• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pomegranate Juice

rsujoy665

Prior to being diagnosed with Type 2, I drank a glass of pomegranate juice a day for its heart health benefits, especially in reducing plaque in the arteries.

After my diagnosis, cuisinart cje 1000 review I gave up all fruit juices (too much sugar) and switched to fresh fruit instead.

Recently a small study from Israel says that the high natural sugar in pomegranate juice doesn't affect blood glucose levels and that diabetics, with our high rate of heart disease, should be drinking 6 oz. of the stuff a day.

Does anyone here drink unsweetened pomegranate juice? Does anyone's doc recommend it? Does it affect your blood glucose?

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This one simple & good for clearing arteries.

Cranberry juice is awesome too.

1639895705106.png

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a resident juicing advocate cum practitioner in this forum but it seems he has gone quiet.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prior to being diagnosed with Type 2, I drank a glass of pomegranate juice a day for its heart health benefits, especially in reducing plaque in the arteries.

After my diagnosis, cuisinart cje 1000 review I gave up all fruit juices (too much sugar) and switched to fresh fruit instead.

Recently a small study from Israel says that the high natural sugar in pomegranate juice doesn't affect blood glucose levels and that diabetics, with our high rate of heart disease, should be drinking 6 oz. of the stuff a day.

Does anyone here drink unsweetened pomegranate juice? Does anyone's doc recommend it? Does it affect your blood glucose?
how bad is the diabetes exactly? A1C levels over 6.5? 7.0? low 6s?

If you like, can water it down and reduce the carb load.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

me.but i dilute with ice cubes.half cups.twice a day.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pomegranate juice as a health food is a meme. Please don't believe in any miracle health cure or magic pill .. they are all hyped up to make you buy more shit.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Y dont just eat the pomegranate and swallow the fruits with the seeds? Seeds slow down the digestion and hence reduce the GI spike. Just the juice without the seeds is useless

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paging for our moderator and resident doctor @nayr69sg. He's been missing for quite a period already since 21 November 2021. Hope all's well with him.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why Winter swimming (冬泳) is said to cures diabetes ? No wonder one of my Chink staff takes ice shower once a week at 6am...........

Last edited: