• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RSAF to spend USD$2.43 billion on upgrades for very recent F-16s, waste of money

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is what Transparency International meant when it gave SIngapore a D grade for defence spending. Here you have 60 Block 52 and 52+ F-16Ds. These are the most capable F-16s in the world. The last batch was delivered a mere 10 years ago, which in fighter usage is very recently. Even the USAF does not have such new and capable F-16s. Frontline USAF F-16 squadrons operate the Block 40 and Block 50 versions of the F-16, and they have recently embarked on an upgrade program to bring them up to a standardized Block 52 level. The RSAF already has the Block 52 now, but somehow deems that its not enough and want to upgrade it even further. This is coming from a country that has never used its F-16s in combat but somehow thinks that they are inadequate for whatever fantasy mission it has in mind. This is really an overkill and totally unnecessary considering we have as much F-16s as the next 2 countries combined, and their F-16s are the older A/B models as well. In addition, we have force multipliers in the form of KC-135 and AWACS. These are equivalent to adding another 30-40% aircraft in any strike package. I guess someone at Lockheed Martin is really kicking back the bucks to some PAP crony and bag man. Hey don't worry if there is no money for schools and they have to cut back, nor if there is no money to spend to reduce the health care costs of singaporeans, we have USD$2.43 billion to donate to Uncle Sam's economy and labour force.

WASHINGTON, Jan 14, 2014 – The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress January 13 of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Singapore for an upgrade of F-16 Block 52 aircraft and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $2.43 billion.

The Government of Singapore has requested an upgrade of 60 F-16C/D/D+ aircraft. The upgrades will address reliability, supportability, and combat effectiveness concerns associated with its aging F-16 fleet. The items being procured in this proposed sale include:

70 Active Electronically Scanned Array Radars (AESA)
70 LN-260 Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation Systems (GPS/INS)
70 Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS)
70 APX-125 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Combined Interrogator Transponders
3 AIM-9X Block II Captive Air Training Missiles
3 TGM-65G Maverick Missiles for testing and integration
4 GBU-50 Guided Bomb Units (GBU) for testing and integration
5 GBU-38 Joint Direct Attack Munitions for testing and integration
3 CBU-105 (D-4)/B Sensor Fused Weapons for testing and integration
1 AIS Interface Test Adapters for software updates
1 Classified Computer Program Identification Numbers (CPINs)
4 GBU-49 Enhanced Paveways for testing and integration
2 DSU-38 Laser Seekers for testing and integration
6 GBU-12 Paveway II, Guidance Control Units

Also included are Modular Mission Computers, a software maintenance facility, cockpit multifunction displays, radios, secure communications, video recorders; a Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS); maintenance, repair and return, aircraft and ground support equipment, spare and repair parts, tool and test equipment; engine support equipment, publications and technical documentation; aerial refueling support, aircraft ferry services, flight test; personnel training and training equipment, site surveys, construction, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics and program support. The estimated cost is $2.43 billion.

This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by increasing the ability of the Republic of Singapore to contribute to regional security. The proposed sale will improve the security of a strategic partner which has been, and continues to be, an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Asia Pacific region.

The proposed upgrade will improve both the capabilities and the reliability of the Republic of Singapore Air Force’s (RSAF) aging fleet of F-16s. The improved capability, survivability, and reliability of newly upgraded F-16s will enhance the RSAFs ability to defend its borders and contribute to coalition operations with other allied forces. The RSAF will have no difficulty absorbing this additional equipment and support into its armed forces.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
remind me back in those days when gangsters come knocking at your door asking for kopi lui.

so for the protection against the rah rah from indo threatening every possible excuse, you hv to send your plane to the nearby airport which is 2 ft away and have an upgrade which will take no more than 1 minute but will cost you 2 arms and 1 leg.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
USA is everything to singapore.

singapore cannot survive as a small city state in this part of the world.

this is a trade imbalance issue, if your protector come for talks about solving the trade unbalance issue, do you reject him?

In your whatever fantasy case, where opposition win power in singapore and become government, do you reject your most important protector and divert money to school and hospital? or crumble like pap. I am quite sure opposition will do the same. so easy to complain and whine, when you do not have to make any serious decision for the survival of the city state. reality is different from dream.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
USA is everything to singapore.

singapore cannot survive as a small city state in this part of the world.

this is a trade imbalance issue, if your protector come for talks about solving the trade unbalance issue, do you reject him?

In your whatever fantasy case, where opposition win power in singapore and become government, do you reject your most important protector and divert money to school and hospital? or crumble like pap. I am quite sure opposition will do the same. so easy to complain and whine, when you do not have to make any serious decision for the survival of the city state. reality is different from dream.

