• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC visits Injured Prof - Omnious sign of things to come

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans were nutured over 50 years to avoid conflict of interest, keep things at arms length, maintain decorum and probity and avoid any situation that cast aspersions.

Well its coming back to bite them.

The largest group to visit the NTU Prof were PRC students who spoke Mandarin throughout. Staff at the hospital thought that Engineering classes were also offered in Mandarin.

Guess who is going to get recommendation to MIT and the opportunities that come along.

Looks like Singaporeans will either need to adopt the law of the jungle or get eaten alive in their very own jungle.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans were nutured over 50 years to avoid conflict of interest, keep things at arms length, maintain decorum and probity and avoid any situation that cast aspersions.

The largest group to visit the NTU Prof were PRC students who spoke Mandarin throughout. Staff at the hospital thought that Engineering classes were also offered in Mandarin.

Guess who is going to get recommendation to MIT and the opportunities that come along.

Looks like Singaporeans will either need to adopt the law of the jungle or get eaten alive in their very own jungle.
Chan really from China? Don't think that is a valid last name in China.

Let's say it's true, MIT and oppurtunities will not be of immediate concern. All Indonesian students should watch their backs. These PRCs are crazy and I will not be surprised if there are some overzealous ones seeking revenge.

jw5

Loyal

How do you know this? :smile:

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is possible if he moved to Hong Kong first and registered his name in the Cantonese dialect before coming to Singapore.

I wonder if the conflict could be due to the fact that the Indonesians do not know any Chinese.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is possible if he moved to Hong Kong first and registered his name in the Cantonese dialect before coming to Singapore.

I wonder if the conflict could be due to the fact that the Indonesians do not know any Chinese.
Most of those will have problems communicating with people from China.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

i tot he was describing what he saw in the hospital?

not referring to the nationality of that victim? which is so obvious that he's not PRC.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of those will have problems communicating with people from China.

It is not just communication problems. The Chinese from China look down on any Chinese who do not know Chinese. Since he is a scholar together with other scholars from China, he may have faced some bias from the professor. Anyway, I am just speculating. Seems like Singapore doesn't have enough of its own problems, it wants to import foreign problems as well.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's say it's true, MIT and oppurtunities will not be of immediate concern. All Indonesian students should watch their backs. These PRCs are crazy and I will not be surprised if there are some overzealous ones seeking revenge.

Yes very very confirmed that Chan the NTU professor is from China. Confirmed in black & white in the New Paper. As for his name, he may have been a smart ass & gotten himself a deed poll to change his fucking Cheenah PRC name to make himself seemed like a local to gain better favors with his NTU masters to obtain fast promotion probably in the early days of his tenure when not so many PRCs around. Remember that he joined NTU in 1992 those were still early days before the floodgates opened up for Ah Tiongs.

Now that a colony of Ah Tiongs has descended everywhere from your pigeon holed HDB flat to bus driver Ah Tiongs to coffee shop Ah Tiongs, Chan the NTU professor can now come clean & sayang openly all his fellow Ah Tiongs & totally discriminate those NON Ah Tiongs.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that a colony of Ah Tiongs has descended everywhere from your pigeon holed HDB flat to bus driver Ah Tiongs to coffee shop Ah Tiongs, Chan the NTU professor can now come clean & sayang openly all his fellow Ah Tiongs & totally discriminate those NON Ah Tiongs.

Bo Yah Lah. If you change your surname, you dad will be very disappointed!

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not just communication problems. The Chinese from China look down on any Chinese who do not know Chinese. Since he is a scholar together with other scholars from China, he may have faced some bias from the professor. Anyway, I am just speculating. Seems like Singapore doesn't have enough of its own problems, it wants to import foreign problems as well.
I meant if the professor grew up in HK, he will have problems communicating with the students from PRC.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh?

Majority of HK people cannot speak Mandarin.

how long has the professor been in sgp?

if you stayed long enough you'll pick up the language, especially when you have mandarin channel blasting you every day...lol

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
how long has the professor been in sgp?

if you stayed long enough you'll pick up the language, especially when you have mandarin channel blasting you every day...lol
I know of many PRC/HK-born Canadian citizens who cannot communicate in English.

If they do not want to learn, they will never learn.