• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Preggy Kena Fired Cos She's Fertile! How?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Provide better protection for pregnant women in workforce
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM five months pregnant with my first child and my services with a large American multinational company will be terminated by the month-end.
I have appealed repeatedly to the company to reconsider my maternity benefits payout but in vain. The company has refused outright my appeal in alignment with the Employment Act, which states:
'Maternity leave benefits will be payable even if the pregnant employee is retrenched within the last three months of pregnancy.'
In my current situation, I will probably be at a disadvantage in my job search. As I am not entitled to a maternity benefits payout on retrenchment, the financial burden to my family will increase with medical consultancy and delivery fees ahead.
Another clause in the Employment Act states: 'Maternity leave benefits will be payable even if the pregnant employee is dismissed without sufficient cause within the last six months of pregnancy, which includes termination of employment with or without notice.'
According to the company's unofficial definition, 'termination without sufficient cause' and 'retrenchment' can be used interchangeably. This causes more confusion over eligibility for the maternity benefits payout on terminating the services of a pregnant employee.
I believe I am not the only pregnant woman caught in such a situation and I hope the Ministry of Manpower will review the Employment Act to provide better protection to pregnant women, in alignment with the Government's encouragement of couples to procreate.
Chin Hwee Chin (Ms)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
front-clntuc24m.jpg
2jdrfp2.jpg
212tuog.jpg

U Toking to Us? We Donch Know! *tata*

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Provide better protection for pregnant women in workforce
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM five months pregnant with my first child and my services with a large American multinational company will be terminated by the month-end.
I have appealed repeatedly to the company to reconsider my maternity benefits payout but in vain. The company has refused outright my appeal in alignment with the Employment Act, which states:
'Maternity leave benefits will be payable even if the pregnant employee is retrenched within the last three months of pregnancy.'
In my current situation, I will probably be at a disadvantage in my job search. As I am not entitled to a maternity benefits payout on retrenchment, the financial burden to my family will increase with medical consultancy and delivery fees ahead.
Another clause in the Employment Act states: 'Maternity leave benefits will be payable even if the pregnant employee is dismissed without sufficient cause within the last six months of pregnancy, which includes termination of employment with or without notice.'
According to the company's unofficial definition, 'termination without sufficient cause' and 'retrenchment' can be used interchangeably. This causes more confusion over eligibility for the maternity benefits payout on terminating the services of a pregnant employee.
I believe I am not the only pregnant woman caught in such a situation and I hope the Ministry of Manpower will review the Employment Act to provide better protection to pregnant women, in alignment with the Government's encouragement of couples to procreate.
Chin Hwee Chin (Ms)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

"As a small island-nation with no natural resources, Singapore cannot afford to go the European way. We have to get our people to do their best, do well for themselves, and so help the whole country to progress. So we have gone for low taxes, low welfare, and self-reliance."

sg04_04b.jpg

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Large American company? Hahaha, she deserves it

If she works in Creative, SPH, AStar or Mediacorp, there are generous preggy benefits. Too bad she Pinkerton, now she realises the folly

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is dispensible Obsolete.

It's obvious Singapore do not need more. Except more cheap FTs !

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Classic case of kena fucked and dumped.

Hope this SPG's baby wasn't a mongrel product from some angmo.