U fucking stupid cunt, what protector are you talking about? U want the protection that the US gives to Iraq? Astan? Protect shit. Unless they have 50,000 troops on our soil like they do in SOuth Korea, they couldn't protect an ant here. By the time their US 6th Fleet sail down here, the only thing they will be protecting is rubble and dead bodies. What a fucking idiot.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
remind me back in those days when gangsters come knocking at your door asking for kopi lui.

so for the protection against the rah rah from indo threatening every possible excuse, you hv to send your plane to the nearby airport which is 2 ft away and have an upgrade which will take no more than 1 minute but will cost you 2 arms and 1 leg.

I think the way it works for them is they invite the gangster here, than they go to the employer and say the gangsters want $100 kopi money. But actually, the gangster want only $50. They than take the $100 from the employer, pocket $50 and give the other $50 to the gangster.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
their words are enough to scare our enemies.

no need troops here.

Which fucking fantasy is this? The words of the US will scare even small muslim countries? I think not. U mean Obama sabre rattling will scare 247 million muslims in Indonesia? More like it will enrage them. Fucking get a brain, moron.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rather they spend this money to upgrade the F-16 than they retire all the 60 F-16 and buy 60 F-35. Then everyone will really kpkb everyday. I just hope that SAF don't buy the F-35.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sometime i read opposition posts, i do not understand what world they are living in.

i do not like pap policy and reading the opposition supporters posts here over the years, the choice is to vote for tyrant or morons? best to spoilt the vote. stay neutral as always.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Rather they spend this money to upgrade the F-16 than they retire all the 60 F-16 and buy 60 F-35. Then everyone will really kpkb everyday. I just hope that SAF don't buy the F-35.

They already have the F-15SG, the most advanced fighter in Asia, and more advanced than the USAF F-15Ds. They don't need to upgrade the F-16s at all. But someone has to spend taxpayer's money like its going out of style. I have yet to see one report on exactly what is the threat to singapore that makes them buy all these toys. And please don't say its a deterrent.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
sometime i read opposition posts, i do not understand what world they are living in.

i do not like pap policy and reading the opposition supporters posts here over the years, the choice is to vote for tyrant or morons? best to spoilt the vote. stay neutral as always.

I am sorry, what has this got to do with the thread?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They already have the F-15SG, the most advanced fighter in Asia, and more advanced than the USAF F-15Ds. They don't need to upgrade the F-16s at all. But someone has to spend taxpayer's money like its going out of style. I have yet to see one report on exactly what is the threat to singapore that makes them buy all these toys. And please don't say its a deterrent.
best in asia?
what about F-15J and F-15K?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
more advance than IAF Mig29?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support such upgrade as long they always hit Mats Targets with great accuracy. This is to warn crazy Islamists not to mess with Singapore.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
mean you are a retard if you think singapore existence are not closing link to USA military might.

Where is this close link to the the US military might that you talk about? U are saying we will not exist without it? Really? where are the US military bases in singapore? How big is the US military presence here? Do they have tanks, artillery, USAF fighters. US Navy warships patrolling our coast? How many thousands of troops do they have here? Fucking talk shit. Shut your cheebye mouth.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I support such upgrade as long they always hit Mats Targets with great accuracy. This is to warn crazy Islamists not to mess with Singapore.

What mat targets do you want to hit? Where are these crazy Islamists? Why would they mess with SIngapore. ANswer these questions before you shoot your cheebye mouth. DOn't bring your fantasies here without proof.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
ANything is more advanced than a Mig29. I would say our upgraded F-5Es are on par with them.

The MiG-29s were able to hold their own in exercises, against both USAF F-16CJs and RSAF (Singaporean) F-16 Block 50's at KKD Air Force Base near Calcutta. The Su-30 MKIs, however, clearly outperforming the Block 50 F-16s.

"Russian-origin Sukhoi-30MKI jets are apparently outgunning American F-16s on "several aspects" at the ongoing Indo-Singapore air combat exercise in Gwalior.

This is the first-ever face-off between these two sophisticated war machines originating from the two former Cold War adversaries.

"Our Sukhois are doing very well against the F-16Cs (of Singapore Air Force) in terms of manoeuvrability, sophistication of avionics and weapon systems. Similarly, our MiG-29s and Mirage-2000s are also matching up to the F-16s," say IAF sources."

Source: Don't fret if Pak gets F-16s, October 22, 2004

The RSAF downplayed these "leaks" and denied them. However, the acquisition of AESA equipped latest generation F-15s by the RSAF (as versus more F-16s) speaks for itself in terms of the RSAF acquiring a "heavy-medium" mix as versus relying on F-16s alone. The RMAF (Malaysian AF) fields Su-30MKMs, which are derivatives of the IAF Su-30MKIs.