• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Problems that the million-dollar ministers are not solving

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so too.
As long as the job market is not stable and the costs of living is not being controlled properly. We will have a problem down the road.
Giving piece meal bandage solution is like kicking the can further down the road.
Young Sinkies with a hope for the future should emigrate.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Instil greater road discipline with clearer rules and less tolerance of accidents​

MAY 30, 2024

Most residents in Singapore will agree that, compared with many other countries, our traffic system dangerously lacks discipline.
I think this is due to our misplaced tolerance and acceptance of minor accidents, a lack of rigour in traffic management, and a lack of enforcement.
Currently, traffic accidents that do not involve injury, hit-and-run and certain other criteria do not involve the Traffic Police.
Yet, these minor accidents often have similar root causes as major ones and often differ only in the particular circumstances. A habitually careless driver will go unnoticed by the law until he causes a major accident.
It is also common knowledge that drivers who cause minor accidents can escape or delay civil penalties by simply not reporting an accident, as reporting is not a statutory requirement.
Perhaps it is time to revert to the previous system where the Traffic Police were involved in all traffic accidents, minor or major.
Careless driving needs to be penalised, even for minor accidents, precisely so that it does not result in a death or injury under different circumstances.

Greater rigour is also needed in the traffic management system. Ambiguous signs such as “Slow” and “Reduce speed now” should be replaced with those with specific speed limits, which should be enforced as absolute limits. A speed limit sign must be accompanied by another indicating its end. “Stop” should be distinguished from “Give way”. Motorcyclists should not be allowed to straddle two lanes. Stop lines should not be crossed at traffic junctions.
More enforcement is also needed. Most residents who travel abroad will agree with me that they are more likely to get a traffic fine in many other countries than in Singapore.
Instilling greater discipline entails making the rules clearer, expecting compliance, and not tolerating any accident. Reverting to the previous policy of making all traffic accidents reportable to the Traffic Police will be a good start.

Ang Peng Seng

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Letter of the week: Have residents’ handbook outlining clear guidelines on HDB living​

ailetter180724.jpg

Residents from different backgrounds and with different habits can clash, especially when some view the common corridor as their own space. PHOTOS: ST FILE, GAVIN FOO

JUL 19, 2024, 05:01 AM

Living in close quarters like in HDB flats can be challenging. While all residents have the right to enjoy their home, certain behaviours can infringe on others’ right to a peaceful, safe living environment. A recent example involved a resident who placed a sauna, which was later removed, potted plants and other bulky items in the public corridor (Fire safety violations found along Serangoon HDB corridor with ‘sauna’ cabin; SCDF to take action, July 16). This case exemplifies the self-entitled behaviour that disrupts HDB living.
Residents from different backgrounds and with different habits can clash, especially when some view the common corridor as their own space.
Other examples include noise pollution from loud music or noisy pets, inconsiderate bird feeding, overgrowing of plants, and chain-smoking or non-stop burning of incense that affects neighbouring units. Issues like high-rise littering, dripping laundry and public urination are also common.
The lack of clear guidelines from the Housing Board exacerbates these problems. Currently, there are no limitations on the duration or frequency of activities like smoking, incense burning, or even mahjong playing. Victims of inconsiderate neighbours often face lengthy and expensive battles with various government agencies, only to find themselves back at square one.
As HDB spaces become smaller, conflicts are bound to increase. To address this, the HDB needs to take a proactive approach. A crucial first step is a residents’ handbook outlining clear guidelines for expected behaviour and respect for neighbours’ rights. Additionally, implementing reasonable limits and timeframes for activities that cause inconvenience would promote better co-existence.
Furthermore, enforcement is essential. The HDB should consider hefty fines for repeat offenders, with flat repossession as the ultimate consequence for persistent disregard. Installing sensors to detect excessive noise or smoke can provide a more objective and efficient way to monitor compliance.
An alternative solution is redesigning HDB flats to include private or designated areas for shoe racks or other bulky items. This would free up the common corridors, giving better access to residents, especially the elderly.

