• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rise in the number of bicycle thefts

General Veers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Rise in the number of bicycle thefts

East Coast Park, bicycle lots at MRT stations and SingPost building in Paya Lebar are hot spots

Published on Feb 12, 2012

ST_IMAGES_LJBICYCLE.jpg

Bicycles parked outside Paya Lebar MRT station, near the SingPost buildling, have been the target of thieves. Bicycle thefts have gone up to 1,137 cases last year, from 719 the year before. Police advise owners to use a U-lock or bicycle lock with an alarm feature when leaving their bikes unattended. -- ST PHOTO: NURIA LING

By Jessica Lim And Siau Ming En

Sound engineer Steve Crean managed to foil the attempt of a man to steal his bicycle three months ago.

When the 40-year-old was heading to the bicycle stand at Tampines Mall, he saw a man picking the lock of his bicycle.

He tapped him on the shoulder and the man - who looked to be in his 20s - took off running.

'It was blatantly obvious what he was trying to do,' said Mr Crean, who had secured his bicycle with a lock bought for about $20.

BACKGROUND STORY

More cautious now

'I was really shocked... I don't lock (my new bicycle) anywhere any more. I just use it and take it back home.'

MR JOSHI THOMAS on how he reacted after his old bicycle was stolen

'I was very angry, the bicycle is special to me, it is a gift from my wife,' he said. He has since gone for a more expensive lock.

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony is, if you do not wish that your bike is stolen, DO NOT use or bring along any type of locks. Think about it and you'll know what I meant.

What do you do if you do not have a lock?