• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prataman: If you ask why my pay was so high for doing nothing, then you are stupid!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don’t want to defend myself: S R Nathan

ynewslogo-071424_075919.png
<cite class="byline vcard" style="font-style: normal; color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-size: 13px; display: inline-block !important; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle; line-height: 2.2em; ">By Jeanette Tan | Yahoo! Newsroom – <abbr title="2011-12-06T13:34:02+00:00" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; ">4 hours ago</abbr></cite>

SRNathaninterview1_065252.jpg

Former president S R Nathan says that the role of the president is not easy to define. (Yahoo! photo/Jeanette Tan)

Former president of Singapore S R Nathan said Tuesday that he does not want to defend himself against people who question the role of the presidency.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday morning at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Nathan said that the role of Singapore’s president cannot be defined easily or clearly, and it would “take another generation at least” to educate Singaporeans about it.

“A lot of people think the president can do what he likes,” he said. “How to educate them? I don’t think you can.”

He made reference to an accountant from a reputable firm who said that the role of the president in Singapore is “no more than the chairman of a company”.

“The chairman of a company goes to work once a month. He holds a meeting, he finishes his business and he goes on to do something else,” he pointed out. “You know my schedule. It’s not a once-a-month job. And this was said by an accountant, so how can I blame lay people for thinking differently? But that’s beside the point, you do an honest day’s job.”

The former president said it is knowledgeable people, rather than Singaporeans in the heartlands, who are questioning his previous role.

“The people in the heartlands, even though many are not very well educated, they see it as a symbol that is distinct from the government. But knowledgeable people seem to think you can do what you like,” he noted.

“I don’t want to go and defend myself,” he added. “If you think so (that the Presidency is like the role of a chairman in a company), so be it."

Meanwhile, Nathan declined comment on the issue of ministerial pay, saying that it would not be fair for him to speak about it as it is still undergoing a review, the recommendations of which will be made at the end of this year.

Nathan was at NTU to receive an honorary doctorate of letters that was conferred on him by the university on Tuesday morning. The degree was awarded in recognition of his contributions to the university as former founding director and current distinguished senior fellow of the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, as well as to the public service of Singapore over a 55-year career.

NTU’s chancellor and current President of Singapore, Tony Tan, oversaw the ceremony, attended by about 1,200 students, faculty and invited guests from the public and private sector.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Prataman: If you ask why my pay was so high for doing nothing, then you are stupi

Why you post April Fool's joke when it is not April yet?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Prataman: If you ask why my pay was so high for doing nothing, then you are stupi

This is the highest office of Singapore TALKING COCK! This is a fucking president talking for goodness sake.

"the role of Singapore’s president cannot be defined easily or clearly, and it would “take another generation at least” to educate Singaporeans about it."

The role of the elected president is in our constitution. Does it mean that our constitution is blurred? What then is there a need for a constitution that could not be clear? And if it will take another generation to understand does it mean we Sinkies are so fucking stupid? Come on, all of us in Singapore are either employees or employers and we know that every position in the workplace as a clearly defined roles and responsibilities and if this is not clear then the position does not deserve to be there in the first place. What cock is this president or ex-president talking about? Does it mean that the past 8-10 years we have been paying millions for fuck-off! Is this acceptable? Is this accountability? This is just another clear example of our leadership being unaccountable to our people but of course singkies are so tolerant when their backside is being screwed, we got ourselves to blame because we are all cowards.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

In his last hours on the deathbed, I wonder what past achievements this useless parasite could recollect. Dumb Sinkies happy to pay jokers like him to jiak liao bee. :(

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How ironic. Seems that he's talking to the public more right now than when he held office. What a clown.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

In his last hours on the deathbed, I wonder what past achievements this useless parasite could recollect. Dumb Sinkies happy to pay jokers like him to jiak liao bee. :(

How ironic. Seems that he's talking to the public more right now than when he held office. What a clown.

We all can say all these now but why sinkies don't day it before when he in "power"? This is the whole fucking problem with us sinkies, kenna led to the slaughter house still can say thank you. We have ourselves to blame if we complain about this as we allowed this to happen. Fuck I am sounding like Tonychat liao.

Knn better go for my Guinness now, damn hot to hear this keling farker prataman talk cock.

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

that he saved LKY's ass during the jap occupation

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why you post April Fool's joke when it is not April yet?

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. the fat arse takes every sheep here as daft or what.
3. if its masters can outline its requirements and pre-requisites.
4. it is of course not difficult to itemize the responsibilities and roles of the useless presdy.
5. its accountability too!
6. it just adds up, being some useless and obsolete portfolio, it cannot be defined.
7. hahaha!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Since it is not easy to define, more so he should explain it to the people.

Dun you think it is their job to explain it to the public even before the voting?

Former president S R Nathan says that the role of the president is not easy to define. .

