• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pathetic chinatown!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see any Chinese in Chinatown except those from PRC. All I see are bananas. Yellow on the outside, white on the inside. And that includes yours truly. Pathetic huh? Char_Ji_Kar?

no. u are not pathetic at all. why? because if u are in fact too westernized, and u admit it, and use the word banana on yourself, u are pretty okay in my book. gotta admit problem then could solve the problem.

but not many sporeans have the wisdom or gut to admit there are racial, cultural identity problem here in spore.

loeggusder

Alfrescian
Loyal
They took the "Chineseness" out of Chinatown and as someone mentioned 'sterilised" it. These beaurecrats only know how to modernise. tear down and rebuild.

They left little India alone because they couldnt be bothered. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise. The old Indian character still there-especially because of the temples.

Understand, its the top location for tourists to Singapore. Culture, food, shopping (mustafa) everything there.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
They took the "Chineseness" out of Chinatown and as someone mentioned 'sterilised" it. These beaurecrats only know how to modernise. tear down and rebuild.

They left little India alone because they couldnt be bothered. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise. The old Indian character still there-especially because of the temples.

Understand, its the top location for tourists to Singapore. Culture, food, shopping (mustafa) everything there.

I like the Indians and I like the Malays too. I respect the Hindus for taking up vegetarianism, and I find Indian vegetarian food is palatable as well.

And the Malays' social etiquette for the most part, is pretty refined, almost like the Japanese. Their food is pretty appealing too.

And both peoples speak much better English generally than most of the majority people, even in equal terms of relative education.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mean to be rude but Chinatown, seemed to be very traditional, conservative, poor and backward, like most of the Chinese who are there. In a word, not as cosmopolitan.

It's good your country's leadership opened up further and modernized that place a little.