• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Question] - Need help in identifying a soundtrack on Channel U

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On Channel U these days, there's an trailer for an upcoming series "Planet Earth" (I assume it's the famous BBC production, but with dual language options).

The soundtrack used for the trailer is a particular version of a well-known classic, featuring classical female vocals singing in another language. Can someone identify the title of this classic, and if possible, give details on this particular version used by Channel U?

If you can post any relevant links (eg. YouTube, Amazon.com, etc) on the song, that would be additionally appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Channel U these days, there's an trailer for an upcoming series "Planet Earth" (I assume it's the famous BBC production, but with dual language options).

The soundtrack used for the trailer is a particular version of a well-known classic, featuring classical female vocals singing in another language. Can someone identify the title of this classic, and if possible, give details on this particular version used by Channel U?

If you can post any relevant links (eg. YouTube, Amazon.com, etc) on the song, that would be additionally appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkWjO8ZJcpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkWjO8ZJcpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bach , air

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
he got tons of nice pieces which i believe many of us are familar, just that we did not know its from him.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkWjO8ZJcpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkWjO8ZJcpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bach , air

Hi Vamjok,

Thanks a lot for this info! :smile:

Yes, I knew it was a classical piece, but didn't realize it was Bach. (Personally, I'm a Pachelbel Canon person).

Now, if only I can find the exact vocals version used by Channel U for the trailer... that's going to be tough...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2nvf8ub.jpg

Knn.. pardon the pun but minus the wig he looked like my neighbourhood kopitiam char kway teow uncle leh but i love classical music :wink:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
since we are on this, might as well share some benefits of baroque music.

honestly i am not really a very great fan of baroque music (actually technically this piece is baroque, classical pieces comes after baroque era), only listen to such music when i really need to tap my brain. it does really help. that how i get to know some of the pieces.

through personal experience, volume plays an important role, tune it low, REALLY LOW to the extend that you can only hear it subtly, or barely hear it. then you start to do your serious staff. you will discover the difference.

LeeLaoPeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr Vam you are a person with good tastes

classical musics is proven good for baby brain development
scientist said beethovan increase baby mathematic skill

my favourite piece is moonlight sonata . it is very popular even hyundai make car for it now

if you listen very careful , can tell beethovan was angry when wrote that music

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr Vam you are a person with good tastes

classical musics is proven good for baby brain development
scientist said beethovan increase baby mathematic skill

my favourite piece is moonlight sonata . it is very popular even hyundai make car for it now

if you listen very careful , can tell beethovan was angry when wrote that music

if i am not wrong, all the pieces after he went deaf you can feel that sense of anger.

that sense of anger is the difference. but many who listen to it will say.... got meh? haha (i am not trained in any instruments)

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which trailers?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJ-mHwzAyz8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJ-mHwzAyz8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9hr9Ucyftg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9hr9Ucyftg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Singveld, it's none of these official trailers. Rather, it's Channel U's own promotion trailer for the series which they will soon air, in dual language.

Incidentally, I have my own Pachelbel Canon webpage here, for fellow fans who might be interested :
http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Canon/

if i am not wrong, all the pieces after he went deaf you can feel that sense of anger. that sense of anger is the difference. but many who listen to it will say.... got meh? haha (i am not trained in any instruments)

Regarding the underlying spiritual and karmic reasons why the soul of Beethoven chose to incarnate into a lifetime in which he knew he would incur a medical condition that would cause his deafness, Hilarion (who was Plato the philosopher) had spoken on this, and I've mirrored the transcription (from Hilarion.com) onto my website here :
http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Heart.Of.God/Hilarion/SpringEquinox_2007.html#Beethoven

Could Hilarion comment on Ludwig Von Beethoven? How did he prepare for such a life? Where did his inspiration come from? What has he been doing since 1827? How important was his contribution to the development of western musical tradition?

Hilarion: This being of course, has been very important; breaking with old traditions, bringing in new possibilities, but most importantly, connecting strongly at the emotional body level in a way that had not been done before, and is continuing to be done even now.

