• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quan Yifeng Press Conference, December 29, 2011

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It all started when in the 90s, the Govt introduced another TV station supposedly for competition sake. It was called Mediaworks and was owned by SPH. In return, Mediacorp was allowed to publish a new newspaper TODAY. There was quite intense rivalry between the two, with SPH entertainment journalists criticising almost every show produced by rival Mediacorp in its stable of dailies like ST, Newpaper, Wanbao. Mediacorp on the other hand offered quite a different newspaper with its TODAY that were much more critical and questioning of govt policies, hence diminishing SPH papers standing so to speak. So it developed into a tit-for-tat that went on for quite awhile until the Govt called it a day for Mediaworks justifying it that there is no room in Spore for two TV stations. Since then, SPH and Mediacorp had undercurrents and whenever there's a chance, the two will get at each other surreptitiously. I guess the govt can tolerate this as long as it does not get out of hand.

thankyou for your infor ...but SPH and mediacorp are both working for the same boss ( pap ) ? if so , i dont think they will write about singapore kangaroo court .

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
thankyou for your infor ...but SPH and mediacorp are both working for the same boss ( pap ) ? if so , i dont think they will write about singapore kangaroo court .

Yes, SPH would not be so foolish to write about the kangaroo. They will focus all attention on the Mediacorp artiste and what they usually do is through their tabloids ie Wanbao, Shin Min and Newpaper. They will publish within the story what is being said by netizens about the case as in doing so, SPH is not giving an opinion of its own but merely reporting what others are saying. It has been using this ploy to attack Mediacorp artiste for quite sometime now. A few good examples include Jack Neo, Zoe Tay, Marcus Chin.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi drifter

Just to complete the story. TODAY didn't get away long with their provocative (to the Govt) style of reporting. The Emperor LKY pulled up the entire editorial team and gave them a tongue-lashing that they are still shivering up till today. Some were demoted and others had to go. From the very next day onwards, TODAY was much much milder, though in my humble opinion, they are still doing a better job than the prostitutes at SPH. I really hope the pro PAP samsters are reading this thread. Then they will know what sort of a man and his regime they are mindlessly supporting. And hopefully their New Year resolution will be one of being more discerning with the PAP.