• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Popular singer Aliff Aziz fined for phone theft

Gatsby

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Popular singer Aliff Aziz fined for phone theft

Shaffiq Alkhatib The New Paper Friday, Oct 03, 2014

20141001_AliffAziz.jpg

SINGAPORE - He rose to fame in 2007 after winning Malay channel Suria's version of Singapore Idol, Anugerah.

Then only 16 years old, Mohamad Aliff Aziz (inset), beat three other finalists in the singing contest.

After gaining popularity on both sides of the Causeway, he is now in the spotlight for the wrong reason.

Malay language daily Berita Harian reported yesterday that the singer was fined $2,000 on Friday for stealing two mobile phones.

Now 23, the Kuala Lumpur-based Singaporean made off with the items at the void deck of Block 36, Tanglin Halt Road, just past midnight on May 24.

The two phones - an HTC One and a Samsung Note 1, valued at $800 each - belong to a man identified as Mr Yong Kit Siong.

Malay entertainment personalities contacted by The New Paper said they were surprised to hear about the case.

Alif Abdullah, 25, better known as Alyph of local hip-hop duo SleeQ, said he got along well with Aliff.

"We hang out together and I hope his fans will remember him for his music. Everyone makes mistakes and I hope everyone will give him support in this difficult time," he said.

An image consultant who worked several times with Aliff in Malaysia and Singapore said they first met in 2011 and he has always acknowledged her whenever they bump into each other.

The consultant, who requested anonymity, added: "He is not stuck-up and overall, he's a nice guy. I think he should lie low for a while, maybe for about three months.

"After that, he should sincerely ask for forgiveness and win back his fans."

Aliff is no stranger to controversy.

In April, last year, he was slammed in Malaysian media as a "bad boy" for being notorious for his lack of discipline at work.

Malaysia's Kosmo news reported that he was unfocused at work and missing from the set during filming.

For the theft, Aliff could have been jailed up to three years and fined.

[email protected]

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wife of S'pore actor Aliff Aziz files for divorce after his arrest in M'sia for alleged 'close proximity' with another woman
Second divorce.

Bella Astillah, Malaysian singer and actress, filed for divorce from her husband, Singaporean actor Aliff Aziz, after he was arrested by Malaysia's religious authorities for allegedly being in "close proximity" alone with Malaysian actress Ruhainies.

Bella, whose real name is Dayang Ara Nabellah Awang Astillah, told reporters outside the Syariah Lower Court in Kuala Lumpur on Mar. 13 that she believes a divorce would be the best way to resolve the situation, as reported by The Star.

"This is the best path for me and Aliff. I just want everything to go smoothly, considering that we are in the month of Ramadan now. I'm determined (to continue with the divorce) as I have already given him lots of chances," she said to the media.

New Straits Times reported that Bella wanted to "end this amicably" as Aliff is the father of her children.

She said:

"Hopefully, there's a silver lining to this. Love does not conquer all."

Bella and Aliff had divorced once in April 2019 after three years of marriage following allegations that Aliff was cheating on her.

They had a child before the divorce, and had another child after they got back together a year later.

The Star stated that Bella's lawyer, Azmi Mohd Rais, said that Aliff had agreed with her decision to divorce and was set to attend the proceedings on Mar. 13.

However, the actor was unable to attend due to his filming schedule. The hearing has been adjourned to Apr. 4.

What happened
Aliff was arrested on Mar. 9 in Kuala Lumpur by Malaysia's religious authorities after he was found with Malaysian actress Ruhainies in her condominium.

Ruhainies was also arrested.

Ruhainies told media it was not a case of "tangkap basah" (loosely translates to “caught red-handed”) — the colloquial term referring to restrictions on a man and a woman being alone and in close proximity (such as in a car, or in a hotel room) if they are not married or close relatives.

The restriction is known as "khalwat".

In an Instagram story on Mar. 10, Aliff addressed the news, claiming there was much speculation and "exaggerated reports" on the incident.

Aliff explains himself
In an Instagram post on Mar. 14, Aliff documented what allegedly happened that day.

View this post on Instagram