• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Presstitute urge FT to get license from Ms Vivian to sell tittu paper. Huat arh!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Upset over foreign tissue paper sellers

Able-bodied foreigners are flying in to sell tissue paper in public areas, upsetting elderly or disabled Singaporeans who are earning a living this way.

Women in their 50s and 60s from China, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar have been seen selling packets of tissue paper at hawker centres, coffee shops and other places. They come as tourists, stay as long as their visas allow, and sell three packets of tissue for $1 - the same as the local sellers.

Hawkers and local tissue paper sellers said they first noticed the foreigners about a year ago.

Mr Ahmad Rafi, 65, who lost both legs to diabetes and uses a wheelchair, has been selling tissue paper at the Geylang Serai and Haig Road food centres. He said he sees at least four or five Vietnamese selling tissue paper daily at both places and his sales are badly affected.

Tissue paper seller Goh Say Lian, 65, who is blind in one eye and is a dialysis patient, said he sees a few Chinese nationals selling tissue paper in the Jurong East and Clementi areas. "They are able-bodied and can walk, yet they come here to sell tissue paper and snatch business from us," he said.

It is illegal to sell tissue paper, food and other products on the streets without a licence from the National Environment Agency (NEA).

According to its website, 11 of the 362 licensed street hawkers say they sell tissue paper. The licence allows them to sell only at fixed locations.

In the first six months of the year, the NEA rounded up 145 illegal hawkers selling tissue paper, mobile phone accessories, clothes and other goods. About half were foreigners, an NEA spokesman told The Sunday Times.

First-time offenders are fined $300, while repeat offenders may be hauled to court. The NEA said Singaporeans caught hawking illegally and found to be in genuine hardship are referred to social service agencies for help.

Earnings can be substantial and it is little wonder the Singaporean tissue paper sellers want to guard their turf.

The Sunday Times found women from China, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam selling tissue paper at food centres and coffee shops in Geylang Serai, other parts of Geylang and Chinatown.

A 65-year-old Thai woman said she needed to settle her debts back home and found she can earn about $50 in a few hours.

Singaporeans interviewed said they can earn $20 to $100 in a few hours. People with disabilities can earn more. A one-legged man, in his 60s and almost blind, who stations himself outside the Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple in Waterloo Street, said he can collect more than $100 a day, and "a few hundred dollars" on the first and 15th days of the Chinese month, when more devotees turn up.

Many give him money without taking any tissue paper. He said he sells the item because he cannot work and does not want to burden his children with his medical expenses.

Retired organisational psychologist Michael Loh said he finds it annoying when Chinese nationals approach him at food courts and coffee outlets at malls near the Jurong East MRT station.

"They are aggressive and wave the tissue paper in your face. This is a disguised form of begging and I feel they are taking advantage of Singaporeans' generosity," he said.
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/upset-over-foreign-tissue-paper-sellers#sthash.aOEg3Fqg.dpuf

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 70% just voted and affirms that PAP is doing the "right" thing.

By the way, the old lady cardboard collector in Chinatown that gets bullied by PRC must now move to another area to "exercise".
Afterall, she should let this newly arrived citizens settled in to "exercise" as well.

70% is thinking "Heng arhh, We are not born in any other country, but Singapore."

n4oku4Y.jpg

Confirm plus chop, this old lady will not vote for PAP.

[video=youtube;TEPKD6Uw56I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEPKD6Uw56I[/video]

[0:04]
最利害就是中国人,其他人不会这么跟我们抢。
Translated: The worst kind are the PRCs. Other people would not snatch from us.

[0:17]
哇,现在中国人呵,横行霸道。地盘啊你知道吗,那边,地盘啊。他跟你讲那边地盘啊。
我们新加坡是靠他。你知道吗? 你们新加坡人靠我的国家。靠你的啊,你爽吗?你不爽吗。
地盘耶,你看那边商联会,请来中国人。 那边印度庙,摆多么多。垃圾桶摆那么多。
这个是我的地盘 你不可以来捡。垃圾桶都不可以。什么意思.
政府给他们来这边抢我们的饭碗.
Lady interjected: 他们是一个集团吗?
不是集团.他们来这边劳工.我带你去看,要不要.我带你们去看.

Translated: Whoa, now PRCs are big bullies. Turf, you know. There, they tell you that there is their turf.
Singapore has to depend on them, you know? You Singaporeans have to rely on our (PRC) country. Depend on them, you happy? Of course, you are not happy.
Turf, you see there the Chinatown Business Association brings in PRC. The Indian temple have lots of cardboard, dustbins full of it.
This is my turf, you cannot come here to pick, even those in the dustbin is forbidden. What is the meaning of this.
Government allow them to come here and snatch our rice bowl.
[Lady interjected:] Are they from a syndicate?
Not a syndicate. There are here to work. Do you want me bring you to see. I'll bring you to see.

[1:33]
我们就是很恨这些。抢我们穷人的东西,饭碗还不算还欺负我们。
欸,你们政府养你吗。整天讲你们的政府养你吗。你们的政府养你啦,可是我们的政府没有养我垒。我要靠自己生 活垒。

Translated: These are the kind that we hate most. Rob from us poor people, snatch our rice bowl and still want to bully us.
A, your government feeds you. Whole day tells us that your governmednt feeds you. Your government feed you lah, but my government don't me leh. I have to depend on myself for my livelihood leh.

[2:41]
他们的。那些中国人的。我们不可以进去。不可以拿他的。他现在留很多,早上几桶在这边。这里是他的地盘,这 些就是他的地盘。哦,我在这边捡,他讲这里是我的地盘,你不可以来捡。
[Male interjected:] 有这样的啊!
当然有这样啦。我们给他欺负到好像多久了。还有这边,那个卖佛的,帮他靶水啊。纸皮收收收拿一大堆,给他垒 。

Translated: It's theirs. Those PRCs. We cannot go in. Cannot take theirs. Now he keeps alot, morning a few bins are there. Here is his turf, these are his turf. I was picking here, he says this is my turf, you cannot come here to pick.

[7:54]
就是这样,我看到很心痛啊。我们新加坡人为什么给外地人欺负。没有人帮我们垒。见议员,写信给移民厅,叫议 员写信,移民厅还是一样这样做。而且更利害,他更有永久居民,他来旅游的证件拿来的垒,旅游证件变成永久居 民, 哇,拼命来这边捡。那些东西本
来是我们穷人捡的耶。他来了全部归他的了。全部归他。我们身为新加坡人很丢脸啊。

Translated: This is why, my heart aches when I see this. Why are we Singaporeans being bully by foreigners. Nobody can help us. I had seen MP, write letter to ICA, ask MP to write, ICA still continue to do as status quo. It gets worst, now he has got PR. He comes with a tourist document with tourist document. Travel document now becomes PR. Whao, now he desperately comes here to pick. Originally those are things picked by the poor. After his arrival, everything belongs him. Everything belongs to him. This is very shameful as a Singaporean.

[8:51]
我不怕政府人讲。你们对我们这样。我们也是没瓣法。 我现在只能讲。
Translated: I am not scared of government officials. This is how they treat us, we have no choice. For now, I can only talk.

冰冻三尺 非一日之寒
Three feet of frozen snow cannot be caused by a day's cold weather.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way to stop this is for Singaporeans to stop giving to these foreigners and for the govt to really take care of the Singaporean needy so that they don't have to sell the tissue paper. As long as there is demand, will only encourage more supply from foreigners.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The only way to stop this problem is to protest and throw out the PAP govt... They cheated in the election so must throw them out.. Wake up sinkies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way to stop this problem is to protest and throw out the PAP govt... They cheated in the election so must throw them out.. Wake up sinkies.

Protest? 70% don't even want to vote against PAP lousy policies when given a chance.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way to stop this is for Singaporeans to stop giving to these foreigners and for the govt to really take care of the Singaporean needy so that they don't have to sell the tissue paper. As long as there is demand, will only encourage more supply from foreigners.

Seriously I think people should stop giving to beggars with amputated limbs, especially children. This will only create more demand for evil people to kidnap and amputate children's limbs to become beggars.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Support local needy ones if they want to sell tissue to you. Speak to them in local dialects and if they can engage with you in dialect conversation, buy from them. If they look at you blankly or just smile, tell them to f..off.

Foreigners selling tissue papers often speak only in Mandarin, no dialects. Vietcongs, tiongs or mudlands cannot speak local dialects. Easy to tell them apart from locals.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Throw out pappies? Are you joking? Clean up your own backyard first. Throw out you know who. Where in the world got super generous donor donating billions to support elections in Malaysia?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Support local needy ones if they want to sell tissue to you. Speak to them in local dialects and if they can engage with you in dialect conversation, buy from them. If they look at you blankly or just smile, tell them to f..off.

Foreigners selling tissue papers often speak only in Mandarin, no dialects. Vietcongs, tiongs or mudlands cannot speak local dialects. Easy to tell them apart from locals.

Although it doesn't sound kind, but I think it is the right thing to not even donate to local tissue paper sellers and beggars, especially in the light of the latest elections results.

The govt should take up real responsibility to take care of poor and needy in society, and not pseudo responsibility by taking care of poor when they can work only in the form of Workfare WIS or whatever scheme, and dump them to kindness of society when they are no longer able to work.

By allowing govt to do so actually allow them to get votes from grateful WIS recipients, while subsidising the rich to pay low wages. Making both rich and working poor happy and a generous govt name to both side. Whereas the too old, frail and poor who can't work have to sell tissue paper or collect cardboard.

In conclusion, I will encourage all to stop donating to charity to make the govt take up real responsibility to the local poor and needy, especially when they have no qualms spending lots of money on frivolous spending like YOG. No need to celebrate SG100 if still see handicapped people selling tissue paper.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Especially hokkien. Hardly anyone in China speaks that, except for people from Xiamen

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although it doesn't sound kind, but I think it is the right thing to not even donate to local tissue paper sellers and beggars, especially in the light of the latest elections results.

The govt should take up real responsibility to take care of poor and needy in society, and not pseudo responsibility by taking care of poor when they can work only in the form of Workfare WIS or whatever scheme, and dump them to kindness of society when they are no longer able to work.

By allowing govt to do so actually allow them to get votes from grateful WIS recipients, while subsidising the rich to pay low wages. Making both rich and working poor happy and a generous govt name to both side. Whereas the too old, frail and poor who can't work have to sell tissue paper or collect cardboard.

In conclusion, I will encourage all to stop donating to charity to make the govt take up real responsibility to the local poor and needy, especially when they have no qualms spending lots of money on frivolous spending like YOG. No need to celebrate SG100 if still see handicapped people selling tissue paper.

If you still want to donate, I encourage all to donate your time and money to opposition parties instead. So that they will have the means to continue opposing and meeting residents in the next 5 years, and will not be accused of being unknown or appear once every 5 years only come the next election.

Last edited: