• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RJC Student: Housework is common sense, maid do can liao

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
the indian and malay elite are no better :mad:

I have to disagree. The same Sunday Times article carries a quote from Omar Farook, 16 years from SJI which is starkly different. He's more down to earth and views household chores a shared responsibility,

soccernet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I am not surprised that we do have elite Singaporean youth making such insensiive comments or giving such opinions. I hope (& believe) such comments are viewed as 'unacceptable' by most Singaporeans. Even if this is the way she feels, she should be matured enough to be sensitive to the feelings of the general population. Our education system should teach our future leaders to be especially careful and sensitive when making public comments. I hope such incidents are just isolated cases ..ie. we have some failures but the majority of our students are mature enough to be street-smart.

I am just wondering how would our Education Ministry feels about such comments coming from an elite student. Is this alright in the eye of the Ministry?

Next, I wonder how would RJC feel about one of their own making such an insensitive remark?

If the MOE or RJC feels that it is alright, then something is really wrong with our system.

If they feel otherwise, I thought it will be wise to make clear their stand on this. Not doing so may imply passive or even active acceptance.

If the air is not cleared, I fear that we could be moving towards a totally elitist societal system whereby all things elite are viewed and accepted on different terms.

This can be potentially be dangerous for us especially if we pride ourselves on being a united Singapore - One Nation One People.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope the girl become a house maid(or is it mate) in future..

really singapore girls are getting worse by the day....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"I don't think it's important to learn how to do chores because its is common sense. If I have to do them some day, I'm sure I'll know how. In the future, I'll get a maid and I won't make my children do chores, either"

The arrogance, ignorance and lack of empathy on display from this Chinese elite is astounding. A sheltered life no doubt.

How many more like her are out there? Wee Shu Min comes to mind - another Chinese elite. What kind of future society are we building? Are these the future leaders of Singapore? God bless Singapore.

Sinkie parents will pop out sinkie kids, what do you expect. That is why it is best to stay away from this shit country as it is full of them.

But of course if you are patriotic to your country, which is no wrong, try your best to stick with those who has some human sense, it will do you and your family a whole lot of good.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually, I am not surprised that we do have elite Singaporean youth making such insensiive comments or giving such opinions. I hope (& believe) such comments are viewed as 'unacceptable' by most Singaporeans. Even if this is the way she feels, she should be matured enough to be sensitive to the feelings of the general population. Our education system should teach our future leaders to be especially careful and sensitive when making public comments. I hope such incidents are just isolated cases ..ie. we have some failures but the majority of our students are mature enough to be street-smart.

She has a sinkie parent, what do you expect.

I am just wondering how would our Education Ministry feels about such comments coming from an elite student. Is this alright in the eye of the Ministry? Next, I wonder how would RJC feel about one of their own making such an insensitive remark?

You expect your ministry to feel something? you must be joking.

If the MOE or RJC feels that it is alright, then something is really wrong with our system.

If they feel otherwise, I thought it will be wise to make clear their stand on this. Not doing so may imply passive or even active acceptance.

If the air is not cleared, I fear that we could be moving towards a totally elitist societal system whereby all things elite are viewed and accepted on different terms.

This can be potentially be dangerous for us especially if we pride ourselves on being a united Singapore - One Nation One People.

Hey, you must have been locked up in the mountains for quite sometime, the system is already wrong for quite a while. You got to read up and check up more.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
kids nowadays have been raised to believe that the errands/ chores/ domestic duties are rightfully fulfilled by the maid/ domestic helper. in the event that there's no maid/ domestic helper under the roof, it's no longer called a home.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie parents will pop out sinkie kids, what do you expect. That is why it is best to stay away from this shit country as it is full of them.

But of course if you are patriotic to your country, which is no wrong, try your best to stick with those who has some human sense, it will do you and your family a whole lot of good.

yeah sure, like father like son..

btw, your family working as OKT for many generations is it?:oIo::oIo::oIo: