• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPee Dogs Still Live in Ivory Tower!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Shifting gears to woo F1 fans
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>STB packing 'quality' activities into shortened GP Season; hotels drop minimum-stay requirement, slash room rates </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Lim Wei Chean
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->NO MORE sky-high hotel rates for fans of the Singapore Grand Prix (GP) this year.
Gone too - or cut back - will be the requirement that the race fan book a room for a minimum number of nights.
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) will also make some changes to the programme: The 'GP Season' will be shortened from three weeks to 10 days and packed with 'quality' events.
STB will also put extra effort into pulling in non-F1 fans who may want to come here to soak up the electric atmosphere and also pack in shopping and sightseeing. Tie-ups with retail and tourist spots are on the cards.
These changes are a result of lessons drawn from what worked out less than well last year. But because of the global economic crisis, the tweaks will not necessarily put a shine on the numbers - be they room takings, number of visitors or how much they spend in that September race week.
Hoteliers have tamped down their expectations. They have held out early-bird offers with attractive room rates and dropped or shrunk the minimum-stay requirement.
A Fairmont Singapore spokesman, noting that there were more queries than bookings, said F1 fans are 'definitely shopping around' this year.
Hotels like Meritus Mandarin and Rendezvous Hotel have extended their special offers till next month; still others like Amara Sanctuary have put no end-date on their offers. Rendezvous Hotel manager Kellvin Ong said, instead of looking towards having a high room rate to offset low occupancy, the hotel will sacrifice room rates for occupancy.
What a difference a year makes.
Hotels set sky-high rates last year and bore the brunt of the complaints for it. Rooms overlooking the race track in Marina Bay were priced at more than $1,500 a night - and only if a booking was made for at least five nights at that; rates for rooms further afield cost between $550 and $1,500 for a minimum of three nights' stay.
When the bonanza that hoteliers expected did not come, they were forced to drop rates to get race fans to fill their rooms; they had by then lost their regular business clients, who stayed away.
STB admitted to reporters that the going will be tough this year. It has, however, kept its targets from last year: 100,000 visitors to F1, 40 per cent of them from overseas.
Mr Edmund Chua, STB's assistant chief executive of the destination experience group, said that last year, visitors had the impression that nothing else was happening outside of the race. This year, more will be organised on the sidelines.
Ms Margaret Teo, STB assistant chief executive of the development group, added that getting funding and sponsorship this year was tougher too.
Despite these difficulties, a Singapore GP spokesman was optimistic. Ticket sales have been encouraging, he said, with more than half the tickets in a number of categories sold and five early-bird categories sold out.
[email protected]
<HR SIZE=1 width="50%">

Highlights
HERE are some of the events lined up for this year's Singapore Grand Prix season:
Sept 18 to 27: Asia on the Edge
This festival, staged by The Arts House, features events that focus on the art of design, fashion, food and craftsmanship.
Sept 25 to Oct 25: Britto in Singapore
An exhibition of more than 60 works by Brazilian pop artist Romero Britto on Orchard Road, organised by the Opera Gallery.
Sept 15 to Oct 9: The First Night Race Outdoor Photo Exhibition
A free public exhibition featuring pictures taken of last year's race by French photographer Paul-Henri Cahier.
Sept 21: Evening with Il Divo
A concert by the world-famous group featuring a new high-tech stage and a digital light show.
Sept 26 to 27: Amber Lounge
An exclusive party where those invited can catch a glimpse of F1 drivers, famous models and celebrities. For details and a full listing, go to www.visitsingapore.com/sgpseason/

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
F1 fucking waste of time, block traffic, spoil business

Only Pinkerton ah guas like to watch toy cars driving in circles

Only thing good about F1 is the race queen, but not in Singapore cos the Singapoire race queen see already vomit blood.

Better import the Korean and the Shanghai ones

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
But won't the F1 bring more business to your eating house?

Oo aneah boh?

