• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Pinkdot on Saturday 24 June is Very Important! Samsters Going to Attend?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

COMMENT: Why Pink Dot Day is more important than ever for Singapore​

We’re heading in right direction, but homophobia still endures in tricky places​

• Kenny G

Neil Humphreys
Neil Humphreys
·Contributor
Thu, 22 June 2023 at 11:16 am SGT

In this article:

• Kenny G

Kenny G
    American saxophonist
  • Erling Haaland
    ManchesterCity_wbg.png
    |F|#9

Supporters attend the annual

Supporters attend the annual "Pink Dot" event in a public show of support for the LGBT community at Hong Lim Park. (PHOTO: Roslan Rahman/AFP via Getty Images)
BOTTOMS are fine. Farting is okay as a sound effect but avoid the actual word. Physical comedy is good, but effeminate mannerisms are frowned upon. Word play is great and there’s nothing like a good gag to finish. Always send them back to class giggling.
Just no sexual content, especially the gay stuff. Never mention the gay stuff.
Welcome to the school speakers’ circuit.
As an author of children’s books, crime thrillers and humorous social commentaries, I get asked to speak to many schools about many subjects, a genuine perk of my eclectic career. No two audiences are the same. Having been invited to more than a hundred schools across three decades, I’ve visited more academic institutions than the education minister (insert your own jokes.)
I take my motivational responsibilities seriously, imagining the life-changing possibilities of an author addressing my 11-year-old self in a school assembly and highlighting a possible pathway in the literary arts. And I’m bloody good at it. I know what I’m doing.
And yet, occasionally, I still get reminders about the gay stuff, not explicitly of course. We can’t do that anymore, not in our 377A post-repeal enlightened age, not after we’ve been instructed to be more tolerant - by law, naturally - of those living non-traditional lives.
So a wonderful game of pussyfooting ensues as we dance around the topic, without ever actually mentioning the topic, for fear of offending anyone with differing views on the topic. The chat is usually a variation on the following …
“So, Neil, the school wants to make sure the assembly talk matches their values.”
“Well I have a fart gag for the primary ones and a cheeky reference to an atas school for the primary sixes and loads of broad comedy for the rest.”
“Great. And there’s nothing, you know, sensitive?”
“It’s a story about an undercover princess for primary school kids.”
“Yah, but there’s a lot of sensitive stuff in the news.”
“So I should take out Trump, Brexit and Roe versus Wade?
“Eh, don’t joke. You must stick to the school’s values.”
“I know. But I can still wear a Native American headdress and sing 'YMCA', right?”
But lazy cultural references to the Village People aside, Singapore does find itself at a fascinating crossroads in terms of LGBTQ+ matters, eh?
Section 377A has been struck off the books. The colonial law criminalising gay sex is no more, which is one less thing to blame on the Brits. If I had to hear “the British Empire introduced it, not us” defence one more time for the entrenched homophobia, I might have defaced Raffles’ statue. The British Empire also introduced scurvy, but we didn’t seem so keen to keep that.
A participant of the Pink Dot event at the Speakers' Corner in Hong Lim Park in Singapore.

A participant of the Pink Dot event at the Speakers' Corner in Hong Lim Park in Singapore. (PHOTO: Reuters/Feline Lim)

Definitions of sexuality still a work in progress​

Still, it’s a new day for tolerance in Singapore, which might make this year’s Pink Dot rally feel a tad superfluous for some, an indulgent gathering of eternally dissatisfied activists forever calling for decadent orgies in our sanitised streets (which I’m not advocating, but it still sounds more fun than the Formula 1).
Gay people are free to be now, at home, in the workplace and in our media. Just look at "Heartstopper". The uplifting LGBTQ+ drama about teen friendship was a hit as both a graphic novel at Kinokuniya and as a romantic series on Netflix as gay couples of all ages were embraced by a warm, empathetic nation.
Well, not quite. "Heartstopper" really was one of the sweetest, most uplifting teen dramas of recent years, devoured by my daughter in a single sitting, but only after I had typed in the adults-only password. "Heartstopper" has a 12 rating in the UK - for kissing. "Heartstopper" has an R21 rating in Singapore - for the depiction of non-traditional relationships. Gay lifestyles are not to be promoted, let alone celebrated, in the mainstream media. Just in case.
So let’s deal with the conversion myth. Again. My teenage daughter has a disturbing obsession with floppy-haired men. Look up Harry Styles and Jack Grealish for more details. She dreams of marrying either, as long as the hairband is present throughout the wedding. Her obsession even extends to a Manchester City striker called Erling Haaland, a freakish hybrid of Pamela Anderson and Aslan, that lion from Narnia.
In other words, she’s straight. She has gay relatives. She’s been taught by gay teachers and her favourite TV show of 2022 was "Heartstopper", but nothing has changed beyond her developing a greater understanding and acceptance of LGBTQ+ families. Worryingly, she still wants to marry a man with hair like Kenny G.
And yet, just a cursory glance at Singapore’s media coverage since the 377A repeal shows how long and winding the road remains. In The Straits Times, parents spoke of their concerns of being taught by openly gay teachers, which begged the question: What’s an openly gay teacher? Walking into a classroom in a hardhat and Wellington boots and singing "It's Raining Men"?
And what’s an openly straight teacher? Wearing a Trump baseball cap, burping into a beer can and denying women the right to control their own bodies?
But let’s stay with the example of gay teachers. In a Straits Times article in January, there was Andrew (not his real name) and Darren (not his real name) and John (not his real name) speaking of the professional obstacles and mental health challenges of teaching traditional family values that they were not a part of (societally or legally). They were being denied their identities in the workplace. They didn’t even have a real name in the media.
When I was kid, only the neighbours of gang members and serial killers used false identities. Reporters would interview “Neil” (not his real name, but he didn’t want the local drug dealer to blow up his Ford Fiesta) or “Humphrey” (not his real name, but he didn’t want the mad axeman from next door to return with his chopper.) These were legitimate reasons to conceal one’s identity from the world.
Being gay isn’t, but it still is in Singapore, which makes Pink Dot Day more vital than ever. The rally is a pride celebration for Andrew, Darren and John, but also an indictment of a society that still denies their real identities. And for what?
They are just gay men. They are not John Proctor. They should not still feel it necessary to live without their names, in our media, in their workplace or anywhere else. But they still do.
Our definitions of sexuality, relationships and family types remain a work in progress, which is why I’ll be taking my daughter to Pink Dot, even though the acceptance of LGBTQ+ families is a non-issue to her. Like many in her generation, she embraces everyone.
With a bit of luck, the rest of Singapore will eventually do the same.
Our definitions of sexuality, relationships and family types remain a work in progress, which is why I’ll be taking my daughter to Pink Dot, even though the acceptance of LGBTQ+ families is a non-issue to her.
Neil Humphreys is an award-winning football writer and a best-selling author, who has covered the English Premier League since 2000 and has written 28 books.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet a lot of uniformed NS boys from the NDP rehearsal at the Padang will go to Pink Dot too. Not very far away. :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will be the only event that brings colors and laughter amidst all the crazy high cost happening in this little island. As usual, nobody will be interested in the National parade glorifying the piece of shitty Milo Kosong on her last term.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

