• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP to spend $63 million on S'pore nuclear capabilities. What retards.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
How fucking moronic can the Pappies get?

After Chernobyl and Fukushima, countries far bigger and more advanced in nuclear technology are already moving away from nuclear power plants because it's becoming clear that the risks far outweigh the benefits. Since Fukushima, nine major reactors have been closed in the US, with another 38 in 23 states facing early closures. The US NRC recently ruled that a plan to build two new reactors in Texas was illegal. By Sep 2013, Japan had turned off all nuclear reactors in the nation.

Nuclear may be 'clean' in terms of carbon emissions, but disposal of nuclear wastes remains a perennial problem, and meltdowns present a clear and present danger in ageing reactors. Experts can't agree to what extent that nuclear wastes have already contaminated our water, soil and air, but they all agree it's huge. And even a kindergarten kid can tell you what a meltdown will do to 5.5 million people packed like sardines on an 710 sq km outcrop.

And these fuckin' fools wanna rush in where angels fear to tread!

it will be a collaboration with malaysia at iskandar. dont worry too much, even if you got hard cash, there aint so much vendors standing outside the gate to push the drugs. in any case, i wont be seeing it happen in my lifetime. so goodluck to you all, it's your problem to solve.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think we are fucked. :(

http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2013/12/20/southeast-asia-going-nuclear/

Significantly, Japan’s Nuclear Accident Independent Investigation Commission report noted that Japanese cultural conventions such as ‘reflexive obedience’, ‘stick with the programme’ insular perspectives, cliquish behaviour and the tendency not to question authority could have an impact on safety management and governance. Such attitudes can also characterise Southeast Asian societies beyond Indonesia and highlight a major risk as nuclear power plant development moves ahead.

For Singapore, the commissioning of neighbouring nuclear power plants in southern Johor or Bangka would represent a significant risk, even if these sites are stable from the seismic perspective. Although advocates of nuclear power technology, especially the exporters of nuclear power plants, argue that the technology used will be more advanced than in the Fukushima reactors, they have not focused on Southeast Asia’s bureaucratic culture of obedience and deference, as well as the willingness to take short cuts and compromise on quality and efficiency.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the harder reality is within the next 15-20 years when major exporters like saudi and venezuala runs out of oil. do we have a choice? what is there to fear of fear itself?

a headstart now to learn and acquire key energy knowledge will be critical. i think it is not we have not done enough, in general, we have always moved away from power consuming industries like automobiles to lighter industries, to other processes like banking and financial. but the cost to manufacture if skyrocket due to implosion of the oil industry and elevated oil prices will change the game.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How are they going to cool the nuclear rods?..............using their mouths?

And how do they seal the nuclear rods?..............using cable ties?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the harder reality is within the next 15-20 years when major exporters like saudi and venezuala runs out of oil. do we have a choice? what is there to fear of fear itself?

a headstart now to learn and acquire key energy knowledge will be critical. i think it is not we have not done enough, in general, we have always moved away from power consuming industries like automobiles to lighter industries, to other processes like banking and financial. but the cost to manufacture if skyrocket due to implosion of the oil industry and elevated oil prices will change the game.

The Myth of Peak Oil
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/03/29/the-myth-of-peak-oil/

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

don't worry bro.................peak oil is a scam proven long long ago...........

oil is produced by the mantle..............it'll never run out..........

i know a long-time employee at Shell if depleted oil wells do refill after being ''rested'' and he asked me how i know that !

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
wun run out? they're hitting shales nowadays.. you don often hear about new fields anymore.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't worry bro.................peak oil is a scam proven long long ago...........

i know a long-time employee at Shell if depleted oil wells do refill after being ''rested'' and he asked me how i know that !

Besides, if technology and science advances we may have zero point energy.

There's good and bad in nuclear energy power plants. However, my stance is: if you can't master cold fusion, forget about fission. That's like trying to run before you learn how to walk. You will fall down and hurt yourself.

I believe some greedy bastards on both sides of the Causeway are thinking of raking in the big bucks by constructing a joint venture nuclear power plant. Not an earthquake zone, so it should be safe, they must have reasoned. :rolleyes:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wun run out? they're hitting shales nowadays.. you don often hear about new fields anymore.

don't worry................Falklands alone has more oil than Saudi Arabia...............that's why the Argentines invaded back in 1982.................BP already knew before that...........

Alaska, Gulf of Mexico, northern USA and Russia combines easily more oil than whole Middle East..........

old oil wells will replenish one................

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What they say about the Asian culture of buereaucratic obelience and deference is true and even more so in Singapore. Many Asian airlines crashes have been shown to be a result of this very factor in the cockpit culture. Can you imagine a place where the media is controlled by the govt., where truth is suppressed and anything that makes the govt. look bad is routinely censored out, and this govt. operates a nuclear reactor. U will never get a China Syndrome type expose by the press. Imagine the fucking PAP thru the shit useless NEA are already lying about something as simple as the pollution haze index PPI. Imagine how they will lie if there is a radiation leak.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ZiQUOTE=GOD IS MY DOG;1858355]don't worry bro.................peak oil is a scam proven long long ago...........

i know a long-time employee at Shell if depleted oil wells do refill after being ''rested'' and he asked me how i know that ![/QUOTE]

AmaZing how do these wells refill themselves?do the oil particles duplicate themselves like bacteria or algae?will 5 liter of 97 in my petroleum tank become 10 liter if I let it rest?

Last edited:

topspin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What they say about the Asian culture of buereaucratic obelience and deference is true and even more so in Singapore. Many Asian airlines crashes have been shown to be a result of this very factor in the cockpit culture. Can you imagine a place where the media is controlled by the govt., where truth is suppressed and anything that makes the govt. look bad is routinely censored out, and this govt. operates a nuclear reactor. U will never get a China Syndrome type expose by the press. Imagine the fucking PAP thru the shit useless NEA are already lying about something as simple as the pollution haze index PPI. Imagine how they will lie if there is a radiation leak.

Humchee your CCB is the pollution so better go for your papsmear.