Ultimately, fostering a harmonious living environment requires clear expectations and mutual respect. By educating residents on their rights and responsibilities, implementing clear guidelines, and establishing enforcement mechanisms, the HDB can create a peaceful, clutter-free environment where everyone thrives. This will benefit residents and also free up valuable resources currently spent on resolving neighbour disputes.

Chong Ling Eng

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Don’t let uncooperative HDB flat owners inconvenience neighbours​

JUL 23, 2024

HDB needs to be vested with more power to deal with uncooperative and recalcitrant owners who inconvenience others (Have residents’ handbook outlining clear guidelines on HDB living, July 19).
I am a new owner of a resale flat. After I took over the flat, I discovered the ceiling of the master bedroom toilet was leaking and reported it promptly to HDB in March. Nothing was done until the fourth report was made in April.
There was evidence of worn-out waterproofing from the HDB unit above. The owner of the unit delayed the waterproofing tests for weeks when HDB tried to engage him. A repair date was scheduled for July, but the owner cancelled on the date, citing financial difficulties. He asked to reschedule the repair to September.
I offered to pay more than my 50 per cent co-share of the cost, and pay 75 per cent to expedite the work so that I could move into my unit on time. HDB then informed me the flat owner had arranged privately with the HDB contractor for additional renovation work, and wanted to delay the repair till September.
This turn of events is bewildering. HDB seems to be accommodating an uncooperative owner, allowing him to delay critical repair work for six months, indirectly penalising and inconveniencing a cooperative owner who has been working patiently with HDB to resolve the issue.
I believe my experience is not isolated. Recalcitrant flat owners seem to be treated leniently, as reported in the media, over issues like noise nuisance and excessive cluttering, sometimes for years. This soft attitude reinforces the idea that it pays to be wayward, and culprits can act with little repercussion.

Chen JiaQing

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Throwing a few thousand bucks here, a few thousand bucks there over the years did not help.

So long as the overall environment in the country is not exactly certain (things like arbitrary price increases/taxes/uni fees etc
PLUS the fact the parents may not be gainfully employed within a decade, how to have more babies? Only the brave, the
naive or the very rich will have them.
When one is uncertain about one's future, it is irresponsible to have children.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Greatly traumatised': Woman allegedly attacked by 5 after asking PMA rider to slow down​

'Greatly traumatised': Woman allegedly attacked by 5 after asking PMA rider to slow down

The woman (second from left) said she was surrounded and repeatedly pushed to the ground by a group of PMA riders.
PHOTO: Oh
Lim Kewei
PUBLISHED ONJuly 29, 2024 2:12 PM
ByLim Kewei

After telling a personal mobility aid (PMA) rider to slow down, a woman found herself surrounded and allegedly attacked by the rider and four other people.
The woman, who wanted to be known only by her surname Oh, told AsiaOne on Monday (July 29) that she is now traumatised by the incident, which left her with a bruised lip and bleeding wounds.
The altercation occurred at around 4pm last Saturday (July 27) outside a condominium in Sembawang.
Oh, 46, was about to exit the condo to walk her dog when she spotted a PMA rider speeding past her and shouted at him to slow down.
Several other PMAs riders then rode past her and caught up to the first rider, who took off his slipper and walked towards her. A second rider also alighted and stood in front of her, said this accountant.
"They said something like I should be looking out for them, and not them looking out for me," she recounted to AsiaOne.
Subsequently, the first rider allegedly hit Oh's face with his slipper while the second rider pushed her, causing her phone and spectacles to fall. The woman was then pushed to the ground.
Despite attempting to get up and retrieve her phone, she was allegedly pushed back to the ground by a third rider and surrounded by five people.
"Though my external injuries were not serious, I was greatly traumatised by having five big-sized humans towering over me," said the woman.
290724_pma%20riders.jpg

The woman said the PMA riders did not apologise or help her up before leaving.
PHOTO: Oh
After the PMA riders left, workers from a nearby construction site checked on Oh and helped retrieve her spectacles, which she told AsiaOne is "totally damaged" and cannot be worn.
She also called the police, who took her statement. Paramedics helped treat the cuts and scrapes on her arms, elbow and knee.
Oh added that she is still experiencing some aches and pains and is worried about her safety as the group of riders supposedly live nearby, explaining that pet owners in her area had previously warned others in their shared group chat to be careful of them.
In response to AsiaOne's queries, the police said they were alerted to a call for assistance at 3 Sembawang Crescent at about 4.10pm that day. A 46-year-old woman sustained minor injuries but refused to be taken to hospital.
Four persons, aged between 36 and 41, are assisting with investigations for voluntarily causing hurt and intentional harassment. Police investigations are ongoing.

