• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recruit dies after booking out

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_380646.html

Recruit dies after booking out

AN ARMY recruit leaving Pulau Tekong on a ferry on Thursday night after booking out of camp became delirious during the journey to the mainland.

After Mr Liam Kai Zheng, 19, got off the boat at the Singapore Armed Forces' ferry terminal in Changi, he was taken in an ambulance to the Changi General Hospital, where he died nine hours later on Friday morning.

Paramedics had found him unconscious at the foyer of the terminal with an abnormally high pulse rate and temperature. The cause of death is still being determined.

Mr Liam had recently completed a four-day field camp before checking out of the Basic Military Training Centre in Pulau Tekong on Thursday night.

The junior college graduate, whom friends said enlisted last month, was said to be 'soft-spoken but very cheerful'. Said one of them: 'He...had a smile on, no matter what he was doing.'

TEH JOO LIN

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I write on behalf of madmansg.

NS is killing singapore.

Condolences to the family.

What happened to the recruit? After book out? He died? Not Army problem, they declare. But did he got some kind of infection? During the 4 day out camp? That was not found?

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
became delirious while on the ferry back to mainland? demon possessed? fits? unnatural death?

the AssAF will wash their hands clean of this incident, citing reasons that the recruit showed no symptoms of illnesses during training, and was able to book out like the rest. collapsing at the ferry terminal that did not involve strenuos activities, is due to his own physique.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
thursday still have nite training in tekong or not?

probably kena "dirty" things

No training on Thursday nites are long time history events. When I was in Tekong in 1990s, there are incidents, of cos, my guys did report to me about it, but they are small matters, not major ones that someone got killed.

Tekong is damm dirty, but now, after the new complex? I am not sure liao. Out of touch too long liao. However, still remember the order to warn not to bring pork into bunks...

There was a case when a recruit makan char siew pau, and it stained his shirt. Unknowingly, he went back to bunk. The malay recruit in the bunk got into a fit screaming " TOLD YOU NOT TO BRING BACK PORK". many others have to restrain him, after that he just pass out and was dazed.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
became delirious while on the ferry back to mainland? demon possessed? fits? unnatural death?

the AssAF will wash their hands clean of this incident, citing reasons that the recruit showed no symptoms of illnesses during training, and was able to book out like the rest. collapsing at the ferry terminal that did not involve strenuos activities, is due to his own physique.

Maybe already showing some symptoms during the training but was hurry to leave this evil training ground without reporting to his superior

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe already showing some symptoms during the training but was hurry to leave this evil training ground without reporting to his superior

Could be a case of "motan"? Chinese medical term for too heaty? Since the recruit was out field for 4 days. You can imagine the lack of sleep, under the hot sun, tekan and crap. Also the food ration, which makes you unable to shit as long as you take that crap?

All these could be a factor.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be a case of "motan"? Chinese medical term for too heaty? Since the recruit was out field for 4 days. You can imagine the lack of sleep, under the hot sun, tekan and crap. Also the food ration, which makes you unable to shit as long as you take that crap?

All these could be a factor.

Advise to the bros here who has got son going to ns, pls die die oso ask them to take care of himself, never fear to report when not feeling well even you want to die for your cuntry oso not this way. no one would take care of you even your parents when you are at the evil training ground.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is disheartening to see all the service men dropping here and there during peace time. Imaging war time.

Now, something is not right here. We need 6th sense to divine the nature of the problem.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think our Minister of Defense Teo Chee Hean will said ," I am glad that our SAF did a wonderful investigation in this case and found our that this Recruit was healthy and his welfare was looked after when this incident happens. We were really sad that this case had happened, but believed it is heat stroke problem. We have come out with a plan is that all Recruit who were suppose to book out, must go for water parade, drink at least 1 litre of water before book out so that this will not happen again. Let's move on with life."

Very vague and grey area to brush over just to give an answer to the public. If like this I think everyone here can be a Defense Minister. The problem that we cannot be one is because either we dont have a SAF scholarship under our belt, or we do not have any contacts with any of the famiLEE.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thursday still have nite training in tekong or not?

probably kena "dirty" things

Must have been reading the Shit Times on the way out, must have seen the picture of LOON, & Ho Jinx..went delirious:biggrin:

Unnatural death....poor fellow, just begining to start his 'slavery'...ok, he was freed from his 'bondage'..on "alcatraz'...:biggrin:

RIP..:p

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recruits do not book out using the ferry service at Tekong. Something is not right here. Why did he book out and use the ferry service? From the report, it sounds like he wasn't with his recruit mates on the journey.

I am assuming that he was given an MC and asked to go home for fear that he might infect the other recruits. If this is the case, then why wasn't he accompanied on the trip by a medic? And how high was his temperature and was all proper medical help accorded to him at the camp?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am so sick that NS is killing many of our boys out there while foreigners are having a good time in Singapore and sending billions of money to their homeland. National day has lost its meaning long ago. PAP did you hear us!!