• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Riverside Primary School Teacher tore up child's book

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember them as my teachers.

However when I hear that these people have passed on, it really hits me when I realise that we may soon be joining them:(
It makes me think about the time wasted doing NS, reservists, ... & not doing what is really important.

that's life bro. nothing we can do about it.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you're in school you should jolly well do as you're told. That's what school is all about.

No, that's a dangerous presumption to teach your kids, especially nowadays with many pervert teachers around. Even back then, there are many stupid and unnecessary things that the schools asked students to do that caused unnecessary stress to the students. Another example would be my neighbour's kid in one mission school who was asked many times to fill up white donation cards for their school.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yesterday, I tore up my subordinate's report in front of the other workers and ordered him to redo it. I smacked him hard and challenged him to resign if he's not happy. His balls shrunk, he went back to redo. It looks like he has been well-trained in school. I then eased the tension by praising him for being a good boy from a good school. He smiled and teared at my compliment. The new report was much better done, and I bought him a snack today to encourage him.

Kids should learn how to take it like an adult when their teacher tears up their work if it is badly done.

jw5

Loyal
Yesterday, I tore up my subordinate's report in front of the other workers and ordered him to redo it. I smacked him hard and challenged him to resign if he's not happy. His balls shrunk, he went back to redo. It looks like he has been well-trained in school. I then eased the tension by praising him for being a good boy from a good school. He smiled and teared at my compliment. The new report was much better done, and I bought him a snack today to encourage him.

Kids should learn how to take it like an adult when their teacher tears up their work if it is badly done.

Hopefully the teacher will give the kid a hot snack and not a cold bun. :wink:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey people, I need your opinions on this issue. Can any teachers help? Thought of highlighting to MOE but was told they will reflect the matter to the school principal, which essentially meant nothing will be done.

How would you all feel if a teacher tore up your child's book, informing you the reason for doing so was that she wrote nonsense on its pages? But from what one can see, they are merely blank spaces in the workbook to be filled with some words . Regardless, a teacher shouldn't tear up the book of any student! Mind you, she ripped out 3 pages in front of the entire class.

This friend of mine is very upset and she had to change schools for her kid as the poor girl is too afraid attend class (@ Riverside Primary School that is ) due to the constant scolding she received from the teacher.

That poor girl is just a primary one student. Two months into the new term, she is still struggling to adjust to the environment; making friends, knowing her teachers.

Both the little girl's parents are working by the way, so the school is entrusted with caring for and educating the kid . The usually chirpy girl becomes very quiet when asked about matters related to the school and her teachers. Thinking it is normal for a child to evade such queries from time to time, the parents did not sense anything amiss.

Then the parents saw torn pages of the book after they were alerted by a neighbour who watches the child after official school hours. They thus went to school and asked the teacher (Mdm Yaty) to explain why she tore up the book.

Her reply was simply this : "She was writing nonsense on it. And I do this to other students too." So what exactly were the words written that you deemed as nonsense? The incorrect answers? Come on... you should offer a better reason.

See more at Riverside Primary School Teacher tore up child's book

good children are spoilt brats nowadays.