• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recruit Misthrew Hand Grenade in March Now Then Report!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And did so in a celebratory mood! NSmen risk their lives while the Familee encourages FTrash take away their educational and job opportunities if not depressing their pay. Still dun want to revolt/emigrate?

TV2008091422173800.jpg

TV2008091422174200.jpg

TV2008091422172600.jpg

TV2008091422173100.jpg

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just cant understand ....... Throwing a grenade is like throwing a stone. Why today's recruit are so JIA LIAT ? Take out the PIn and just dump the grenade as far as possible at the forward position.

I though today's recruit has more education hence more clever ......... Seems that it not happening as per planned. Still today's recruit still make mistake that their predecessor has been making.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just cant understand ....... Throwing a grenade is like throwing a stone. Why today's recruit are so JIA LIAT ? Take out the PIn and just dump the grenade as far as possible at the forward position.

I though today's recruit has more education hence more clever ......... Seems that it not happening as per planned. Still today's recruit still make mistake that their predecessor has been making.

Perhaps he's trying to ...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he hate the trainer and lucky the Hand Grenade for training is not that powerful as in real life battlefield.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new recruits are not mentally toughened up for NS.

Resulting in so many NS cases which we have read in the papers. :eek::eek:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Current generations of males are too much of a wussy compare to generartions of NSMen before. Many can't take the slightest hardship and feared the slightest things in life. Perhaps its a generation of over provided for sinkies with too much of a good life by their parents.

You can only throw a live grenade once in your NS life and yet people can screw it up at such a simple task. Unbelivable isn't it ?

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
If S'pore were in a real war, such 'friendly' grenades would have obliterated at least a whole section if not an entire platoon in the SAF under the butter finger hands of such NS men.

Maybe S'pore schools should introduce cricket in schools so as to train more males to perfect their overarm lobs.

I am wondering also, why are soldiers still lobbing grenades when rocket propel grenades are being widely used by the Taleban and Palestinian Militia forces. The rocket propel grenades can go further than that thrown by hand and won't have the possibility of a mis-throw.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If S'pore were in a real war, such 'friendly' grenades would have obliterated at least a whole section if not an entire platoon in the SAF under the butter finger hands of such NS men.

Maybe S'pore schools should introduce cricket in schools so as to train more males to perfect their overarm lobs.

I am wondering also, why are soldiers still lobbing grenades when rocket propel grenades are being widely used by the Taleban and Palestinian Militia forces. The rocket propel grenades can go further than that thrown by hand and won't have the possibility of a mis-throw.

If the enemy is at a close proximity to you, say less than 50m away, you propel grenades?....you on a suicide mission or what?:o , yenade & ou lob your grenade & run for the hills, or take cover!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the enemy is at a close proximity to you, say less than 50m away, you propel grenades?....you on a suicide mission or what?:o , yenade & ou lob your grenade & run for the hills, or take cover!

The beauty of a rocket propelled grenades is, one does not need to get close to the target, thereby reducing the chances of being detected by the enemy.

Isn't it easier and safer to shoot a rocket propelled grenade into a machine gun nest, approaching enemy vehicle or into a building through a window from a distance than to go closer and throw it by hand?

It also reduces the chances of friendly blast injuries to friendly forces who may be too blur to take proper cover in the chaos and noise of the battle to hear 'grenade' being shouted.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This type of accident is not uncommon lah.Stage fright.Grenade fright and all sorts of fright lah. The Officer should be highly commended for his brave action. My fellow recruit had his M16 spraying like hell when in the range.Luckily,we expected such thing and my officer pinned him down before he could spray the whole team. Some recruits simply cannot handle any form of weapons.They got that phobia. They can easily indentified and special precautions are taken.Many of them look weird and funny during training.In the end, we all passed out.No problem. Still the best fighiting force in the world! Amen.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

so if the enemy is more than 50m away, your grenade can reach him??:confused:

olympic over liao leh..:biggrin:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've always wondered why i only get to throw a live grenade ONCE in my life....not even SISPEC or OCS. Not even in a unit. SAF training is a joke! We learn nothing about survival or inculcating a martial attitude. Eg, There is so much more to bayonet fighting, but all we learn is a few basic set pieces which will never help us. We don't have enough simulated exercise where troops divide into teams and wage gunfights. We need more exposure to realistic situations!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've always wondered why i only get to throw a live grenade ONCE in my life....not even SISPEC or OCS. Not even in a unit. SAF training is a joke! We learn nothing about survival or inculcating a martial attitude. Eg, There is so much more to bayonet fighting, but all we learn is a few basic set pieces which will never help us. We don't have enough simulated exercise where troops divide into teams and wage gunfights. We need more exposure to realistic situations!

War come we all die with all useless NS training.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am wondering also, why are soldiers still lobbing grenades ......
thrown by hand and won't have the possibility of a mis-throw.

Should just save $$$ & have recruits throw re-usable dummy grenades & shout BANG. Good enough, cheep & good. :biggrin:

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is obviously a morale campaign doctrine !

If I could go back time !
I could slap and wack every officers amd sergeants good and proper for yakking
and bitching commands confusing the majority !

The run is already minimise without proper dry run ! Budget constrant or what or re-channelling the arms to Burma's despots ?

Yet the stupid bitching officers and sergeants can bark like a bitch who lost her head!

We know what to do you stupid Bitch, saying once is enough !

Instead of giving us more range and grenade loobing ! They choose to practise their bitching and barking !