• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Patrick: Say NO to Ho Jinx + Ang Moh BS!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>July 24, 2009
TEMASEK SHOCK
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Go local in hunt for CEO
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT IS puzzling that the Singapore Government, which scores top marks in its political succession planning for the state, should have stumbled so stunningly in managing the same problem with a state investment vehicle like Temasek Holdings.
With the imminent departure of chief executive officer-in-waiting Charles Goodyear ('Goodyear to leave Temasek', Wednesday) after less than six months in that position, a casual observer might succumb to the notion that Temasek Holdings has been somewhat adrift during the past 18 months.
While on the surface the differences over the 'strategic direction' between Mr Goodyear and the host organisation appears as good an excuse as any for a corporate departure, at bottom it remains the duty of the Government to find the root causes of the malaise afflicting Temasek.
I also question the wisdom of employing an expatriate to helm an organisation as complex and wide- ranging as Temasek Holdings, which practically owns half of Singapore.
Parachuting in from the cold, how does one expect Mr Goodyear to navigate a complex conglomerate like Temasek in five short months?
Temasek is not just another commercial organisation in public opinion.
With Ms Ho Ching, the Prime Minister's wife, at the helm, there is an inevitable political dimension to the organisation despite the obvious political integrity of our system and Ms Ho Ching's undeniable talent.
In this respect, Temasek got it right when she stepped down as chief executive officer.
I would argue for a depoliticisation of the office of the CEO of Temasek and a return to local appointees, instead of setting off on another chase for foreign talent.
The latter will come and go, but the generation and prudent management of Singapore's wealth must continue regardless.
Patrick Low

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>I fully agree. Unfortunately we (=Familee?) seem to be still living in the shadow of our colonial past and we have this mindset that local Singaporeans can't seem to cut the mustard - despite the fact that for the past 20 - 30 years, Singaporeans had ventured out working in large corporations in the West - and we seem still to think that they are not good enough. I work in a MNC which in the past, gave the aberration that they provide career opportunities for Asians for the senior executive ranks - recently, they didn't even bothered and blatantly dialed Asians out of upward moves. It is sad that in our own country, the have our home grown corporations - Temasek and recently SGX, going out and looking for replacements for senior executives. Someone should go out and put the sign back on the Padang - except allow the dogs!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Shutruk_N at Fri Jul 24 07:54:30 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]Maybe he failed the Rorschach test [/COLOR].
RORSCHACH%2BTEST.PNG

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>July 24, 2009
TEMASEK SHOCK
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Go local in hunt for CEO
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT IS puzzling that the Singapore Government, which scores top marks in its political succession planning for the state, should have stumbled so stunningly in managing the same problem with a state investment vehicle like Temasek Holdings.
With the imminent departure of chief executive officer-in-waiting Charles Goodyear ('Goodyear to leave Temasek', Wednesday) after less than six months in that position, a casual observer might succumb to the notion that Temasek Holdings has been somewhat adrift during the past 18 months.
While on the surface the differences over the 'strategic direction' between Mr Goodyear and the host organisation appears as good an excuse as any for a corporate departure, at bottom it remains the duty of the Government to find the root causes of the malaise afflicting Temasek.
I also question the wisdom of employing an expatriate to helm an organisation as complex and wide- ranging as Temasek Holdings, which practically owns half of Singapore.
Parachuting in from the cold, how does one expect Mr Goodyear to navigate a complex conglomerate like Temasek in five short months?
Temasek is not just another commercial organisation in public opinion.
With Ms Ho Ching, the Prime Minister's wife, at the helm, there is an inevitable political dimension to the organisation despite the obvious political integrity of our system and Ms Ho Ching's undeniable talent.
In this respect, Temasek got it right when she stepped down as chief executive officer.
I would argue for a depoliticisation of the office of the CEO of Temasek and a return to local appointees, instead of setting off on another chase for foreign talent.
The latter will come and go, but the generation and prudent management of Singapore's wealth must continue regardless.
Patrick Low

They are not looking for a candidate with a conscience, a person with deep religious conviction & excellent moral values. They need someone who is attracted to the money, bring in the expertise, fit into 'picture'; and do a song & dance as directed by the puppet masters.

Ask no question, take your pay; and do your job!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

So if Temasek owns half of Singapore business, and it's earnings and profits are from the monopoly of local economy.

Question is, does Temasek ever earns anything beyond our shore?

It's time that they open their books and break down their involvement both local and abroad.:mad:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if Temasek owns half of Singapore business, and it's earnings and profits are from the monopoly of local economy.

It's time that they open their books and break down their involvement both local and abroad.:mad:

Earned anything beyond our shore ? I will be very happy if Temasek not lose too much.........can't say don't loose anything as given HC's 'undeniable talents', she is bound to loose something !

