• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pasir Ris Town Council & Dr Ahmad Madgad

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
TC lost almost half its capital in mini bonds. No apology or even honest mistake statement - instead MP Dr Ahmad was so arrogant to rebut that "you want to get FD interest"?
Also did Ahmad Madgad got his doctorate by studying for it? OR an honourary one in which case it is not a PAP norm to use the honorific publicly... I can accept OSIM boss using his Dr Ron Sim, etc but for public office bearer why is there a need to uplift one academic qualification this way? Imagine the entire parliament will all MP's having Dr this or Dr that!
=======

Curriculum Vitae

Ahmad Mohd Magad CV Photo

Name : Dr Ahmad bin Mohamed Magad (Member of Parliament)
Constituency : Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC
Party Affiliation
People’s Action Party
Place of Birth : Singapore
Date of Birth : 22-12-1952
Marital Status : Married
No of Children : 3
Religion : Islam

Educational Qualifications
1959-1964 PSLE (Haig Boys' School)
1965-1968 GCE `O' Level (Presbyterian High School)
1969-1970 GCE `A' Level (Presbyterian High School)
1971-1974 Ing. Grad. (Professional Diploma in Precision Engineering-Optics) Aalen Fachhochschule (Germany)
1986-1990 MBA Brunel University, UK
1992-1995 Advanced Postgrad. Diploma in Management (Consultancy Henley Management College)

Present Occupation
1988 Managing Director, II-VI Singapore Pte Ltd (American MNC)

Member of Parliament
02.01.1997 17.10.2001 Pasir Ris GRC
25.10.2001 19.04.2006 Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC
06.05.2006 Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC

Select Committees
Estimates Committee Member 9th Parliament, 1st Session
Administration of Muslim Law (Amendment) Bill Member 9th Parliament, 1st Session
Estimates Committee Member 9th Parliament, 2nd Session
Estimates Committee
Member 10th Parliament, 1st Session
Estimates Committee
Member 10th Parliament, 2nd Session
Estimates Committee
Member 11th Parliament, 1st Session
Estimates Committee Chairman 11th Parliament, 1st Session
(wef 23 July 2008)

Career
1974-1979 Training Officer, EDB
1979-1988 Engineering Manager, FJW Industries (American MNC)
1988-1988 Managing Director, Docter Optic Pte Ltd (German Co)

Other Appointments
1984 Member, Board of Directors and Advisory Committee, Precision Optics Training Centre
1995 Member, Singapore Productivity and Standards Board
1995-2001 Member, Board of Governors, Inst.of Technical Education
1997-2003 Member, Public Utilities Board
1997 Board Member and Chairman, Finance Committee of Second Chance Properties Limited
1999 President, Singapore Productivity Association
2001 Deputy Chairman, Board of Governors, Inst. of Technical Education
2001-2003 Member, Energy Market Authority

Private Sector Appointments
1997 Board Member and Chairman, Finance Committee, Second Chance Properties Limited

Interests
Stamp collecting, astronomy, photography, reading of business books

Acronyms
PSLE Primary School Leaving Examination
GCE ‘O’ Level Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level)
GCE ‘A’ Level Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advance Level)

Last edited:

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interests
Stamp collecting, astronomy, photography, reading of business books

:
:
:
:

From the interests, can know what type of person you dealing with.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Magad_A._1041487535.aspx

Dr. Ahmad Magad

Dr. Magad holds a Doctorate in Business Administration from Brunel University (UK), an MBA from Henley Management College/Brunel University (UK), an Advanced Post-Graduate Diploma in Management Consultancy (UK), and an Ing.Grad. (Graduate Engineer) in Optical Engineering from Fach Hochschule Aalen (Germany).He is a Fellow Member of CPA (Australia) and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK).

Also did Ahmad Madgad got his doctorate by studying for it? OR an honourary one in which case it is not a PAP norm to use the honorific publicly... I can accept OSIM boss using his Dr Ron Sim, etc but for public office bearer why is there a need to uplift one academic qualification this way? Imagine the entire parliament will all MP's having Dr this or Dr that!

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
too many dumb people around.

i voted for SDA(pasir ris- punggol GRC) during 2006, but i guess i have to suffer with the rest of the dumb idiots.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr. Ahmad Magad

Dr. Magad holds a Doctorate in Business Administration from Brunel University (UK), an MBA from Henley Management College/Brunel University (UK), an Advanced Post-Graduate Diploma in Management Consultancy (UK), and an Ing.Grad. (Graduate Engineer) in Optical Engineering from Fach Hochschule Aalen (Germany).He is a Fellow Member of CPA (Australia) and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK).

In the CV posted above I see only MBA from Brunel U. Which year did he get his Phd?

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr. Ahmad Magad

PhD via distance learning? I met lots of them ..... may I keep my silence?

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at the CV properly you will realise all some colleges were attached to the wrong qualifications. Probably the webmaster screwed up.

Wah mistake ah? Impossible. What if GIC and Temasek mix up put and call, 1 million with 10 billion? My god, this is division1 standard?

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
just wait and see...knn...hope all those Chairmah of TCs will kenna retrench in the next GE....by non MIWs i mean

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw it on TV last night. He tell the people 'what do you expect? You want us to put it in fixed deposits?'

To me, that is the funds that you collect every month to maintain/improve the facilities of Pasir Ris/Punggol. If you have obscene excesses, it means you are charging too much or not doing enough to improve the lives of the residents.

Yes, put it in FDs if you really don't know what to do about it. Not any type of riskier products. Greed is like that. When there's profit, you think they will plough it back to you?

Should apologise, but... Thanks 66.6%.

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw it on TV last night. He tell the people 'what do you expect? You want us to put it in fixed deposits?'

To me, that is the funds that you collect every month to maintain/improve the facilities of Pasir Ris/Punggol. If you have obscene excesses, it means you are charging too much or not doing enough to improve the lives of the residents.

Yes, put it in FDs if you really don't know what to do about it. Not any type of riskier products. Greed is like that. When there's profit, you think they will plough it back to you?

Should apologise, but... Thanks 66.6%.

Good question. I expect you to be fired.

klkang

Alfrescian
Loyal
This idiot. He think he is very smart. simple calculation shows they hold a few hundred million of funds and what did they do with these monies??? My flat at Tampines is still infested with red ants and mosquitoes....

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Curriculum Vitae

Ahmad Mohd Magad CV Photo

Name : Dr Ahmad bin Mohamed Magad (Member of Parliament)
Constituency : Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC
Party Affiliation
People’s Action Party
Place of Birth : Singapore
Date of Birth : 22-12-1952
Marital Status : Married
No of Children : 3
Religion : Islam

Educational Qualifications
1959-1964 PSLE (Haig Boys' School)
1965-1968 GCE `O' Level (Presbyterian High School)
1969-1970 GCE `A' Level (Presbyterian High School)
1971-1974 Ing. Grad. (Professional Diploma in Precision Engineering-Optics) Aalen Fachhochschule (Germany)
1986-1990 MBA Brunel University, UK
1992-1995 Advanced Postgrad. Diploma in Management (Consultancy Henley Management College)

Oh my goodness!!!! he is not even anywhere near Dr Chee. Many of my friends even have better qualifications than this one. Where did he came from? RC dogs, back door sneakers?

I am not looking down on his average qualifications but...his arrogant statement is just too annoying to be ingored.