Concerns over PMA riders speeding​

In a parliament sitting this March, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Transport Baey Yam Keng announced that the speed limit for PMAs will be reduced to 6kmh from the current 10kmh, following recommendations proposed by the Active Mobility Advisory Panel (AMAP) last December.
These changes were put forward amid rising concerns regarding the misuse of PMAs by able-bodied individuals, resulting in complaints from the public about dangerous riding, speeding, and over-sized PMAs.
"There are trade-offs involved and we expect pushback from some PMA users," said Transport Minister Chee Hong Tat then.
"But we must be clear that between ensuring safety for residents and providing convenience for PMA users, safety must come first."

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only are the MIW not solving problems, they are the cause of these problems by inviting filthy rich foreigners into S'pore to hide their wealth in our tax haven. These people are then fast tracked to become citizens thereby allowing them to purchase freehold land, driving up the prices of private homes and rents on our land scarce island. COE prices also skyrocket together with business costs which are passed onto the people.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Take urgent steps before there are too many home intrusions by wildlife​

May 22, 2024

My family and I woke up a few days ago to the horrifying sight of all our koi and goldfish killed by otters. It wasn’t the first such incident in our estate as our friend who lives by the river has suffered attacks on fish three times before.
As otters are extremely protective of their young, should we take action only when a curious toddler is attacked when approaching a baby otter?
That same afternoon, we also spotted a monkey on our wall. We have lived in the east for 33 years and this was our first time seeing one at our house.
For years, monkeys in the Bukit Timah and Clementi areas have been harassing our friends who live there. Bacterial infection, rabies and herpes B virus can be potentially spread through monkey bites.
Another worrying sight is the number of chickens wandering around the island and even on the grounds of hospitals. Having to cull them in the event of an avian flu outbreak will be a nightmare.
I hope the authorities will realise the price of giving people in Singapore the “kampung” feel. We cannot expect wild animals to live in an urban city state without consequences.
Urgent steps need to be taken before there are too many intrusions into homes or diseases that are difficult to contain are spread. With the Covid-19 pandemic fresh in our minds, I hope something will be done swiftly to address these issues.

Loh Chwee Im

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Guard against overcrowding in new housing precincts​

May 23, 2024

Singapore’s urban planning is evolving, using data science for efficient land use and incorporating public consultation.
Recent announcements of new housing precincts, including those at the former Keppel Club site (within the Greater Southern Waterfront), Bayshore and Kampong Bugis, have also generated positive interest. Slated to be car-lite, community-centric and sustainable, with liberal green spaces, they aim to redefine how we live, work and play in the near future.
Planned densities for these sites are ambitious, with preliminary reports suggesting up to 10,000 new dwelling units to be built on 60ha, as in Bayshore.
Based on the 2023 Department of Statistics’ data, Singapore’s households averaged 3.11 residents. If this number holds, the Bayshore site, for instance, could house 31,000 residents, translating to densities of around 51,000 residents per sq km.
While Singapore’s land scarcity necessitates bold optimisation plans, are these projections overly optimistic? These densities significantly exceed those of existing townships, including mature estates with established infrastructure and other ancillary services. For example, Choa Chu Kang, the densest estate here, houses an average of 31,000 residents per sq km. The Marine Parade subzone, more similar in size and housing mix to the proposed precincts, has only 23,000 residents per sq km.
More importantly, how will such high densities impact the quality of life? Will future residents experience congestion and strained resources observed in densely populated places like Manhattan, Tokyo and Hong Kong, even though they are reasonably car-lite with efficient public transportation systems?
To ensure Singapore remains an inclusive and desirable place to live, work and play, thoughtful housing planning is critical.

Infrastructure, geographical limitations and demographics must be fully considered to prevent future overcrowding. The Urban Redevelopment Authority could perhaps provide further insights on this crucial aspect.

Ang Tun Loon

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Difficulties in getting medication for my child​

Jun 13, 2024

I would like to share an unpleasant healthcare experience involving my 3½-year-old child.
We visited a general practitioner (GP) who, after diagnosing my child with thrush, prescribed medication. But the clinic did not have it in stock.
We then discovered that the medication had been out of stock nearly everywhere for almost a year, according to various pharmacies.
Desperate, we went to a private hospital in the vicinity but were denied medication from the hospital pharmacy because the GP was not registered under the same hospital group.
We were instructed to give the GP a physical form to fill out to have the prescription filled at the hospital pharmacy, which we could not do as the clinic had closed for lunch.
We were offered the option of consulting the paediatrician at the hospital after lunch, and then getting the medication.
However, by the time my child woke up from her nap at 3pm, the paediatrician’s clinic said it was not accepting walk-ins any more, although its opening hours were till 4pm. I had to beg the clinic staff to make an exception while we rushed down to the hospital.

Finally, we consulted the paediatrician and obtained the medication. Including the consultation and prescription fee paid to the GP in the morning, it cost us more than $200.
There was a significant waste of time, resources and money, and the episode caused undue stress and discomfort to my child who needed timely medical treatment.
It is unacceptable that a valid clinical prescription is not immediately accepted at a hospital pharmacy merely because the doctor is not part of the same medical group. Such policies are detrimental to patient care and need urgent review.
I am also curious how the supply of medication is managed in Singapore.
Not having easy and timely access to medication in a First World country like Singapore adds an unnecessary burden to parenting and affects the well-being of our children.

Claudia Wong Siying

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forum: Difficulties in getting medication for my child
I would like to share an unpleasant healthcare experience involving my 3½-year-old child. We visited a general practitioner (GP) who, after diagnosing my child with thrush, prescribed medication. But the clinic did not have it in stock. We then discovered that the medication had been out of stock nearly everywhere for almost a year, according to various pharmacies.
I am also curious how the supply of medication is managed in Singapore. Not having easy and timely access to medication in a First World country like Singapore adds an unnecessary burden to parenting and affects the well-being of our children.
Claudia Wong Siying
S'pore is overcrowded with far too many inhabitants chasing after far too few goods and services. How can 6 million residents be packed cheek by jowl in such a tiny island? Not everyone lives in sprawling GCBs like our Ministers and ultra wealthy foreigners fast tracked to SG citizenship.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pigeon control efforts to be stepped up in Ang Mo Kio, Bishan-Toa Payoh and Tanjong Pagar​

Luther-ewpigeon25-920.JPG

The three town council areas were chosen for their high pigeon populations and proximity to each other. ST PHOTO: LUTHER LAU
Elise Wong

Jun 26, 2024

SINGAPORE – Pigeon control efforts in three adjacent constituencies will be ramped up over the next six months, with various government agencies and town councils taking more measures to bring down the numbers of wild pigeons there.
The initiative, carried out in the Ang Mo Kio, Bishan-Toa Payoh and Tanjong Pagar town council areas, will run from June to December 2024.
Under the plan, the National Environment Agency (NEA), Singapore Food Agency (SFA) and National Parks Board (NParks) will work with the three town councils on a variety of measures to reduce the numbers of rock pigeons – one of four species of pest birds in Singapore. These birds are not native to the Republic.
These include stepping up efforts to improve rubbish and food waste management at bin centres and food establishments, and conducting outreach programmes to educate residents about not feeding birds. Pigeons will also be trapped and humanely euthanised under the pilot.
The three town council areas were chosen for their high pigeon populations and proximity to one another. The initiative aims to bring pigeon numbers down to manageable levels across the three constituencies. The authorities declined to comment on what such numbers could look like.
When queried about current pigeon populations across the three areas, NParks said only that there were “numerous clusters exceeding 100 pigeons” in each of the selected regions.
By rolling out pigeon control measures across the three connected town council areas instead of carrying them out in just one area, the “spillover” effect – when pigeons fly from one area to another – can be reduced, said the authorities in a statement.

While there are no studies assessing how far rock pigeons usually fly in a day, studies of pigeon populations in America have shown that a pigeon’s home range typically spans a radius of 2.5km, said Mr Movin Nyanasengeran, vice-president of the Bird Society Singapore. He told The Straits Times that coordinating efforts across the different town council areas could enhance the effectiveness of pigeon control initiatives.
“A more coordinated approach... would likely be more impactful. The pigeons don’t respect town council boundaries – they’ll move across all the nearby areas looking for food,” he said.
Mr Movin added: “If done well, they could reduce the number of pigeons in these areas because pigeons will soon enough realise that there aren’t as many opportunities to feed in these places anymore.”

A spokesman for the Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council also shared that there have been some challenges to keeping the pigeon population in check: “While pigeon population control through trapping and culling exercises was carried out, these methods were not always successful as there are other external factors such as the availability of food sources for the pigeons.”
He also shared that citizens of the municipality have shared feedback regarding the roosting and nesting of pigeons on air-conditioning ledges, which soils the area. The town council had received several complaints over the past year regarding the issue.
But the pilot programme shows promise for better outcomes, the spokesperson said.
“The multi-pronged collaborative approach would be useful for more effective results,” he said, also stating the town council’s hope for not just population control, but also pigeons to relocate themselves from residential areas.
A key prong of the action plan involves the NEA and SFA working with the three town councils as well as other stakeholders, such as the hawkers’ associations, managing agents and operators of food shops, and cleaning contractors, to step up efforts to improve refuse and food waste management at bin centres and food establishments, said the authorities in a joint statement on June 25.
240626-Pigeon-control-ewpigeon25-ONLINE.jpg

“These include ensuring prompt clearance of food waste, trays and dirty crockery at tray return racks and refuse bins. This would help to reduce human-generated food sources which attract pigeons,” the statement said.
A 2021 study done by NParks had found that 70 per cent of food consumed by feral pigeons was from human sources. This is said to be a key driver of pigeon population growth.
The study also found that reducing food available to wild pigeons could lower the numbers of chicks.
Using the circuit breaker as a natural experiment, as dining out was prohibited during the period to stop the spread of Covid-19, the NParks researchers found that during that period, feral pigeons spent more time foraging than resting – this led to a decline in their overall reproductive capacity.
Rock pigeons have a lifespan of four or five years, and can multiply up to six times a year.
YLX5132.jpg

Rock pigeons have a lifespan of four or five years, and can multiply up to six times a year. ST PHOTO: YONG LI XUAN
More On This Topic
‘They fly in the minute I sit down’: Acres, residents want more policing against bird feeding
‘Sad and inhumane’: Yishun resident finds nearly 30 pigeons, mostly dead, lying near HDB blocks
A separate population survey by NParks also identified pigeon hot spots, showing higher pigeon density in areas with dense infrastructure, such as Housing Board estates.
With access to food sources being a major factor influencing pigeon populations, the authorities said they will increase efforts to limit the birds’ access to these sources.
This will be done concurrently with existing measures being undertaken to control pigeon populations, such as the use of netting and bird spikes to prevent pigeons from roosting in areas like in hawker centres.
Enforcement action will continue to be taken against people who litter or feed birds, they added. Under the Wildlife Act, those found guilty of feeding wild birds may face fines of up to $10,000.
Luther-ewpigeon25-937.jpg

A separate population survey by NParks also identified pigeon hot spots, showing higher pigeon density in areas with dense infrastructure, such as Housing Board estates. ST PHOTO: LUTHER LAU
Under the action plan, NParks will also conduct community outreach programmes and school initiatives to educate the public on proper food disposal practices and discourage feeding pigeons, crucial steps in managing their population growth.
In a Facebook post on June 25, Senior Minister of State for National Development Tan Kiat How also underscored the need for residents to remain involved and aware, to better curb the population growth of feral pigeons.
“Residents play an important role. For example, (individuals) can help by not feeding pigeons and disposing of food waste properly,” he said.
Culling of pigeons will also be necessary, the authorities said.

