• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

public request to fly national flag

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The big question is : why do citizens need the government's permission to fly the national flag? This is very wrong! Anyone should be able to fly the flag whenever they want to, we are a democracy! The national flag is a symbol of our country, it belongs to all Singaporeans, the government does not own it.

#fuckthepap:FU:

Indeed. Totalitarian shithole micromanaging people's lives. People should be free to hang their flags wherever and whenever they please, and use the flag in whichever way they please, including but not limited to burning it.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To hell with the national flag... A united show of solidarity? Yeah ok, I will do just that when Pappy scums are voted out one day...

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
50 over years of brainwashing the shitizens made Sinkies weak and docile
Eat , shit and fuck also need gahmen's permission :FU:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don’t have marikita flag. But I do have have this.
FCE071DF-ED5F-4B33-B3C0-C44DD4445A0B.jpeg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG is a constitutional mudland country with a chinese majority. fuck the flag. strange nation.

Sinkieland's Constitution is not worth the paper it is printed on (or the website it is hosted on). You should go read it for yourself. :wink:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coronavirus: Rules changed to allow people to display Singapore flag from now until Sept 30
The period in which the flag may be displayed has been brought forward so that Singaporeans can demonstrate unity.

SINGAPORE - The rules for displaying the national flag have been amended so that people can fly the crescent and five stars from now until September, the Government said on Saturday (April 25).

The Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) said that the move is in response to public requests to display the flag during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak as a rallying symbol.

MCCY Minister Grace Fu said the flag is "a call for us to work together and stand resilient in the face of a crisis like this".
Unity and resilient is to show you are honest, transparent, accountable and responsible. Lacking of any of those disqualified you from being part of the team Singapore. PAP, you are fucked and it is not about displaying flag publicly and now is not the time for your staged wayang again.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The big question is : why do citizens need the government's permission to fly the national flag? This is very wrong! Anyone should be able to fly the flag whenever they want to, we are a democracy! The national flag is a symbol of our country, it belongs to all Singaporeans, the government does not own it.

#fuckthepap:FU:
Never see Govt' seeking citizens' permission when they paid themselves obscenely.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unity and resilient is to show you are honest, transparent, accountable and responsible. Lacking of any of those disqualified you from being part of the team Singapore. PAP, you are fucked and it is not about displaying flag publicly and now is not the time for your staged wayang again.

Displaying the flag during National Day period was a barometer of the ground support for the incumbent PAP regime. In a country that has a 'one party bao gar liao' system, the lines between party and country have long been blurred. The PAP exploits this too, by getting its RC dogs to put up NDP decorations and flags at busy road junctions and strategic locations every year.

What the PAP regime is doing now is conflating 'combating the pandemic' with patriotism, and thus flying the flag is a show of support: cheering on the country/govt and self-consolation during quarantine (like yesterday's 8pm noise fest).

I half-expected the election to happen in 2019 to coincide with the 'Bicentennial' nonsense. The PAP govt pushed it forward to 2020, the pandemic happened, so it's now for their Plan B. :wink:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was one year where those RC dogs came and hang a flag outside every unit before National Day. One fine day when I came back, I noticed that the flag outside my unit was gone. Apparently, some mother fucker stole it! So my unit was the only unit in the whole block without the flat on National Day. :cool:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
all these fucking sing song, put flags nonsense propaganda only porlumpars can think up....
there are many who lost their rice bowls with these cheebye lockdown, common sense tell you that many already infected but dont even know it
so many bao tao kias are born because of this virus....