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Nathan will tell u that his role as an interpreter during the world war will take countless generations to understand.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He's just a bloody useless lump of fat ghee...:mad:

:oIo: :mad: :oIo:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don’t want to defend myself: S R Nathan

ynewslogo-071424_075919.png
<cite class="byline vcard" style="font-style: normal; color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-size: 13px; display: inline-block !important; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle; line-height: 2.2em; ">By Jeanette Tan | Yahoo! Newsroom – <abbr title="2011-12-06T13:34:02+00:00" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; ">4 hours ago</abbr></cite>

SRNathaninterview1_065252.jpg

Former president S R Nathan says that the role of the president is not easy to define. (Yahoo! photo/Jeanette Tan)

Former president of Singapore S R Nathan said Tuesday that he does not want to defend himself against people who question the role of the presidency.NO NEED FOR HIM TO DO SO, BLUE DOGS WILL BE AT YOUR DOOR AT 2am TO ANSWER YOUR QUERIES

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday morning at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Nathan said that the role of Singapore’s president cannot be defined easily or clearly, and it would “take another generation at least” to educate Singaporeans about it.NO DEFINITION BECAUSE IT WAS UNNECESSARY IN THE FIRST PLACE

“A lot of people think the president can do what he likes,” he said. “How to educate them? I don’t think you can.”NO NEED TO EDUCATE THEM, BECAUSE I TRULY CAN! I GOT AWAY WITH IT DOING NOTHING & COLLECTING MY FAT PAY & GETTING FAT, DIDN'T I? STUPID PEASANTS!!!!!

He made reference to an accountant from a reputable firm who said that the role of the president in Singapore is “no more than the chairman of a company”. STUPID PEASANTS' MENTALITY, CHAIRMAN STILL NEED TO PROVIDE DIRECTIVES & MOTIVATION TO STAFF!

“The chairman of a company goes to work once a month. He holds a meeting, he finishes his business and he goes on to do something else,” he pointed out. “You know my schedule. It’s not a once-a-month job. And this was said by an accountant, so how can I blame lay people for thinking differently? But that’s beside the point, you do an honest day’s job.”AGAIN STUPID PEASANTS' MENTALITY, I AM NOT EVEN THERE ON A ANNUAL BASIS & YOU EXPECT ME TO TURN UP ONCE A MONTH, NOBODY HELPING ME TO COUNT MY FAT PAY!

The former president said it is knowledgeable people, rather than Singaporeans in the heartlands, who are questioning his previous role.STUPID SINKIES CAN ONLY TAHAN THE PAIN WHEN THE LEEGIME FUCK THEIR ARSE, THAT'S WHY NO QUESTION! KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE KNOWS HOW TO USE KY, THEREBY LESS PAIN CAN THINK A BIT!

“The people in the heartlands, even though many are not very well educated, they see it as a symbol that is distinct from the government. But knowledgeable people seem to think you can do what you like,” he noted.
HEARTLAND PEASANTS TILTED UPSIDE DOWN NEVER QUESTION MY MEAGRE FAT PAY!

“I don’t want to go and defend myself,” he added. “If you think so (that the Presidency is like the role of a chairman in a company), so be it."CAN'T BE BOTHER ABOUT YOU, I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF COUNTING MY SALARY!

Meanwhile, Nathan declined comment on the issue of ministerial pay, saying that it would not be fair for him to speak about it as it is still undergoing a review, the recommendations of which will be made at the end of this year.I CAN'T EVEN FINISHED COUNTING MY OWN PAY, YOU EXPECT ME TO BOTHER ABOUT THEIR MEAGRE FAT PAY?

Nathan was at NTU to receive an honorary doctorate of letters that was conferred on him by the university on Tuesday morning. The degree was awarded in recognition of his contributions to the university as former founding director and current distinguished senior fellow of the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, as well as to the public service of Singapore over a 55-year career.SO WHAT IF I HAVE MY CRONIES SUCKING MY BALLS! INCOMPETENT BASTARDS CAN ONLY GIVE ME DOCTORATE, CAN'T EVEN ARRANGE ONE FOR MY WIFE!

NTU’s chancellor and current President of Singapore, Tony Tan, oversaw the ceremony, attended by about 1,200 students, faculty and invited guests from the public and private sector.MY SUCCESSOR, NOT TOO BRIGHT TO JUST CONCENTRATE ON COUNTING HIS MEAGRE FAT PAY BUT STUPID MOTHER FUCKER STILL MY SUCCESSOR!
Paraphrasing the speech in its true form!

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No one understand him? I do not think he can understand what his job is - after signing away country's reserves without referendums.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

To be able to admit his un-knowledge is being great, somehow i think he did it without even knowing it.
Thou he was handsomely paid [by Mr. lky], his way of thinking had since been affected greatly. - May the good lord have alittle mercy on him.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I must be stupid to ask him that kind of question & extremely stupid to contribute through taxes the pay, he is getting and can't figure out, which is stupider??:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

No one understand him? I do not think he can understand what his job is - after signing away country's reserves without referendums.

For him it's like kio-tio-gu-lan so even he himself cannot understand his own fucking job. FUCK MAN I really can't stand this anymore, take our fucking money and fuck us for being stupid to pay him for a fucking job he and us don't fucking understand. Our stupidity knows no bound.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wonder WHO is next to throw a party for him?
Last month dinner was NUS, now NTU.....huhhuh!
I believe it is within its lackeys.