• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pathetic State of Sg Hospitals!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Evening of blunders at hospital
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I TOTALLY agree with the sentiment expressed in Ms Hemalatha Subramaniam's letter yesterday, "Mum's bad experience at KKH".
Last Thursday, I also had a bad experience at the accident and emergency unit of National University Hospital (NUH). What alarmed me was the attitude of the front-line nurses, who were unprofessional and incompetent.
That day, at about 1.30pm, I had blacked out and fell on a wash basin, which left a big cut on my forehead. I was rushed to the nearest clinic. As the cut was deep, the doctor put a temporary dressing and sent me to NUH.
I reached NUH at about 3pm but I managed to see a duty doctor only at about 4.30pm. I was told that I needed to be warded to sew up the wound and for monitoring. During the wait for my ward, I witnessed some blunders.
At about 6pm, nurse A changed my drip without ensuring that the saline was actually flowing through. I got nurse B to look at it and mentioned that there were air bubbles in the tube. Nurse B gave me a look of impatience before removing the bubbles.
Around 7pm, male nurse C at the admissions and discharge counter discharged a patient with a cannula in his arm. I had to get the patient to go back to remove it, and all nurse C had to say was: 'Oh, I forgot.'
I wanted to lodge a complaint against him for his negligence. But when I asked for his name, he replied: 'I didn't do anything wrong to you, so I have the right not to give you my name.'
I can live with poor standards of service, but this kind of negligence should never happen. Chia Han Seng

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Evening of blunders at hospital
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I TOTALLY agree with the sentiment expressed in Ms Hemalatha Subramaniam's letter yesterday, "Mum's bad experience at KKH".
Last Thursday, I also had a bad experience at the accident and emergency unit of National University Hospital (NUH). What alarmed me was the attitude of the front-line nurses, who were unprofessional and incompetent.
That day, at about 1.30pm, I had blacked out and fell on a wash basin, which left a big cut on my forehead. I was rushed to the nearest clinic. As the cut was deep, the doctor put a temporary dressing and sent me to NUH.
I reached NUH at about 3pm but I managed to see a duty doctor only at about 4.30pm. I was told that I needed to be warded to sew up the wound and for monitoring. During the wait for my ward, I witnessed some blunders.
At about 6pm, nurse A changed my drip without ensuring that the saline was actually flowing through. I got nurse B to look at it and mentioned that there were air bubbles in the tube. Nurse B gave me a look of impatience before removing the bubbles.
Around 7pm, male nurse C at the admissions and discharge counter discharged a patient with a cannula in his arm. I had to get the patient to go back to remove it, and all nurse C had to say was: 'Oh, I forgot.'
I wanted to lodge a complaint against him for his negligence. But when I asked for his name, he replied: 'I didn't do anything wrong to you, so I have the right not to give you my name.'
I can live with poor standards of service, but this kind of negligence should never happen. Chia Han Seng

I think the knock on Chia HS head must have hit something, they should have sew up his mouth as well as stich up the wounds.:rolleyes:

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also have this bad experience in ttsh about 2 yrs ago. My father was seriously ill, and has been hospitalised for few days. Then one afternoon, the doctor come to his bed, check on him, and tell me "he need to be sent to ICU now", then he walk away. I then stay around, and want to follow them if they moved my father to ICU. But I waited and waited... for 2 hours, within this 2 hours wait, I asked about 2-3 nurse... what is happenning , why is there such a long wait ?? and they all ask me to ask the doctor, they have no idea. I then ask them where to find the doctor or how to contact him , they tell me.. the doctor went to the walk in the ward, he will be back.

SHIT !!! :mad:

if i say somemore, will make me vomit :mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also have this bad experience in ttsh about 2 yrs ago. My father was seriously ill, and has been hospitalised for few days. Then one afternoon, the doctor come to his bed, check on him, and tell me "he need to be sent to ICU now", then he walk away. I then stay around, and want to follow them if they moved my father to ICU. But I waited and waited... for 2 hours, within this 2 hours wait, I asked about 2-3 nurse... what is happenning , why is there such a long wait ?? and they all ask me to ask the doctor, they have no idea. I then ask them where to find the doctor or how to contact him , they tell me.. the doctor went to the walk in the ward, he will be back.

SHIT !!! :mad:

if i say somemore, will make me vomit :mad:

Maybe the doctor, went to check on your IOU's? before transferring your dad to the ICU, which is very expensive, you know?:wink: and you can't pay the hospital, they wouldn't want to say to you...ICU now!