• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Polar Curry Puffs Now $1.50 is it worth it

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah why u guys want cheap polar curry puff don't say. I used to work there part time holding 2 jobs. Usually around 9pm they would sell their puffs at 1/2 price and lots of aunties would come around and buy them. At the end of the day what cannot be sold would be thrown away usually my sup would just throw away the crappy ones the chicken pies and curry puffs would divide among the 4 of us and packed nicely into boxes and let us take home free :smile: That was until this CCB of a new sup came in and day in day out find fault with us and nag that we all left. Heard later she brough in her friends and son and made that branch her own family business.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the stall name/location for the curry puff at marine parade Hawker Center?
I can't find it !

You can get Polar curry puff at Esso/Mobil.
But i like the one at Marine Parade HC besides
Parkway Parade.
The curry is best, they also sell
their secret recipe curry powder.
When i first patronised the shop it was
50cts each, now more than $1

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That was until this CCB of a new sup came in and day in day out find fault with us and nag that we all left. Heard later she brough in her friends and son and made that branch her own family business.

Another empire builder like the old man maybe a poor relationship :smile:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its behind the Hokkien Mee stall. That stall's version is all mashed up. You only taste the chilli powder. Stick with Old Chang Kee version better.

What is the stall name/location for the curry puff at marine parade Hawker Center?
I can't find it !

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro I suggest you read up abit more on the difference between butter and marg...:wink:
Butter is a healthier alternative. This is what I read from a book. Actually makes sense when you consider that butter has been around longer before heart problems became common place.

The move to margarine is relatively new & so is the epidemic of heart problems. Coincidence?

Nowadays I'm using virgin coconut oil which is better.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro I suggest you read up abit more on the difference between butter and marg...:wink:

Its marketing lah.

Some people in the the US wanted to sell margarine & through the years they've done a good job on marketing margarine as a healthier choice.

Margarine(trans fat) is hydrogenated vegetable oils & its as bad as eating saturated fats. If you have time go read "The Miracle Heart" by Jean Carper pp. 98 under trans fat.

Its also ok to eat eggs which doesn't increase cholestrol levels.

In California, Arnie has banned tran fat in the fast food industry.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right to a certain extent on the trans fat issue, although you can now get Marg without trans fat...the issue before relates to saturated fats...Marg was produced as polyunsaturated fats which was the appeal...
Its marketing lah.

Some people in the the US wanted to sell margarine & through the years they've done a good job on marketing margarine as a healthier choice.

Margarine(trans fat) is hydrogenated vegetable oils & its as bad as eating saturated fats. If you have time go read "The Miracle Heart" by Jean Carper pp. 98 under trans fat.

Its also ok to eat eggs which doesn't increase cholestrol levels.

In California, Arnie has banned tran fat in the fast food industry.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right to a certain extent on the trans fat issue, although you can now get Marg without trans fat...the issue before relates to saturated fats...Marg was produced as polyunsaturated fats which was the appeal...

Margarine came about because its cheaper. Advantages like longer shelve life but very damaging to human health.

Don't think healthy margarine is available, at least not in Spore. Manufacture's don't have any incentive to make a healthy margarine. Just look out for "hydrogenated" in the food label. Thats why the California ban was important. Americans have only recently become aware of tthe trans fat problem & as a large market they have more clout than tiny Spore.

I am already seeing cookies that are labelled trans fat free from Australia & Europe but not from Asian sources:rolleyes: