• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poor Renci monk crying again

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
\
In-SG-MY.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_366441.html

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
April 21, 2009
Trial of Ren Ci founder
Ming Yi breaks down

By Carolyn Quek and Selina Lum

Ming Yi (left), 47, is facing four charges for making an unauthorised $50,000 loan from Ren Ci's coffers to his ex-personal aide Raymond Yeung (far left) on May 17, 2004. --ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

THE ex-chief of Ren Ci Hospital broke down several times as he took the stand on Tuesday after the judge found that he had a case to answer.
Ming Yi, 47, is facing four charges for making an unauthorised $50,000 loan from Ren Ci's coffers to his ex-personal aide Raymond Yeung on May 17, 2004. Yeung faces two charges.

The saffron-robed monk spoke at length in English about how he became a monk, how he became the abbot of the Foo Hai Ch'an monastery and how he set up Ren Ci.

He told the court the hospital was set up to fufill the last wishes of one of his teachers, the late Venerable Siong Khye.

He decided to take over a unit in the then-Woodbridge Hospital for the chronic sick.

But setting up the hospital was no easy task and there were many teething problems.

'I am a Buddhist monk. The worse it is, the more I have to go into it,' he told the court.

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
'I am a Buddhist monk. The worse it is, the more I have to go into it,' he told the court.

I'm puzzled by this one.. corruption is bad, lust is bad, greed is bad etc. so the more he has to go into it?:confused: That explains why he did the thing he did.

What's the saying, about no one going thru hell, so I have to go to hell (something like that :biggrin:)

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-EiKPrAOHA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-EiKPrAOHA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cannot accept the explanation that because he is a monk, he needs to be forgiven and justify everything that he did just because he think he is a saint? Many people hide their true color behind religion, and these are the people we need to constantly check because they were given the approval to solicit money from public. We do not want everyone to fall into the trap to think that our hard earned money is used for good cause but in fact it was used to improve other people extravagant lifestyle while Singaporeans are suffering from lack of job and lost of income.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
this monk is a RI student rite?

also got a PHD rite?

dun he know better wat he did was wrong????

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Guatama tought during his few decades was that ALL SENTIENTS BEINGS ARE VERY VULNERABLE TO FALL INTO THE MANY TRAPS OF GREED, LUST ,,IGNORANCE...thats why most sentient beings, regardless of their present status..past deeds,, positions..karma merits...,ARE ALL SUBJECT TO THE TEMPTATIONS OF THE SENSE AND EHOS.........
tHIS EX-MONK SHOULD KNOW ALL THAT AS HE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE READ MOST OF THE SUTRAS, DESERTATIONS..ETC..bUT ,,,AS HE WAS SUBJECT TO MORE AND MORE TEMPTATION OF MONIES..STATUS..POWERS..AND EVEN LUST...HE MAY TURN WAYWARDS....
It is a very sorry state of affairs that he has got himself into...
they are many well established buddhist organisation in the world..like the CIji from Taiwan ,is doing many many folds more charities thoughtout the world...but one have not heard of any scandle of that sorts.....
A true buddhist...and more so for a monks...only take ,accept and use whatever modest and humble means for them to sustain their physical well beings...so that they can progress further in their spiritual developments...All monks are not allowed to use ,wear ,any objects which involved the unnecessary killing of life,,like leather wear..even SILK as it involved the killing of the insects...No leather branded bags, shoes, like Guci, LV etcs,,no silk wear..only cotton wear...
So if he cried..then he must know that he has erred...REPENTENCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE HIMSELF...

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol. he cried becos he knows his doomed.

repentant. hahahhaa. hes a fcking monk, he knew what he did was wrong better than you and i, way back when he 1st started out.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot accept the explanation that because he is a monk, he needs to be forgiven and justify everything that he did just because he think he is a saint? Many people hide their true color behind religion, and these are the people we need to constantly check because they were given the approval to solicit money from public. We do not want everyone to fall into the trap to think that our hard earned money is used for good cause but in fact it was used to improve other people extravagant lifestyle while Singaporeans are suffering from lack of job and lost of income.

What is really interesting is his intention, Did he started off with good intention to help but fall to lust and greed along the way?

Or Is he a con man from day one and exploit the gray area and opportunity.

I want to believe it's the first case, just like PAP, started with a really solid team that put in good policies for Singapore but was exploited by cunning politicians and opportunist to mike the country, riding on their predecessor's sucess.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
solid team? maybe. except for old fart. old fart when he's a young man, he start to deal with black market liao. and then work for the jap military regime. don't tell me he wanna help people of this island when he do translation work for the jap??? he start out for FUCKING GREED.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greeds has NO BOUND, when one started to take one dollars corruptly...he will not stop even when he gots billions or trillions...thats why GREED IS THE GREATEST TOXIC IN ONES MIND............

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
When he cry,please be generous abit ,lift up your mobile to call 1900-xxx-xxx-xx $25.00 each call excluding Singtel charges !

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is really interesting is his intention, Did he started off with good intention to help but fall to lust and greed along the way?

I want to believe it's the first case, just like PAP, started with a really solid team that put in good policies for Singapore but was exploited by cunning politicians and opportunist to mike the country, riding on their predecessor's sucess.

This fuck-backside monk is definitely a con-artist, otherwise why must he highlight about his fake PhD?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

he failed in the teachings. BUDDHISM didn't fail him.

in the harden human world, 10 good deeds are not equivalent to one bad deed.

this drama proves one thing: even with more money, monk also falls into corruption and greed.

time to check the minitoots.:p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody piece of shit Goh Kah Heng...what has all this got to do with the criminal charges being presented against you?...:rolleyes:
\
In-SG-MY.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_366441.html

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
April 21, 2009
Trial of Ren Ci founder
Ming Yi breaks down

By Carolyn Quek and Selina Lum

Ming Yi (left), 47, is facing four charges for making an unauthorised $50,000 loan from Ren Ci's coffers to his ex-personal aide Raymond Yeung (far left) on May 17, 2004. --ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

THE ex-chief of Ren Ci Hospital broke down several times as he took the stand on Tuesday after the judge found that he had a case to answer.
Ming Yi, 47, is facing four charges for making an unauthorised $50,000 loan from Ren Ci's coffers to his ex-personal aide Raymond Yeung on May 17, 2004. Yeung faces two charges.

The saffron-robed monk spoke at length in English about how he became a monk, how he became the abbot of the Foo Hai Ch'an monastery and how he set up Ren Ci.

He told the court the hospital was set up to fufill the last wishes of one of his teachers, the late Venerable Siong Khye.

He decided to take over a unit in the then-Woodbridge Hospital for the chronic sick.

But setting up the hospital was no easy task and there were many teething problems.

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hate to disappoint you. It is the latter. He has it all planned. Go talk to contractors who renovated his temple in the early days.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt...but this does not absolve him of his disgraceful and sometime criminal conduct later on

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
let's just say he has strayed from the straight and narrow path. Living in style, expensive holidays, drawing such a high salary and being a celebrity with personal assistants etc. somehow does not fit the image of someone frocked in saffron robes and espousing Buddhist teachings. He should lead by example. No one is asking him to starve and live like a hermit but please lah, don't have to keep up with the modern day Joneses. First and foremost, modern chaps are not monks but you chose to be one. The moral of the story is- don't be a monk if u can't abstain from materialism. no use crying too!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why government targetted this good monk amongst all those that even goes Geylang !

Who brought him down ?