• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Popular bookstore's Thomson Plaza outlet to close after 31 years this Sunday

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Missed those days when Yaohan Fiesta sells tonkatsu made from pork, yes piggy flesh! Now see more torikatsu than tonkatsu in jap joint. Why can't they just stick to their mee rebus and mee goreng?
What was most memorable about the yoahan was the curry chicken crepes they sold...not too sure if anyone remembers

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boby shoes lor... that one sibei long there liao... still open, last week went there jalan jalan..
No it's vintage. Same for City Plaza, Beauty World Centre, Katong Shopping Centre etc.

On the contrary, some of the newer suburb malls are just downright depressing. So depressing, you can't help but laugh.

Went to the shopping mall at Junction 9 Yishun.. that place is 50% maid agencies...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boby shoes lor... that one sibei long there liao... still open, last week went there jalan jalan..

Went to the shopping mall at Junction 9 Yishun.. that place is 50% maid agencies...

Bukit Timah Shopping Centre has plenty of maid agencies. All the Pinoy maids sit inside the shops, you can stare at them through the glass windows. :wink:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's no longer a bookstore. This chain of bookstores sells snacks and computer accessories. And a hell lots of children assessment papers! A real bookstore is Kinokuniya which sells real books. Lol :biggrin:
Singpost selling those too. Who is worse. Next SMRT will be opening supermarket and Telco business. Talk about ethic, Civil Servants are all running like commercial entity and I don't find every item on the shelves of NTUC supermart cheap. If this is not day-time robbery what is. Besides, nobody believe in real sales anymore. Item has been marked up just days before the discount, just like Gov Clinic marking up consultation fee before the subsidies.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want depressing ? Try Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre. It's so depressing you can't even see it from the main road.

UPHO.94073991.V800.jpg

The interior looks very vintage... reminds me of Centrepoint or Funan back in the late 1980s or early 1990s.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
UPHO.94073991.V800.jpg

The interior looks very vintage... reminds me of Centrepoint or Funan back in the late 1980s or early 1990s.
Isn't this the happening place where Monfort and Saint Garbage boys have gang fights over over Saint Joseph Convent sluts and whatever in the 80s? Lol :biggrin: And I remember there is a Chinese helicopter school nearby there too with weirdo white commie style uniform. Haha:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want depressing ? Try Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre. It's so depressing you can't even see it from the main road.

I thought that place has been sold Em Bloc? still have not died yet. It was once a place you go, to 'grease your pole'. There used to be an amusement centre on the 3rd floor, a 4D outlet at the basement that was popular, some shops selling food, that were fairly good, a Malay Barber, computer shops that sells pirated softwares & games. A POSB Bank was once there, a shop selling school uniforms ..nothing much in the past..only attraction, as I had mentioned...was one of the places, you go " grease your pole"...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Those days in the early 80s, there was a pirated software shop in the basement where you can easily copy whatever software and games you want in floppy disk or 3 1/2 inch floppy diskette..Lol :biggrin:

floppy.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought that place has been sold Em Bloc? still have not died yet. It was once a place you go, to 'grease your pole'. There used to be an amusement centre on the 3rd floor, a 4D outlet at the basement that was popular, some shops selling food, that were fairly good, a Malay Barber, computer shops that sells pirated softwares & games. A POSB Bank was once there, a shop selling school uniforms ..nothing much in the past..only attraction, as I had mentioned...was one of the places, you go " grease your pole"...
Yes they used to have a health center there .... quite popular.
Then later the whole place became a gay hangout.
Also got ktvs and a Thai disco even that came and went

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes they used to have a health center there .... quite popular.
Then later the whole place became a gay hangout.
Also got ktvs and a Thai disco even that came and went

The gay hangouts was an amusing thing.....I used the men's toilet back then & noticed holes in the dividing walls between the cubicles & wonder..what they were. Till there a court case article came out in the Shit Times, way back then, two men were charged in court for you know what, using the men's toilet. Much later, when I used the toilets...after the court sentencing news...I noticed the centre management patched up the holes....reminded me of a Beatles song lyrics..."four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire"..ha ha ha

There were a few "health centres" & many others...I am surprised that, the centre is still alive...