FTs who can afford to pay tons of money will go to genuinely good eating establishments to eat Ho Liao. Not reinforced concrete roadside (aka Alfresco) kopitiams where you can enjoy the view of a construction site and breath in the farts from SBS buses.

beshitted's PRCs confirm dun know nuts about fine cuisine and French wines.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very funny leh... he bashes western culture but runs a French eating house

Maybe he serves french toast and french fries? PRC and Burmese can prepare these, no problem...

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very funny leh... he bashes western culture but runs a French eating house

Maybe he serves french toast and french fries? PRC and Burmese can prepare these, no problem...

sneaky bastard.

anybody who is too free can go and check history. since when ever i ran FRENCH eating house

no FRENCH

you mother fucker, try to mislead by introducing this useless ah gua Western element

You must be another fucking Pinkerton

your name is not ah guan but ah gua

fucking faggot, like the French so much fuck off to Paris and suck French dick lah

sound like a fucking cheebye SPG, whole life sucking French dick

Go jump off the fucking Eiffel Tower

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oo aneah boh?

FTs who can afford to pay tons of money will go to genuinely good eating establishments to eat Ho Liao. Not reinforced concrete roadside (aka Alfresco) kopitiams where you can enjoy the view of a construction site and breath in the farts from SBS buses.

Yeah, i dont run high-class restaurant. Mine is budget one.

I already said before, those too free can check history

Angmoh can keep thier money, I'm not fucking interested iun their business

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
sneaky bastard.

anybody who is too free can go and check history. since when ever i ran FRENCH eating house

no FRENCH

you mother fucker, try to mislead by introducing this useless ah gua Western element

You must be another fucking Pinkerton

your name is not ah guan but ah gua

fucking faggot, like the French so much fuck off to Paris and suck French dick lah

sound like a fucking cheebye SPG, whole life sucking French dick

Go jump off the fucking Eiffel Tower

Aiyooh... why so angry today? The wind blew away your plastic chairs again?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is so interesting about car driving round in circle.
i do not get the sport.

It's not the racing that is interesting ! Racing is sideshow !

It's the money that the people involved that will be pocketing that is more interesting !

Do you think people who are shopping is interesting ?

Or the one selling it is more ?

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah only asshole born loser will forever live in poverty....:rolleyes:

You mean yourself? Poor boy!

Go suck more powerful cocks if you want to get out of your poverty state...

Being assed around here by so many doesn't make you richer leh, only your asshole getting bigger, pang sai time just lau nia, no anal muscle control liao...

Poor TLLM asshole boy!!!

:biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I meant born loser asshole like you..........

Why should I, I just love to tickler bornloser asshole cannot meh......

Yeah you are right ........assing asshole like you don't make me rich....but it give me fun.........seeing you jumping mad each time I assed you......

if not why are u giving me this :oIo: ha ha ha.....:biggrin:

I give you the finger because you are a disgusting festering asshole who is asking to be poked by many big long dicks!?!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
that show that you are being irrated by my constant assing your back side.....he he he.......fun rite.......:biggrin:

Hahahaha! I think you are the one who kena assed very hard by me, thus have to create Tiu variants woh to take me on...

Tsk! Tsk!

I alone can take down dozens or hundreds of your Tiu Clones...

Because you are a weak limpy cock torn asshole gay boy, can never stand up to a good fight with uncle me!

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah......remember I assed you first.....and forever assed my me....he he... got to change your name to assholecheng first ok.....instead of vendetta...

Ucler assholecheng is your new nick ok.......

Neh neh ker putt putt......I pest you whenever to you talk cock.....he he he...:biggrin::p

Pussy face finally appeared! Busy sucking cocks all morning ehh!

Here is one more for your asshole!!!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha ha I assed asshole anytime I want leh.....what assholecheng waiting for me to ass har......... No busy sucking your loumoh's cheebye and sister's cunt .......he he he ...... don't get angry hor as you said it is fun.....

Asshole TLLM, I just fucked your old mother loose cunt and shoot loads of cum into her... Maybe very soon you will have little TLLM baby brother to accompany you liao! Hehehehe!

:biggrin: