• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Problems in self-service immigration lines at airport

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
Service industry? They are in the security industry! Try the US immigration officers and you know what I mean.

haha... ya boy those US immigration officers damm fierce!!! i tried askin some question haven even open my mouth he shouted back Wat u wan?? when i ask him, he replied this is not some information counter...!!!

In sillypore they gotta balance service n security!!! which doesnt goes hand in hand!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tried askin some question haven even open my mouth he shouted back Wat u wan?? when i ask him, he replied this is not some information counter...!!!

Those beagles they use to sniff out contraband foodstuffs at SF are cute :smile:

As for the humans they are busy keeping an eye out for Osama & his friends :rolleyes:

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
My bro n sis in law who came back last week from hong kong, durin custom check, one fellow actually cut q n place his bag when its my bro turn! when the ICA officer told him ( tat q cutter) to wait, he actually scold the officer tat the officer is being unflexible and he need to use his strengh to carry his bag which is very heavy to the x ray machine !! at this moment another officer appear and stop tat fellow help my bro with his baggage on the x ray n than help tat fellow!!!

my bro say where the hell in the world u can find custom officer kena fuck by public yet lan lan gotta help them!!! keke... we go jb or batam q so long oso quiet quiet q... come back sillypore only makes hell of a noise!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My bro n sis in law who came back last week from hong kong, durin custom check, one fellow actually cut q n place his bag when its my bro turn! when the ICA officer told him ( tat q cutter) to wait, he actually scold the officer tat the officer is being unflexible and he need to use his strengh to carry his bag which is very heavy to the x ray machine !! at this moment another officer appear and stop tat fellow help my bro with his baggage on the x ray n than help tat fellow!!!

my bro say where the hell in the world u can find custom officer kena fuck by public yet lan lan gotta help them!!! keke... we go jb or batam q so long oso quiet quiet q... come back sillypore only makes hell of a noise!!

Is Q cutter a keling , ang moh or local???

jw5

Loyal
Yes, "press harder, press harder" I mean wtf, press down so many times and still nothing.:mad:

Like what another forumer said above, "lubricant" is probably required for dry thumbprints, but not the one he had in mind hor, plain alcohol should do:biggrin::smile:
It's absurd that such a high tech machine's ability to function is based on the mositure of the thumb.
It's even more absurd about the service standard of the airport staff.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lubricant ??

KY, yes, use KY please......

FUCK NO !! not LKY !!! KY Jelly from Johnson & Johnson !!

Yes, "press harder, press harder" I mean wtf, press down so many times and still nothing.:mad:

Like what another forumer said above, "lubricant" is probably required for dry thumbprints, but not the one he had in mind hor, plain alcohol should do:biggrin::smile:

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u find urself stuck, try rubbing your thumb against your forehead. Always works for me.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
This also happened to me when I recently returned from Japan. This machine just cannot read dry thumb prints, a bloody waste of public funds

somehow you are right, i did an experiment recently and found that moist fingers are better in scanning than dry ones.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They probably know the system has problems but its probably manufactured by some GLC without any Service Level Agreement covering these foul ups.
You are probably right. Very unusual for a system with that kind of results still being operated.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are probably right. Very unusual for a system with that kind of results still being operated.

No different from the taxi by satellite booking back in the ninetes. The bugs were not worked out for about four months after the launch.

Only in Singapore can a product or system be sold without being fully tested.

Another example of a first world division one class government.:mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you use the expressways you'll notice another white elephant, EMAS. It is an expensive system just to inform motorists there is tree cutting, slow traffic, etc.

Still find those TVs in some buses. How about those big electronic signs with bus arrival times found at some bus stops.

Even the ERP system has problems

Many poorly thought out systems are being implemented so that local GLCs can report profits :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you use the expressways you'll notice another white elephant, EMAS. It is an expensive system just to inform motorists there is tree cutting, slow traffic, etc. ...
tis 1 did nt notice yet ...

but dose dat tel u ze expected time 2 travel 2 tuas, marine parade etc r totally useless n waste of moni ...

... Still find those TVs in some buses. How about those big electronic signs with bus arrival times found at some bus stops. ...
tvs in buses r redundant ...

but me find ze info on expected arrival times of buses useful ...

... Many poorly thought out systems are being implemented so that local GLCs can report profits :rolleyes:
u scratch my back ... me scratch ur back ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but me find ze info on expected arrival times of buses useful ...

Useful if the info is correct but I the system only gives approximate arrival time :biggrin:

System probably cost millions$$$ & in a few months it will be forgotten & some other system implemented :rolleyes:

I really don't care about bus arrival times IF the buses were frequent BUT I notice they try to micro manage the frequency to ensure sardine cans are packed.