• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Riverfront Residences, a condominium in Hougang, has banned dog-walking on its premises

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condo at Year 0 is zero dollar too no?
Our local residential buildings cannot last more than 60 years. I visited very old HDBs in Potong Pasir, Clementi and you see dripping pipes, moulds and cracks all over. And older HDBs can only sell to older people, according to HDB ruling.

Condos are on private lands. There is a higher chance that the owners can organize themselves and enbloc to "recycle their capital" before Year Zero.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our local residential buildings cannot last more than 60 years. I visited very old HDBs in Potong Pasir, Clementi and you see dripping pipes, moulds and cracks all over. And older HDBs can only sell to older people, according to HDB ruling.

Condos are on private lands. There is a higher chance that the owners can organize themselves and enbloc to "recycle their capital" before Year Zero.
Higher chance but not likely also la. Much easier to sell at reduced price by your ownself la. Nowadays very few enblocs.

So I am really thinking 99 year lease condo is really a ticking timebomb like the 99 year hdb flats. On top of that, don’t forget the maintenance fees you pay every month.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Higher chance but not likely also la. Much easier to sell at reduced price by your ownself la. Nowadays very few enblocs.

So I am really thinking 99 year lease condo is really a ticking timebomb like the 99 year hdb flats. On top of that, don’t forget the maintenance fees you pay every month.
I spoke to a South Korean about this situation.

He shared with me that in South Korea, residential properties in Seoul and Incheon are mostly freehold. However, it is a headache. Because it is freehold, people don't feel the urgency to "revitalize" the properties for various reasons. Then it reaches a stage that the cost of rebuilding becomes higher than the price of the freehold land because the property is very old. Then it is left to rot.

Therefore, in their context, he shared with me that their property market is also like a ticking timebomb.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spoke to a South Korean about this situation.

He shared with me that in South Korea, residential properties in Seoul and Incheon are mostly freehold. However, it is a headache. Because it is freehold, people don't feel the urgency to "revitalize" the properties for various reasons. Then it reaches a stage that the cost of rebuilding becomes higher than the price of the freehold land because the property is very old. Then it is left to rot.

Therefore, in their context, he shared with me that their property market is also like a ticking timebomb.
Well I mean if it’s 99 year lease, it doesn’t mean that automatically ppl will by default maintain it better than freehold right? But what’s certain is the depreciation for 99 year lease willl kick in over the years more than the freehold ones.