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earned anything beyond our shore ? I will be very happy if Temasek not lose too much.........can't say don't loose anything as given HC's 'undeniable talents', she is bound to loose something !

The only thing HC ever lost after marrying into the Family is her virginity

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I already pointed out in a thread a few months ago that the choice of goodyear was a big mystery. This clown had "retired" from BHP Australia, after many years as their CEO. And than after his retirement date, he joined Temasek shortly after. Temasek must have know that he was supposedly retired and still when to hire him. If this clown was interested in retiring, than his mindset is already one of relaxation, why tempt him back into running Temasek. An even more sinister assumption is that Mr. goodyear was approached by Temasek while still CEO of BHP, and he decided to work for Temasek. but instead of resigning from BHP, he retired, therefore, he double dipped, getting his pension from BHP and a salary from Temasek. If this is the case,he is duciplitous at best, and unworthy of beign a CEO of Temasek. When u have the same bunch of crony directors who hired Ho Jinx, and backed her thru billions of dollars in losses, what confidence do you have in them hiring a good CEO? None.

Last edited:

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
allo !

who whistled the NKF's golden tap ???

The local contractor and a local leeporter right???

Renci saga already scares the hell of many CEOs if NKF's golden tap is not.

local CEO for temasick ? Or new citizen for temasick??

you think what, temasick your father's company ??

local people cannot be trusted !

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already pointed out in a thread a few months ago that the choice of goodyear was a big mystery. This clown had "retired" from BHP Australia, after many years as their CEO. And than after his retirement date, he joined Temasek shortly after. Temasek must have know that he was supposedly retired and still when to hire him. If this clown was interested in retiring, than his mindset is already one of relaxation, why tempt him back into running Temasek. An even more sinister assumption is that Mr. goodyear was approached by Temasek while still CEO of BHP, and he decided to work for Temasek. but instead of resigning from BHP, he retired, therefore, he double dipped, getting his pension from BHP and a salary from Temasek. If this is the case,he is duciplitous at best, and unworthy of beign a CEO of Temasek. When u have the same bunch of crony directors who hired Ho Jinx, and backed her thru billions of dollars in losses, what confidence do you have in them hiring a good CEO? None.

<style></style>I beg to differ.I know nothing much about Goodyear but Tamasek having lost billions over their strategy to bank on banks--- failed.The new mantra for investment companies is commodities and energy.BHP stands out as a leading mining/energy company that befits both as a commodity and energy with track record.Goodyear fits the bill for Tamasek--strategically.....So what went wrong?My guess is as good as yours.But I figure it has much to do with corporate culture.Almost akin to bringing in a professional to run a family owned company...the chemistry is purely confrontational ; at all levels.

I has seen this happened before.Even in a professionally run corporations.When the top gun resigns,the whole bunch of subordinate managers including their secretaries usually goes too.Because the new top dog would bring his/her team who can play ball with him.That is the reality.And accepted in management circles too since the new boss would not want to waste his time reinventing the wheel so as to speak.

Now,its an open secret Tamasek is a Familee owned company.People are there because Familee wants them there.Its that simple.Perhaps Goodyear did not understand that culture.On the other hand I am sure Goodyear would have been paid millions by an early termination clause.That would keep Goodyear mouth shut for now..

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even within Peesai, Ho Jinx already loss millions. She got a great track record.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho will not resign, if Tamasick is making billions, it's good politically too giving the Lees leverage on their despotic rule.

So when she hastily pack and leave when the company suffered the biggest loss ever, something is very bad and not made known to the public yet, Good Year must have discovered that and refuse to take the fall.

<style></style>I beg to differ.I know nothing much about Goodyear but Tamasek having lost billions over their strategy to bank on banks--- failed.The new mantra for investment companies is commodities and energy.BHP stands out as a leading mining/energy company that befits both as a commodity and energy with track record.Goodyear fits the bill for Tamasek--strategically.....So what went wrong?My guess is as good as yours.But I figure it has much to do with corporate culture.Almost akin to bringing in a professional to run a family owned company...the chemistry is purely confrontational ; at all levels.

I has seen this happened before.Even in a professionally run corporations.When the top gun resigns,the whole bunch of subordinate managers including their secretaries usually goes too.Because the new top dog would bring his/her team who can play ball with him.That is the reality.And accepted in management circles too since the new boss would not want to waste his time reinventing the wheel so as to speak.

Now,its an open secret Tamasek is a Familee owned company.People are there because Familee wants them there.Its that simple.Perhaps Goodyear did not understand that culture.On the other hand I am sure Goodyear would have been paid millions by an early termination clause.That would keep Goodyear mouth shut for now..