• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Politics in Quan Yi Fong Case?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is something seriously wrong with Taiwanese women. None of my friends with Taiwanese wives have a happy marriage.

You marry their women and end up pampering and supporting her family. Everything revolves around her selfish needs and her family.

Taiwanese claws better than Third Rail claws.

Good luck to those who marry Taiwanese girls.

Marcus Chin can surely attest to this.

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marcus Chin can surely attest to this.

If I remembered correctly, Marcus Chin had an affair with his assistant and they produced a child. He could not pay the maintenance fee that was awarded to his ex-wife and they went to court. Quan Yifeng's marriage failed partly because she had to financially support her family and her ex-husband. Not sure whether both men involved were Singaporean. There is no need to generalise people by nationalities.

From record, it seemed that this Quan Yifeng had a bad temper. However, I understood from one of my female colleagues that some old taxi uncles liked to pick on pretty female passengers and talked nonsense. I did not know the actual details of the case, we could not assume the taxi uncle was completely innocent.

For cases involving foreigners, the most talked about ones usually involved Westerners rather than Asians. Like the recent case involving the New Zealander who jumped bail that was picked up by SDP as well.

maja06

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true.

Given his background, I am still wondering how he made it there. Surely LKY perceives this man as a threat to the status quo. And he didn't object? Very curious.

Well, doesn't Old Man (and his son now) have a habit of keeping his former enemies and their spawn close? They call it hegemony, I think.

Speaking of which, was the father of the immediate past ISD head also part of the glorious Operation Coldstore class by any chance? Been quite curious.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, did not see this earlier.

Son did not show a hint of political interest from school, undergrad and even during his professional career. Very keen on Law but very politically aware. Must have seen the Father suffer. Father was very bitter till the very end. As you know undergrads and the various societies are closely watched.

That's true.

Given his background, I am still wondering how he made it there. Surely LKY perceives this man as a threat to the status quo. And he didn't object? Very curious.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, did not see this earlier.

Son did not show a hint of political interest from school, undergrad and even during his professional career. Very keen on Law but very politically aware. Must have seen the Father suffer. Father was very bitter till the very end. As you know undergrads and the various societies are closely watched.

Ok. Thanks.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on your comment about Subhas.

Due many of his high profile cases, some people may inflict self-fear when they see the other side had engaging Subhas. This may have helped in a certain sense.

I am quite certain an 'invisible' hand intervened. The law is supposed to be equal to everyone. In reality, it isn't. Still depends on who you know, in almost all cases. Subhas is only so-so standard. Nothing exceptional. He takes on high profile cases but is no miracle worker. You need the other side to give way too.