COMMENT: Why Pink Dot Day is more important than ever for Singapore​

We’re heading in right direction, but homophobia still endures in tricky places​

Neil Humphreys
Neil Humphreys
·Contributor
Thu, 22 June 2023 at 11:16 am SGT

What a crock of shit written by half fuck con artist FT.

If he likes gay agenda so much please fuck off back to his country

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah. This is the type of shit happening during Pride month.

Report: Four Children Found in Boston-Run Housing with Drag Queens, ‘Drugs, Sex Toys,’ and Dead Body​

Drag Queens putting on makeup
Wang Zhao/Getty
JORDAN DIXON-HAMILTON21 Jun 2023744
Four young children were found living in a Boston Housing Authority-run (BHA) apartment filled with drag queens, “alcohol, drugs, sex toys, and a dead man,” according to reports.

As the Boston Herald detailed:

That fire department report, obtained by the Herald and confirmed by police response, states that a BFD crew was sent to Old Colony Avenue Saturday morning for a call that a man had gone into cardiac arrest and required medical attention. That address is the Mary Ellen McCormack Housing complex run by the city.
However, according to the incident report, firefighters found more than just a routine medical emergency.

“The apartment was in extremely unsanitary conditions. Approximately 6 adults, who appeared to be males, were seen in the apartment,” they wrote, saying they subsequently found “four children in the back bedroom being hidden by an adult male from first responders.”
The incident occurred on Saturday over Juneteenth weekend, and the children reportedly ranged from age five to ten.

“At about 11:11 AM, on Saturday, June 17th, officers responded to the area of 381 Old Colony Avenue for a death investigation. District Detectives handling, not suspicious, no further information,” a Boston Police Department spokesperson told the Herald.

At-Large City Councilor Michael Flaherty called the situation “sickening.”

“I was informed by people at the scene that there were drugs, alcohol, sex toys all around the apartment as well as a dead body on the floor,” Flaherty said.

Multiple sources told the Herald that “Some of the adults were dressed as women when first responders arrived at the scene.”

“All of the adult parties were being uncooperative and did not provide helpful information,” the incident report added. “All adults present denied having children inside the apartment.”

Boston City Council President Ed Flynn criticized the “inhumane and horrific” discovery and called for “oversight” into the BHA.

“This underscores the need for oversight into BHA inspections and eviction practices, security efforts in developments and protocols to ensure children are safe in every BHA apartment,” Flynn said.

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton is a reporter for Breitbart News. Write to him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There should be a repeat of Sodom and Gomorrah, where all these freaks are consumed by fire till they're reduced to ashes.

No fire at Hong Lim Park, can I splash the gravy from the famous curry chicken noodles on them?

20705953453_cca34ef4a6_b.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
No fire at Hong Lim Park, can I splash the gravy from the famous curry chicken noodles on them?

20705953453_cca34ef4a6_b.jpg

Nah! That curry is too mild. You need to go to a certain unit at Mayfair to get a deadly curry gravy to annihilate those freaks.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Loofydralb ,
abang please lead a public protest this coming saturday calling for sharia @pinkdot! LGBT activities should keep to themselves in private.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Loofydralb ,
abang please lead a public protest this coming saturday calling for sharia @pinkdot! LGBT activities should keep to themselves in private.
Can't be bothered. They can screw assholes all day and I won't bat an eyelid. It's not a Muslims issue. LBGTQIA+dogs are not muslims.

Only when they start throwing them off roofs, let me know.

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will their hero Pinky be there? No wonder PAPee always win the close fights. If you don't like racial discrimination, don't discriminate.