“The removal of pigeons is required to complement food source reduction measures to bring the number of pigeons down and prevent exponential growth, especially in the near term,” said NParks, NEA, SFA and the town councils in the joint statement.
“Direct population control” measures will continue to be carried out in a “humane” manner, such as through euthanasia by carbon dioxide. Contractors will receive guidelines and opportunities to attend wildlife management training courses offered by NParks, although participation is not mandatory.
Ms Anbarasi Boopal, co-chief executive of wildlife rescue group Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (Acres), said: “Studies on methods employed have also proven that culling alone will not be effective, and will actually worsen the problem if the root cause (of human-provided food) is not addressed.”
Ms Boopal added that Acres advocates against inhumane methods of population control such as poisoning with alpha-chloralose, which impairs the birds’ ability to regulate their body temperature and overall function.
The results of the pilot will be assessed in early 2025. If found to be effective, it will be considered for islandwide implementation.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Make sure vehicles entering S’pore have valid insurance coverage​

Jul 04, 2024

I refer to the article “Smoke emissions limit for foreign diesel vehicles entering Singapore to be tightened from April 2026” (July 1).
The move to reduce the emissions of foreign vehicles entering Singapore is a good one. But we should also look at the insurance coverage of those vehicles.
Making claims against a Malaysian vehicle is already extremely difficult even if it enters the country with valid insurance. Singaporean drivers are often forced to eventually make claims on their own policies, even if the other party is at fault and there is video evidence.
Such claims will ultimately result in local car owners having to pay significantly higher insurance premiums, which does not seem fair.
As both countries move towards digital registration of entry requirements, it should not be too hard to have more data available to Customs officers to allow only vehicles that have valid insurance policies to enter Singapore.
And if there are any outstanding claims against a visitor over an accident here, perhaps they could be asked to settle the claims before being allowed to leave Singapore.
It is also high time insurance companies on both sides of the Causeway have a common database, especially since some companies have representation in both countries.

Peter Loon Seng Chee

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Son, 10, was offered an e-cigarette while playing soccer​

Jul 04, 2024

I refer to the article “Australia becomes first country to ban the sale of vapes, except at pharmacies” (July 2).
In Singapore, vaping and the sale and possession of vapes are illegal but it is not uncommon to see people vaping at bus stops, outside MRT stations, at void decks and on the streets.
Once, I even saw a man vaping stealthily while watching his son’s soccer training at a school.
My son, who is 10, played soccer regularly in a park near our home and he was once offered an e-cigarette by the older players. Luckily, he refused and told me about it.
The older children continued to vape and to offer vapes to the other children. So I told my son to play elsewhere. But the alternative – an ActiveSG soccer pitch –requires booking at a hefty cost.
My son just wants to play because he loves soccer and to relieve stress after a hectic day in school. Because there is no alternative for him to play casually, he sometimes goes back to the park. Thankfully, the older boys have not offered him any more vapes.
Vaping is a serious scourge and is affecting our lives in many ways. How can Singapore take a stronger approach and enforce its anti-vaping laws, especially when vaping is legal in nearby Malaysia and vapes are easily available?

How can we do more to limit the reach of e-cigarettes, catch offenders and help our younger generation choose not to vape, not to be addicted, not to risk chronic diseases and to say no to peer pressure?

Ng Poh Leng

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Pappies are only interested in $$$ so if CECA helps the economy at the expense of the local masses, our overrated, overhyped and overpaid politicians won't give a damn how much S'poreans are suffering.
Parliament.jpg

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Solve the farking CECA problem first then talk.
Four men in the Indian state of Maharashtra have been arrested for allegedly raping a Bengal monitor lizard within a tiger sanctuary. The incident came to light when forestry officials found a recording on his mobile phone of one of the accused supposedly raping the lizard, during investigations. I wonder how many dark skinned rapists and perverts have entered SG using a fake degree and identity?
https://mothership.sg/2022/04/india-men-rape-lizard/