Now some might think that this being has reincarnated as a musician, but this is actually not the case. Many times when a being goes through many levels of evolution, coming to a pinnacle, or a manifestation in which a very high and important energy has then been known to the soul, it has learned enough from that path. It starts then on a new path, on one investigating in this case, the opportunity for healing.

In this way, this individual has incarnated a few times, looking into areas of the human ear, working eventually in areas of the healing capacity of a physician, a doctor, and then manifesting as a little child now, who will grow eventually into a healer using hands on healing; using more esoteric and subtler methods.

This sequence of lifetimes, because of the tremendous power of this soul, will probably end with the manifestation of powerful healing energies that will have a profound effect on planet Earth. Be teachable, utilizable, and will of course be those which can connect easily with sound, music, and other areas, because that is the other thing that also happens.

As the soul moves through these levels of development, towards that pinnacle lifetime it inevitably connects with many other attributes. Part of the whole idea of drawing in from the karmic level the aspect of losing one's hearing, particularly later in life, was at the positive level to concentrate on the inner music. But, also for the purpose of destroying much in the way of karma; getting rid of some of the aspects that were plaguing and difficult, burning them up so to speak.

This was specifically for Beethoven around the judgments that he made in a much earlier lifetime on other people that were spoken out loud, that were seen as very harmful and difficult and these could then be cleansed and cleared from his soul. Understanding these matters is important but when you understand them in an inner way you begin to see them in a little different way; how you are the one choosing these life patterns. How you can welcome and know these energies.

In many ways, the great shift in music to that which would encompass the emotional body might be very powerfully connecting many emotions, in one musical piece is a tradition that has been carried on in more modern music. This however, seems to have been far less and less the case with what is termed classical musical forms; those moving not so much into the emotional area, as to those experimenting with unusual patterns and new tonalities, and new energies. This has its place of course, but in the sense of Beethoven's soul, how it has continued to influence and work with the energies in music, this would seem more to be in modern music with that which would very strongly generate emotion.

However, those energies of his soul that do not manifest in the physical, generally about a tenth of you manifests at the physical level and the other ninety percent is available to assist on many levels. These energies continue now in a new area of music. Influencing the powerful ways in which emotion can be of a positive and helpful, uplifting nature through the words and the music simultaneously.

There are many names for this sort of music, positive music or new thought music and other names. This will emerge more as a genre in the future, and we can see Beethoven's influence here, not so much in the specific arenas, as to the specific words, and the specific tunes, but the general influence that this would be a continuing awakening for humanity.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remembered i watched this documentary(Ch 8) about
some amazing places in China, produce by China,
not too sure the is it '亲观者', and it played one pc
of very nice music, with a female vocal behind,
the vocal just, par..par..par ta ra..
then wu...wu....wu...
I saw it was EMI label but don't know the title.
anyone knew?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered i watched this documentary(Ch 8) about
some amazing places in China, produce by China,
not too sure the is it '亲观者', and it played one pc
of very nice music, with a female vocal behind,
the vocal just, par..par..par ta ra..
then wu...wu....wu...
I saw it was EMI label but don't know the title.
anyone knew?

does it goes

"papa la papa"
"i'm loving it"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is an important update :

Someone emailed me today (26 Mar 09) to say she's also looking for the song (and had been searching for it for a very long time now), and she very much hopes to locate it in time for her upcoming wedding.

She's provided an valuable clue by way of a YouTube video - here's a clear audio sample of the song (music based on 'Air' from Suite No.3 in D major composed by Johann Sebastian Bach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5haBnl-PZ0

Please help us identify the song (eg. Amazon.com, SoundBuzz.com, etc purchase/download link) so as to help her fulfill her wish to have the song used for her upcoming wedding!

Thank you! ^_^

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please help us identify the song (eg. Amazon.com, SoundBuzz.com, etc purchase/download link) so as to help her fulfill her wish to have the song used for her upcoming wedding!

Aiyoh... Air/Canon are played to death at weddings liao lah

Tell her to be different. During the march in, play "Who Let the Dogs Out?" by Baha Man