• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Phantom Voters to Appear in GE2009?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Confused over rules on electoral register
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->WHEN the Government Gazette announced that copies of the revised registers of electors were available for inspection from last Tuesday, I visited Tampines West Community Club to check a copy of the register for my electoral division.
However, I was told there was no copy available for me to check the particulars of other electors in my electoral division.
According to the Elections Department website, anyone whose name appears in the register for any electoral division may object to the inclusion in the register of the name of anyone else appearing or may object to the insertion in the register of the name of any claimant.
However, after logging in, the online facility available on this website read: 'You may object to the name of any person listed in your address if you have reason to believe that such person is no longer residing there legally.'
I am confused. Am I allowed to object only to the inclusion of persons in my address?
If so, how do I alert the authorities to neighbours who are physically not present in their home for most of the year, even though they own their home? If not, how can I make such objections when I am not given access to the particulars of other electors outside my family, and when the online facility requires the identity card details of the objectees?
I wish to thank Elections Department staff, particularly Ms Patricia Chee and Ms Sharon, who spent about half an hour trying to answer my queries.
Chong Weien