• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Posting of personal particulars in the intnernet forum

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can i ask,

Are there any restrictions for posting of personal particulars eg. NRIC, address, name and photo in the internet forums ?

Is any crime committed ? Can ask the moderators to remove ? What if the moderators refuse to remove ?

Pls advise

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
suggest re dirct to disney.com this is forum is not for you. come back when u receive ur ic

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bookies doing business in sister forum likes to post details of runaway punters.
Funny la I dun see how shaming can work....got balls go set chase after the punters yourself lor.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Can i ask,

Are there any restrictions for posting of personal particulars eg. NRIC, address, name and photo in the internet forums ?

Is any crime committed ? Can ask the moderators to remove ? What if the moderators refuse to remove ?

Pls advise

Images, NRIC, name, address are not considered to be private and confidential. In fact, it is info that you have to disclose on a regular basis in Singapore.

However, if the info is linked to some slanderous accusations, legal action can be taken. If the offense falls under the definition of "criminal defamation", the police will be involved.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you asking on behalf of bob sim aka lee tah bar...?:rolleyes:

Can i ask,

Pls advise

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can i ask,

Pls advise

moderators sure refuse lah. waste their time. if serious get lawyer lor.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can i ask,
Is any crime committed ?

Pls advise

somebody posted your picture ....

... with your husband ?

002355_400_300.jpg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
criminal defamation is not about exposing identity but more of an activity like saying s/h is a drug lord etc.

Images, NRIC, name, address are not considered to be private and confidential. In fact, it is info that you have to disclose on a regular basis in Singapore.

However, if the info is linked to some slanderous accusations, legal action can be taken. If the offense falls under the definition of "criminal defamation", the police will be involved.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can i ask,

Pls advise

Try posting such info in those forums and you will know your answer.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can i ask,

Pls advise

lianbeng guessed: u r at ur own risk of being disturbed lah! :biggrin: leongsam is not responsible for ur own safety at home.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
has the privacy laws on data protection been passed in singapore?

that will restrict you from posting such personal data publicly.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you name a single country in the world that prohibits publishing personal details that one comes across say in a toilet, finds on the web, or lying on a table in a food court?

has the privacy laws on data protection been passed in singapore?

that will restrict you from posting such personal data publicly.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you name a single country in the world that prohibits publishing personal details that one comes across say in a toilet, finds on the web, or lying on a table in a food court?

Wikipedia contains some information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_privacy_law

Standards, enforcement and such differ of course. So to answer the TS question i guess it depends where the server is located that contains those informations.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Privacy laws apply to people and organisations that gather personal data for various purposes from consenting individuals. These need to follow specific requirements in regard to storage/retention, disclosure etc.

If find your personal particulars such a full name, NRIC, Passport, address, your gender and other things such as your membership to gay pride in a plastic bag and I publish it on the web, there is no law that prohibits it.

On the the other hand if your bank publishes your personal details that you entrusted on the web without permission, they will breach privacy laws.

Its is common misconception that it is an offence to publish someone personal details. However society frowns on people that publish personal details for mischief.

One interesting and long running misconception is that you are required by law to carry your NRIC with you. No such requirement.

Wikipedia contains some information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_privacy_law

Standards, enforcement and such differ of course. So to answer the TS question i guess it depends where the server is located that contains those informations.