• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recruit Misthrew Hand Grenade in March Now Then Report!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Current generations of males are too much of a wussy compare to generartions of NSMen before. Many can't take the slightest hardship and feared the slightest things in life. Perhaps its a generation of over provided for sinkies with too much of a good life by their parents.

You can only throw a live grenade once in your NS life and yet people can screw it up at such a simple task. Unbelivable isn't it ?
May be the school should have theory lesson in GRANDE throwiing lesson !

jw5

Loyal
Just cant understand ....... Throwing a grenade is like throwing a stone. Why today's recruit are so JIA LIAT ? Take out the PIn and just dump the grenade as far as possible at the forward position.

I though today's recruit has more education hence more clever ......... Seems that it not happening as per planned. Still today's recruit still make mistake that their predecessor has been making.
I still remember my hand grenade throwing session in bmt. It was conducted by an officer I hated.
When it was my turn, I took the grenade and smiled at him. He smiled nervously back at me. I looked at the target then at the grenade and smiled at him again. He wiped a bead of perspiration off his brow.
I took off the safety pin and smiled at him again before throwing it as far as I could.
By then he had a silly grin on his face and was sweating profusely. :smile:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still remember my hand grenade throwing session in bmt. It was conducted by an officer I hated.
When it was my turn, I took the grenade and smiled at him. He smiled nervously back at me. I looked at the target then at the grenade and smiled at him again. He wiped a bead of perspiration off his brow.
I took off the safety pin and smiled at him again before throwing it as far as I could.
By then he had a silly grin on his face and was sweating profusely. :smile:

haha... true true, i pull same stunt too. the stupid keling so farking scare that he took cover without seeing where the grenade land.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If S'pore were in a real war, such 'friendly' grenades would have obliterated at least a whole section if not an entire platoon in the SAF under the butter finger hands of such NS men.

Maybe S'pore schools should introduce cricket in schools so as to train more males to perfect their overarm lobs.

I am wondering also, why are soldiers still lobbing grenades when rocket propel grenades are being widely used by the Taleban and Palestinian Militia forces. The rocket propel grenades can go further than that thrown by hand and won't have the possibility of a mis-throw.

bro, i not sure whether you had done any your NS. So let me give you some situations when grenade launcher cannot be use.

1) u stumble upon a MG post in thick vegetation. It freaking close and immediately u kenna pin down by MG fire. There no way u can bring the launcher into play as there no way to aim. Solution : lob a frag grenade toward the MG post to force the gunner into taking cover and hope grenade can stun the enemy so that u can charge at him without getting hit.

2) FIBUA, u are fighting room to room. how to use launcher?

3) Your section grenadier aka M203 gunner already down, so lan lan had to use hand power to throw.

4) only throw type remain, launcher type grenades no more.:biggrin:

Anyway BMT only teach to throw far far, go unit had to throw with skill at certain targets for the unit Atec.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need more exposure to realistic situations!

Realistic training? They are too preoccupied with safety policies than to come up with something realistic.

Even military excercise feels more like a routine drill and spastic in nature .Outcome of each excercise is always predictable. There's no longer the element of surprise or uncertainty , everything is just a staged hardware show. Coupled with the fact that all performers are just going thru motion just to finish the routine as quickly as possible.

That is one reason why Singapore should never engage in a real war. Else people will die laughing .:cool: