• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question about singapore gangsters

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you guys feel that when it comes to sinkie gangsters it isn't who is the better fighter or more "garang" but rather who speaks better hokkien?

It's like this when it involves sinkie gangsters. You need hokkien to be spoken vulgarities and then well the actual fighting is not a lot at all and then it's an ambush on an unsuspecting group with weapons and that's about it. Then the person would be arrested by the police and go to jail or if he's lucky escape.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you guys feel that when it comes to sinkie gangsters it isn't who is the better fighter or more "garang" but rather who speaks better hokkien?

It's like this when it involves sinkie gangsters. You need hokkien to be spoken vulgarities and then well the actual fighting is not a lot at all and then it's an ambush on an unsuspecting group with weapons and that's about it. Then the person would be arrested by the police and go to jail or if he's lucky escape.

Imo, it is one's ability to mobilise resources at the shortest time possible for a gang clash. Not everyone in a gang is authorise to activate human resources and weapons.

An old timer corrected me in the past. In his opinion, the ability to raise as much funds as possible in the shortest time demonstrates how strong a group is.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shit, with all the young ones speaking Mandarin, Sg will become a soft nation with few fierce gangsters who are able to fuck their antagonist in style with Hokkien. During my school days, had a Tamil friend that was really smooth in Hokkien; everyone was afraid of him.

Cheers!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shit, with all the young ones speaking Mandarin, Sg will become a soft nation with few fierce gangsters who are able to fuck their antagonist in style with Hokkien. During my school days, had a Tamil friend that was really smooth in Hokkien; everyone was afraid of him. Cheers!

there were also Indians who spoke fluent Cantonese from loh kuan.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore gangsters no firepower compared to Malaysian gangsters. Malaysians use guns, Singapore use knives.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMO, looks and size comes first, followed by garang, and then hokkien. Evetually the outcome is determined by who can tiao chui faster.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hokkien was never the pre-requisite to be an effective gangster in the beginning.
Just that later it morphed into that as hokkien became the lingua franca here....also hokkien got more colorful swear words.
Back then hainan gang like Si Tong spoke predominately hainanese while Loh Kuan which originated from Chinatown spoke Cantonese.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMO, looks and size comes first, followed by garang, and then hokkien. Evetually the outcome is determined by who can tiao chui faster.

Yes. Who can get water faster is key.
Strength of numbers first....looks, quaiity of men, reputation, fight prowess, money, negotiation skills, connections, backing etc all come later.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Who can get water faster is key.
Strength of numbers first....looks, quaiity of men, reputation, fight prowess, money, negotiation skills, connections, backing etc all come later.

Oh yeah, strength of numbers first,which means waters are readily there. Usually i will siam coffeeshop when i see great numbers of gangster to avoid unnecessary staring incident becos I like to see them (but not stare la but surely they will take it as stare)

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

English :- Only FUCK YOU!
Mandarin :- Too long & too chim which always end up meaningless!
Tamil :- Damn fucking long winded, that's why that's the only time they will shut the fuck up & whack!
Malay :- ALLAH's language not halal for verbal fucking! (TRUTH! extremely limited vocabularies coupled with extremely low IQ, will never work!)
Teochew :- Vulgarities too turd and do not sound as good as hokkien when vulgarities are used!
Cantonese :- Too many levels of pronunciation, a wee bit too complicated! Dropped from quarrel scene!
Hakka :- Back to mandarin, not much of a fucking difference!
Hainanese :- Huh?! What fuck you talking, simply cannot comprehend!

The vulgarities champion language will still be hokkien because it is loud, it is turd and it is extremely low class, thus suffice!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the SS might need to conduct compulsory hokkien lessons for their members nowadays. young people don't speak hokkien anymore.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yeah, strength of numbers first,which means waters are readily there. Usually i will siam coffeeshop when i see great numbers of gangster to avoid unnecessary staring incident becos I like to see them (but not stare la but surely they will take it as stare)
Used to thought that SG gangsters are great but after encountering those triads in overseas, SG gangsters are merely street gang honestly.

Now where got Tiao Chui already... If some gangster on the street comes up to me, i'll be more than happy to give him my phone and see how much "CHUI" he can call upon.... Now no more already!! Those old timers now got family n kids, who would wanna get involved in all this n for nothing called up by SSB. Only those youngsters like i saw at Bugis Junction still trying to be gangho.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
English :- Only FUCK YOU!
Mandarin :- Too long & too chim which always end up meaningless!
Tamil :- Damn fucking long winded, that's why that's the only time they will shut the fuck up & whack!
Malay :- ALLAH's language not halal for verbal fucking! (TRUTH! extremely limited vocabularies coupled with extremely low IQ, will never work!)
Teochew :- Vulgarities too turd and do not sound as good as hokkien when vulgarities are used!
Cantonese :- Too many levels of pronunciation, a wee bit too complicated! Dropped from quarrel scene!
Hakka :- Back to mandarin, not much of a fucking difference!
Hainanese :- Huh?! What fuck you talking, simply cannot comprehend!

The vulgarities champion language will still be hokkien because it is loud, it is turd and it is extremely low class, thus suffice!
haha true, you can have the mot chee harm, chor nee muek, pukimak, pei yarn tiew, pei pundek etc but nothing and nothing beats...Soot-ah! Short and most importantly, sharp like the point of a bearing scraper.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used to thought that SG gangsters are great but after encountering those triads in overseas, SG gangsters are merely street gang honestly.

Now where got Tiao Chui already... If some gangster on the street comes up to me, i'll be more than happy to give him my phone and see how much "CHUI" he can call upon.... Now no more already!! Those old timers now got family n kids, who would wanna get involved in all this n for nothing called up by SSB. Only those youngsters like i saw at Bugis Junction still trying to be gangho.

True..the gang I talking about is those di di at bugis especially. When they are in numbers they can be dangerous. But timid when being alone. Big time lao sam seng at home with family lo. :biggrin:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
True..the gang I talking about is those di di at bugis especially. When they are in numbers they can be dangerous. But timid when being alone. Big time lao sam seng at home with family lo. :biggrin:
I think the last batch of Singapore gangster that can really "Tiao Chui" is in the 90s already. After that no more

During the 90s or late 90s, you really can see "Tiao Chui" at Fire disco, Canto at marina south and Sparks at Ngee Ann city

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the last batch of Singapore gangster that can really "Tiao Chui" is in the 90s already. After that no more

During the 90s or late 90s, you really can see "Tiao Chui" at Fire disco, Canto at marina south and Sparks at Ngee Ann city

I think so...in 90s at Fire disco..chanting fire fire burn so high...KNNBCCB...at canto chanting..C. A.N..T..O..CANTO CANTO..then for no reason can see tiao chui happening..last tiao chui i saw was in early 2000 at Marina South buffet area after that no more liao..