• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a pity, I was watching it live and when i saw the crash and him getting hit on the head/neck area I knew it was going to bad..

Marco was a good rider, He was going to Honda next yr and could have been a serious contender for the World championship.

RIP.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Race Direction press conference: Marco Simoncelli

Paul Butler opened the press conference, saying: “The purpose of this press conference is to apprise you of the circumstances that resulted in the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli. You know who we all are, the Race Direction; Claude Danis who is the FIM representative, Javier Alonso the Dorna representative, Franco Uncini the riders’ representative, and I’m Paul Butler the IRTA representative and Race Director. Michele Macchiagodena is our Medical Director and he will explain to you the circumstances that resulted in this death.”

Michele Macchiagodena said: “I’m very sad to be here to report about the death of Marco Simoncelli, a friend. Because of the crash he had during the race, in which he was hit by other riders, he suffered a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest. When our medical staff got to him he was unconscious. In the ambulance because there was a cardiac arrest they started CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Immediately in the Medical Centre, with the help also of the Doctor of our staff at the Clinica Mobile and local Doctors, he was intubated and it was possible to take off some blood from the thorax. The CPR was continued for 45 minutes because we tried to help him for as long as we thought it was possible. Unfortunately it was not possible to help him and at 16:56 (local time) we had to declare he was dead.”

Paul Butler responded to a question about Marco Simoncelli’s helmet coming off in the crash by saying: “I think if I may reply, that will be for another occasion. Quite clearly the consequences and circumstances surrounding the accident will be thoroughly investigated.”

Answering a question about the condition of Colin Edwards, who was involved in the incident, Michele Macchiagodena said: “He had a dislocation of the shoulder and with anaesthesia the shoulder now is in the correct position. He is fine.”

Paul Butler concluded the press conference by adding: “Our sympathies go to his family and we want to show every respect possible to Marco.”

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Race+Direction+press+conference+Simoncelli+Sepang

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
marco-simoncelli.jpg

simoncelli-250-dutch-gp.jpg

MotoGP+Of+Japan+Qualifying+A-tg7dMyJR3l.jpg

Honda_RC212V_2011_Gresini_Marco_Simoncelli_01_1024x768.jpg

marco-simoncelli.jpg

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Saw the video from the front angle.his head was under Rossi front tyre that cause his helmet to come off.
Colin and Rossi tried to avoid.

Last edited:

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A pays tribute to Simoncelli

23 October 2011

12427275680.jpg

Tributes from the Italian world of football have flooded in following the death of MotoGP rider Marco Simoncelli on Sunday.

Simoncelli, 24, who was a big AC Milan fan, died after being involved in a serious accident at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) has confirmed that every Serie A match on Sunday will observe a minute's silence starting from Milan's tie against Lecce.

The Rossoneri's assistant coach Mauro Tassotti was among the first to speak for Milan following the rider's death.

"I was watching the television [when the crash happened]. Apart from Simo being a Milan fan, we are very sad because a very young sportsman leaves us early," Tassotti told Sky Sport Italia.

The Italian champions also released a statement via their official website.

"Every Rossoneri fan and AC Milan will come together to show support for Marco's family. Marco was a great Milan fan and the club would like to send its sincere and felt condolences."

Inter and president Massimo Moratti released a statement.

It reads: "President Massimo Moratti, alongside Claudio Ranieri and the team, take part in the worldwide pain being felt following the loss of Marco Simoncelli. In rememberance of a young champion, Inter would like to sends its condolences to Simoncelli's family and friends."

A note from Roma reads: "AS Roma are close to the family and friends of Marco Simoncelli who died at the Malaysian Grand Prix."

Napoli's message of condelence reads: "President Aurelio De Laurentiis, the staff, team and directors have been struck by the tragedy of Marco Simoncelli, an Italian champion who has left us. Napoli would like to stay close to the rider's family."