• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pleasant Budget Surprise

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like this Minister was listening. Go thru the link below

http://www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/budget_2013/key_initiatives/business1.html#s2

By June 2015, much of the impact will be felt and the following year will be 2016.

Pity those who have been depending on cheap labour. Note the dramatic increase in property tax for top end. Note the reduction in dependency ratios. Note the the WCS, productivity incentives etc etc.

Looks like MOF outperformed PMO by a factor of 10.

Ps. Sadly, the humble beedie and its close cousin the Ang Hoon will have the tax rates hiked by 25%. The beedie for the uninitiated was the tobacco of choice behind the guard house at the Istana.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They know they have to do some drastic damage control. Pity the likes of Calvin Cheng who still hug the old PAP manta, not realizing even his own political masters have realized the need to change gears or at least appear to be changing gears. His ilk will be ostracized as PAP inner circle try to do damage control.

For a quick recap on budget 2013, visit http://www.singaporebudget.gov.sg/budget_2013/download/FY2013_Budget_in_Brief.pdf

This is as political as any budget can get. An entire section devoted to social issues, and one section devoted to cost of living which is the hottest button topic apart from foreigners.

Overall, my initial take is that the patient is in the ER and doctors are performing crucial surgery, but it will STILL take time to tell whether the surgery is going to tackle the root cause of the disease.

Jury still out on that one.

Looks like this Minister was listening. Go thru the link below

By June 2015, much of the impact will be felt and the following year will be 2016.

Pity those who have been depending on cheap labour. Note the dramatic increase in property tax for top end. Note the reduction in dependency ratios. Note the the WCS, productivity incentives etc etc.

Ps. Sadly, the humble beedie and its close cousin the Ang Hoon will have the tax rates hiked by 25%. The beedie for the uninitiated was the tobacco of choice behind the guard house at the Istana.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After a heavy dose of foreigner influx, the response is too small to make a noticeable difference.

Will they in 2015 freeze all entries and repatriate at least a million foreigners to convince sinkees that they are listening to win votes for 2016?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on the crucial surgery. Unlikely the Leopard or the spots will go but I do wonder if Tharman if the odd one in cabinet.

In 2016, it should be plain to most of us if there is a discernible shift towards looking after Singapore by Singaporeans and for Singaporeans. If there is not, time to give them another hiding.

Besides the budget, I would like see the PAP start presenting proper candidates. This is also where they have gone wrong. If a successful colorectal surgeon with a practice in Mt E can get whipped silly by a sales trainer, something is wrong.

Waiting in the wings are VW, PT, and the 5 musketeers from WP? We are looking at 7 pretty solid candidates.

This is as political as any budget can get. An entire section devoted to social issues, and one section devoted to cost of living which is the hottest button topic apart from foreigners.

Overall, my initial take is that the patient is in the ER and doctors are performing crucial surgery, but it will STILL take time to tell whether the surgery is going to tackle the root cause of the disease.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah, all wayang one. So Sinkies softhearted during 2016 and then vote Leegime. Then when they realize it is a long con, there would have been 200K of new fake citizens by 2022 that it will not make a difference.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take is the the budget will fail to achieve its political objectives.

The political mindset of Singaporeans is crystal at this point in time. Unless there is a public retraction of the 6.9 million White Paper, nothing the PAP does is going to change their minds.

WP would do well to ram the point home during the debate for the estimates for MOM.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

This budget has the mark of " Tharman" on it. And its a budget for which we should thank the voters of Aljunied , PE, and finally the resounding voices of Singaporeans of all colours who rose against the "white paper".

When I read the details my first and only question was why not delay the "white paper" till after the "budget" ? It would have made the "white paper" easier to stomach, the final numbers would have been lower, the PAP would not have bled political capital. Its a budget which Tharmen could have announced for 2012 but did not ?

I believe that somewhere up there, in the rarified air of the PAP Vatican , the cardinals have finally told the Pope, the reality of Aljunied PE and the white paper. The old assumptions are no longer valid, Singapore will have to re invent itself and yes it will costs money but Tharmen has been given the full reign,

Locke

QUOTE=scroobal;1443128]Looks like this Minister was listening. Go thru the link below

Ps. Sadly, the humble beedie and its close cousin the Ang Hoon will have the tax rates hiked by 25%. The beedie for the uninitiated was the tobacco of choice behind the guard house at the Istana.[/QUOTE]

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If TS said the Mini Stars was listening, he need glasses or hearing aids or both.

This Budget like ALL others before it, have the money coming out of their RIGHT Pocket and going to their LEFT Pocket.

Worse are those top ups are not even 'top ups'.

They were already billing the peasants way over the right amount and the mark ups are only discounted.

Some of the money even NEVER really left their hands, like Medi save tops ups, with the many rules restricting those individual to use the money, have mostly remain ( and will continued to remain untouched) in their hands.

This is why Sinkie, the middle and lower class are geting worse.

The reality is they were NOT given any 'off sets' in their living cost for many years ( and certainly NOT even now in 2013) and ALL the time they were given 'wayang show' to apppease their dissatisfaction with the Pap.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed we should thank the voters with brass balls from aljunied, hougang & punggol east for waking the morons up from their slumber, as well as the ppl that turned up at honglim park in the rain to display their disapproval of the toilet paper.

but let's not too carried away with the celebrations yet. we know that the jokers have poor grasp of budgets, and have in the longest time been tuned towards revenue. give u $1, tomorrow take back $10.

if we scrutinize their budget paper, the thing that rings out loud.... fundamentally, if things werent set at cut-throat prices, then, there wont be need for rebates or discounts. its not rocket science to know its just a facade to be seen populist.

example: the cost for 1 bowl of wanton mee is approx $1 & i sell for $5 (profit $4), then i tell you i give u 30% discount, hence sold at $3.50 (profit $2.50). many ignorant ones will be jumping for joy, without realizing that they r at the losing end at the end.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

This budget has the mark of " Tharman" on it. And its a budget for which we should thank the voters of Aljunied , PE, and finally the resounding voices of Singaporeans of all colours who rose against the "white paper".

When I read the details my first and only question was why not delay the "white paper" till after the "budget" ? It would have made the "white paper" easier to stomach, the final numbers would have been lower, the PAP would not have bled political capital. Its a budget which Tharmen could have announced for 2012 but did not ?

I believe that somewhere up there, in the rarified air of the PAP Vatican , the cardinals have finally told the Pope, the reality of Aljunied PE and the white paper. The old assumptions are no longer valid, Singapore will have to re invent itself and yes it will costs money but Tharmen has been given the full reign,

Locke

QUOTE=scroobal;1443128]Looks like this Minister was listening. Go thru the link below

[/QUOTE]

The whole PAP leadership has been blindsided - for the By election and by the White Paper. Thats tell u a lot about the quality of advice that the PM has been getting!! Now for this budget...I am cautiously optimistic but at least it did not get my disapproval.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My take is the the budget will fail to achieve its political objectives.

The political mindset of Singaporeans is crystal at this point in time. Unless there is a public retraction of the 6.9 million White Paper, nothing the PAP does is going to change their minds.

WP would do well to ram the point home during the debate for the estimates for MOM.

Same reading here. Getting more aggressive on the foreign worker issue and racketing up the productivity drive, but not getting to the meat of the problem. Bugbear remains the 6.9 million. That's the gorilla that is hanging over them.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love the part best about the govt forking out 60% of the wage increase by SMEs. What a wonderful idea! For every $10 wage increase we get, the govt is paying us $6 that actually comes out from our own pockets (thru taxes) while $4 comes from the SME boss who travels 1st class, entertain clients with KTV hostesses for $'000s a night, drives Merc and keeps BMs Porches at home. Classic!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love the part best about the govt forking out 60% of the wage increase by SMEs. What a wonderful idea! For every $10 wage increase we get, the govt is paying us $6 that actually comes out from our own pockets (thru taxes) while $4 comes from the SME boss who travels 1st class, entertain clients with KTV hostesses for $'000s a night, drives Merc and keeps BMs Porches at home. Classic!

Actually the bigger joke is that at first the SME boss intended to give $10 increment to his staff. Now he only need to give $4/- and the $6/ he can use to chiong!!
(is the gahment funding 40% or 60%...can't remember...anyway can use the same logic to apply!)