• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP To Open Underground Link From Cityhall MRT To Funan In Dec 2021! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1640009198537.png

CapitaLand announced that a "highly-anticipated" underground pedestrian link connecting Funan with nearby amenities will open this month (Dec. 2021).

The pedestrian link will provide sheltered passage to City Hall MRT station, said CapitaLand in an announcement on its website today (Dec. 20).

The 100-metre pedestrian link will connect Basement 2 of Funan Mall to City Hall MRT station, said CapitaLand.

Previously, media reports from 2017 said that the pedestrian link could potentially link to The Adelphi, Peninsula Plaza, and St. Andrew's Cathedral.

The new pedestrian link connects Funan to the existing underground pedestrian link at City Hall MRT, a CapitaLand representative confirmed to Mothership. Thus, access to nearby buildings, such as Raffles City, St Andrew's Cathedral, and Capitol Singapore will be through their existing entrances/exits.

The underpass was reportedly expected to be completed in 2020.

Funan went through a three-year renovation and reopened in 2019 as a mixed-use development touting features such as an indoor cycling track.

Pedestrian link to showcase local artwork
The pedestrian link will also have "a dual function" as a platform to showcase works by the local art community, according to CapitaLand Investment CEO of Retail and Workspace for Singapore and Malaysia, Chris Chong.

Artworks by by fashion photographer Shavonne Wong and tech artist Eugene Soh will be among works to be showcased in Funan's pedestrian link as part of next year's Singapore Art Week, which will take place from Jan. 14 to Feb. 13, 2022.

https://mothership.sg/2021/12/funan-underpass-city-hall-mrt-dec-2021/

Reactions: jw5

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have there been many retail casualties inside Funan? Some of the restaurants on the outer perimeter of the mall are kaput.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is great news! :thumbsup::biggrin:

If oppies were in power, we won't even have rain shelters, let alone aircon tunnels connecting our train stations to shopping malls. I remember back then, oppies were vehemently against any Home Improvement Program by the PAP, citing reasons that infrastructure upgrades and expansion would only lead to increase in housing prices and rentals.

Reactions: jw5

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dig dig dig

No wonder keep flooding

Was that the reason why the Funan-Peninsula Plaza road junction has been dug up for so long?

Initially I though they were expanding the road width or laying cables, but the duration seemed a bit too long for that.

jw5

Loyal
Have there been many retail casualties inside Funan? Some of the restaurants on the outer perimeter of the mall are kaput.

Most still going strong. There's a restaurant inside Funan Mall (which shall remain nameless for now) that serves terrible food, which has somehow survived for a couple of years now. I am watching it closely. :rolleyes::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
If oppies were in power, we won't even have rain shelters, let alone aircon tunnels connecting our train stations to shopping malls. I remember back then, oppies were vehemently against any Home Improvement Program by the PAP, citing reasons that infrastructure upgrades and expansion would only lead to increase in housing prices and rentals.

Without the PAP in charge, we should definitely worry. :wink:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This one I give it to the PAP, new toilets after the upgrading is good! A lot of my kakis and I are happy with our new thrones, can even fit the bidet.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank goodness for PAP, if not for them we will be like these filthy animals in India.

1640012037456.png

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This one I give it to the PAP, new toilets after the upgrading is good! A lot of my kakis and I are happy with our new thrones, can even fit the bidet.

Remember to vote for PAP Victor Lye in the next GE!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This link or tunnel is built with PAP's own money?
Losses by Temasek can build how many such tunnels, not to mention hospitals ,schools ect2

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GaoFar

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are their jobs or duties.
They are elected to work for the people.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should dig more to close the loop and complete the circle.

City Hall MRT - Citylink Mall - Esplanade/Suntec - MBS - Marina Bay Link Mall - Raffles Place MRT - Funan - City Hall MRT.

Colored parts are segments that might be more challenging for the engineers.

If done properly people can walk/run/cycle along the basement corridors and get to another location without getting to the street level.