• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Riot Mata K9 doggies can not fix 159 PRCs at Changi Airport, plane hijacked LOL

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like insurrection is just around the corner in PRC. There were circa 500 protests and riots daily in China last year. The PRCs might just be the ones to show us how German-style social democracy could be realised in Asian societies. :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in singapore , protesters got money take ? ...whahahahaha..dr chee where are you ?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
in singapore , protesters got money take ? ...whahahahaha..dr chee where are you ?

At the end of the day, it all comes down to power. Only Sinkies are dumb enough to surrender their powers to the government and expect the government to not abuse it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At the end of the day, it all comes down to power. Only Sinkies are dumb enough to surrender their powers to the government and expect the government to not abuse it.

no choice lah ..years of goverment conditioning is like that one lah . still got many singaporean thinking without LKY singapore is still a fishing village mah ...:wink:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
no choice lah ..years of goverment conditioning is like that one lah . still got many singaporean thinking without LKY singapore is still a fishing village mah ...:wink:

That gongkia initially opted for the industrial strategy of import substitution in 1963. Fortunately, 冬菇 Abdul Ramen inadvertently saved Sinkieland by kicking it out of the federation and Kuan Yew subsequently had no choice but to pursue export-oriented industrialisation as recommended earlier in an UN report in 1961 by the founding father of modern Singapore, Albert Winsemius :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wu ya bo ? you want to lead a team outside the istana anot ?

For Singaporeans, can consider. For Burmese, definitely no. I have my personal inclinations too, just like everybody else. I don't blame CSJ for being pro-Burmese. I'm just stating my POV. I'm not totally unbiased too. Burmese and Thais have been arch enemies for centuries in a real and even bloody sense. You know which side I'm on, regardless of which party in power anywhere.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Singaporeans, can consider. For Burmese, definitely no. I have my personal inclinations too, just like everybody else. I don't blame CSJ for being pro-Burmese. I'm just stating my POV. I'm not totally unbiased too. Burmese and Thais have been arch enemies for centuries in a real and even bloody sense. You know which side I'm on, regardless of which party in power anywhere.

I know that out of all the SEA countries Laos and thailand are the closest. I understand that cambodia influenced thailand culturally to quite a large extent but thailand isn't that close to cambodia and yeah the burmese and thais are always enemies. In fact one of the thai kings is revered cos he freed thailand from the burmese.

Actually come to think of it i realise that burma is probably the only country in SEA that sort of remains an engima to most sinkies. Their writing script is pretty unique it's all in circles and stuff.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually come to think of it i realise that burma is probably the only country in SEA that sort of remains an engima to most sinkies. Their writing script is pretty unique it's all in circles and stuff.

Burmese writing script is Ceylon based. Thai writing script is Pali based. Both still share distant cousin in Sanskrit.

Last edited:

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are we now still not convinced that importing PRC FTs is a very healthy counter measure against PAP authoritarian rules? :rolleyes::wink::biggrin:

PAP dug their own graves by importing them. We have to use the PRCs to fuck the PAP dead. :wink::wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Burmese writing script is Ceylon based. Thai writing script is Pali based. Both still share distant cousin in Sanskrit.

I do notice that thanks to the regime in burma it's worse off than thailand and obviously not high on anyone's holiday destination. I have heard accounts from some sinkies there that the burmese were pretty nice to them. They mentioned that thailand's smile is more commercial-like while burma's was more genuine.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do notice that thanks to the regime in burma it's worse off than thailand and obviously not high on anyone's holiday destination. I have heard accounts from some sinkies there that the burmese were pretty nice to them. They mentioned that thailand's smile is more commercial-like while burma's was more genuine.

Burmese and Thais were sworn enemies for centuries. Burmese invaded Siam all the way down to Ayuthaya to force Siamese capital further down south to Bangkok, where Siamese held their grounds and from which they recovered lost grounds. Burmese conceded to British colonization for one purpose only, to help them invade Thailand again. But the British explained it away with the French balance equation in Indo-China, now Vietnam and Cambodia, then followed by WW2 confusion of Japanese invasion. Both British and Burmese were pissed with each other and parted company after the war with a handshake and smile. But the centuries old feud between Thailand and Burma, yet unsettled and unsatisfied.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Burmese and Thais were sworn enemies for centuries. Burmese invaded Siam all the way down to Ayuthaya to force Siamese capital further down south to Bangkok, where Siamese held their grounds and from which they recovered lost grounds. Burmese conceded to British colonization for one purpose only, to help them invade Thailand again. But the British explained it away with the French balance equation in Indo-China. now Vietnam and Cambodia. Both British and Burmese were pissed with each other and parted company after the war with a handshake and smile. But the centuries old feud between Thailand and Burma, yet unsettled and unsatisfied.

Are there any sort of tensions bet the burmese and thais in the present day? Perhaps in say some muay thai fight or maybe in a football match are the fans for eg pretty aggressive towards one another when these 2 countries meet?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i welcome peaceful protest but not violent protest . violence protest is not good for any country .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That gongkia initially opted for the industrial strategy of import substitution in 1963. Fortunately, 冬菇 Abdul Ramen inadvertently saved Sinkieland by kicking it out of the federation and Kuan Yew subsequently had no choice but to pursue export-oriented industrialisation as recommended earlier in an UN report in 1961 by the founding father of modern Singapore, Albert Winsemius :biggrin:

i learn singapore history from you and our ah ram in this forum ...thanks .