• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP's logic on coronavirus testing is outright irresponsible

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you have a cluster especially in a domintory setting, testing should be 100% and quickly. 1 in 15 will not cut it. If someone is tested negative and go back to an environment whereby his colleagues have yet to be tested, he can still be infected the following day. We have over 300000 foreign workers in the domintorires and at the rate of 3000 tests a day which the minister proudly announced, it would about a year to test everyone. By then many tested negative earlier would be infected. On an average 1000 cases were detected a day which means one third of the foreign workers are already infected. This works out to be over 100000 are already infected and just waiting for the tests to confirm this. Of course the one year period to complete the test means that many would have recovered by the tests are conducted on them.
In Korea the cluster at the church with over 200000 members, tests were completed a 100%,over 2 weeks, which is about 20000 tests a day.
Still gold standard and doing good job? What do you think?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The tests are just for show because even if you test negative today you could well test positive a few days later.

One of my colleagues in Auckland went for testing because he did not feel well. He tested negative and was sent home and told to self isolate. A few days later he had not improved so he went for another test and he still tested negative despite feeling ill for over a week. It was only upon performing the 3rd test 5 days later that he finally tested positive.

Even if all 300,000 workers were tested within a day it would mean nothing because the situation would be different a week later.

The virus is very mild and very widespread so all the testing doesn't achieve much. All it does contribute to a database that serves no purpose.

It is just a matter of time before the majority of the world is infected but for most there will be no symptoms or very mild symptoms. Only a small % will become seriously ill and an even smaller percentage will die. This is the same with any disease so don't worry too much about it.

Valium

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just assume all 300000 are positive, move to St John island! Ginfreely also move there, 300k cocks daily.....

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The dormitory workers must be 100% tested. PAP is playing with our lives and putting out lives at risks.
We need an Ombudsman.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you have a cluster especially in a domintory setting, testing should be 100% and quickly. 1 in 15 will not cut it. If someone is tested negative and go back to an environment whereby his colleagues have yet to be tested, he can still be infected the following day. We have over 300000 foreign workers in the domintorires and at the rate of 3000 tests a day which the minister proudly announced, it would about a year to test everyone. By then many tested negative earlier would be infected. On an average 1000 cases were detected a day which means one third of the foreign workers are already infected. This works out to be over 100000 are already infected and just waiting for the tests to confirm this. Of course the one year period to complete the test means that many would have recovered by the tests are conducted on them.
In Korea the cluster at the church with over 200000 members, tests were completed a 100%,over 2 weeks, which is about 20000 tests a day.
Testing is just a formality if we going to isolate all of them any way. :cool:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Singaporeans should stop pretending like they care so much about thwae foreign workers in dorms.

If you really care then offer to host a worker who has tested negative today. Help them get out of the dorm

If you say oh no they should stay quarantined in the dorms then it is all just hot air.

Can you imagine if govt did the same for a whole condo estate? All cannot leave the condo?

It is essentially even worse for these workers. Does it matter how many you test now? Not really!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are three distinct groups of sinkies. There the bleeding hearts like fat Han, the everything PAP do is wrong oppie like TS and then there are those 8pm balcony singers, clappers like the 70%. All these however beats the say nothing do nothing wrong approach of the workers party who neither demonstrated initiative no showed leadership in this crisis. Its no wonder this country is going to the dogs. :frown:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r engineer ah.... so clever...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The tests are just for show because even if you test negative today you could well test positive a few days later.

One of my colleagues in Auckland went for testing because he did not feel well. He tested negative and was sent home and told to self isolate. A few days later he had not improved so he went for another test and he still tested negative despite feeling ill for over a week. It was only upon performing the 3rd test 5 days later that he finally tested positive.

Even if all 300,000 workers were tested within a day it would mean nothing because the situation would be different a week later.

The virus is very mild and very widespread so all the testing doesn't achieve much. All it does contribute to a database that serves no purpose.

It is just a matter of time before the majority of the world is infected but for most there will be no symptoms or very mild symptoms. Only a small % will become seriously ill and an even smaller percentage will die. This is the same with any disease so don't worry too much about it.

PAP has been very responsible in aggressively testing the serfs.

It's clear that vast majority of sinkies are not infected. Despite whatever CB measures, the malls are still crowded with people buying groceries, food and personal hygiene products. The hawker centers and wet markets are still busy. Even before CB, the public transport system was packed with locals, most not wearing masks. No massive outbreak on all cases.

It is quite clear by now that the infection is running wild only amongst the serfs and no one else, including the dumb oppie theory about the serfs' pinoy girlfriends getting infected through sex.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I'm very sure of that. However, the world may take a long time be become used to that idea. Until we all get used to it, frequent lockdowns and movement control orders will be imposed. I suspect the global economy for the next few years is TOAST. If people can accept that WuFlu will become endemic and no amount of lockdowns can eradicate it, then I think the economy can have a chance to recover fully. But that is based on HOPE!!

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm very sure of that. However, the world may take a long time be become used to that idea. Until we all get used to it, frequent lockdowns and movement control orders will be imposed. I suspect the global economy for the next few years is TOAST. If people can accept that WuFlu will become endemic and no amount of lockdowns can eradicate it, then I think the economy can have a chance to recover fully. But that is based on HOPE!!

patience my friend..... most ppl will have mental problems after 3 months locked at home....
the govt simply cant allow the economy spiral down out of control and the population to get lazy...
sooner or later the media will be under orders to downplay the lethality of the virus, and life will go back to maybe 80% normal

one thing i dont understand is, if the virus is deadly only to the elderly like boss sam say
why almost 58k died in usa? are they all elderly? or because all obese?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's clear that vast majority of sinkies are not infected.
Wait till every Singaporean and every household managed to get hold of a test kit. You will see the whole bunch of useless Minitoots going on mass Hara Kiri and then Ho Jinx found hung in the man's toilet, all of which done in shame and guilt.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Why on earth are you so pessimistic? Just relax. Everything will be fine.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take whatever Sam say wrt Covid with a tub of salt