• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP said foreigners are welcomed to take jobs away from Sinkies. Sinkies not happy can fuck off

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee: Sending back foreign expats will result in fewer jobs and opportunities for SGs
Correspondent by Correspondent 9 November 2020 4 min read
PM Lee Hsien Loong speaking at PAP's biennial conference on 8 Nov 2020

Speaking at the People’s Action Party (PAP) biennial conference yesterday (8 Nov), Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong acknowledged the worry Singaporeans have about job competition coming from “foreign talents”.

He said he fully understood the pressures faced by Singaporeans with regard to foreign work pass holders competing against Singaporeans for jobs in Singapore.

Singaporean workers must feel reassured that the Government will help them hold their own against foreign competition, and that they are fairly treated, PM Lee said. Failing to do so will lead to a lot of “angst and social tension”.

But the Government must also convince Singaporeans that the best way to protect livelihoods and families is to keep Singapore open for talent and business, he added.

He cautioned, “If we just close ourselves up and send away the work pass holders, it will result in fewer jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans, and more hardship for our workers and their families.”

Singaporean PMETs driving Grab

Meanwhile, even without sending away the foreign work pass holders, Singaporean PMETs (Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians) are presently struggling to find jobs.

In a media interview in Feb this year, Jeff (not his real name) who is 49 revealed that he became unemployed last year after he was retrenched from a multinational company. While looking for a new job, he sent out over 500 job applications to numerous companies but only managed to obtain 1 response (Retrenched SG gets only 1 response from 500 job applications; Heng says to “upskill”).

And this was even after he began applying for jobs that offered about $2,000 a month, which is about one third of his $5,900 monthly pay he got while working for the multinational company.

“I have worked for 26 years and so far I’ve only joined three companies. I’m not a job hopper, I’m not the kind to leave for higher pay… It’s very simple, I just need a job to move on with my life,” said Jeff, who needs to get a job because he has a wife, two children and his parents to support at home.

Another PMET interviewed was Alan Lim, 52, who was retrenched by StarHub two years ago. In fact, Alan had been with Starhub for 2 decades and last held the position of senior account manager, drawing $10,000 a month.

He then went for a handful of interviews but continued to be rejected by companies, even though he was asking for only $4,000 a month, a 60 per cent cut from his pay at StarHub.

Faced with multiple rejections, Alan ended up driving Grab instead. He said, “I didn’t want to waste too much of my time. I felt that it was better for me to focus on driving Grab because that’s the only way for (older workers) like us (to earn a living) and that is the only job that is suitable.”

Alan now drives Grab up to 10 hours a day.

Govt thinks retrenched Singaporeans don’t have relevant skills

But the government thinks the reason these middle age Singaporeans couldn’t get a job is due to the fact that they do not have the relevant skills in today’s “knowledge-based economy”.

Earlier this year in Parliament, DPM Heng Swee Keat said, “Born in the 1960s or 1970s, they grew up in a time when our economy was just starting to take off. When they started work, it was normal, even celebrated, to stay with one job, in one company, for life.”

And added, “Some workers in their 40s and 50s have not seen any job or career changes since leaving school, or had the chance to upskill earlier. But they are now facing greater competition, from younger workers and workers overseas. I understand their anxiety.”

To help these workers, Heng announced a “SkillsFuture Mid-Career Support Package”. It remains to be seen how effective the government’s “SkillsFuture” programmes would be in helping retrenched Singaporean PMETs to get jobs.

But not all retrenchments were caused by Singaporeans lacking of skill sets. In Mar this year, a 40-year-old Singaporean was let go from an international finance firm due to her foreign boss intending to replace her with another foreign expat (‘Woman retrenched in favour of foreign talent, MOM says it can’t help‘).

In an effort to cut costs, the company had combined two roles and chose to replace her with a “foreign talent” who was brought over from another branch in the region – essentially an intra-company transferree.

When the Singaporean asked her boss why she was not retained, he told her that he had evaluated both their performances and felt the “foreign talent” was a “better fit” for the company.

She said, “This is not a skill set issue. I agree that some local workers may need to do some re-skilling but that is not the case for me. It’s only fair that you look at my credentials, I have a Master’s in Accountancy.”

She later filed a complaint against the company to Manpower Ministry (MOM). It’s not known if MOM has issued an Employment Pass (EP) for the foreigner taking over her place.

In any case, it would be hard for this Singaporean to believe PM Lee that sending away the foreign work pass holders will “result in fewer jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans”

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap will never change
only when they lose power via general election, then they will
as long as they get to win power every 5 years, same same story one lah
u lose job, too bad. u die your own problem. we elites have many properties to rent out. we need foreigners to rent them. otherwise our elite assets will depreciate.
haaaa

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing to do with meritocracy. It's a numbers game. Part and parcel of the Population White Paper masterplan.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
God bless my darling kirsten Han for agreeing with PAP and supporting jobs for FTs and NS for sinkie losers!

535BFEDA-D21F-4C1D-AEAF-394815DD72C9.jpeg
BAAFF7E1-6340-4549-BBBA-C2CE2355E8A2.jpeg
9B103AF8-4FD4-458E-83B2-4144C09B4C5E.jpeg
0914D433-5159-4C7C-BD83-A2B3ABF85AAA.jpeg
7E6B5E43-FC8D-451C-9B85-F8B235884B37.gif

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking Pinky. This is his multi millon dollars paycheck PMship to create jobs but not relied on foreigners... Knn motherfucker...

If he can't do it resign. There are more capable Singaporeans can take over his jobs....

PM Lee: Sending back foreign expats will result in fewer jobs and opportunities for SGs
Correspondent by Correspondent 9 November 2020 4 min read

Speaking at the People’s Action Party (PAP) biennial conference yesterday (8 Nov), Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong acknowledged the worry Singaporeans have about job competition coming from “foreign talents”.

He said he fully understood the pressures faced by Singaporeans with regard to foreign work pass holders competing against Singaporeans for jobs in Singapore.

Singaporean workers must feel reassured that the Government will help them hold their own against foreign competition, and that they are fairly treated, PM Lee said. Failing to do so will lead to a lot of “angst and social tension”.

But the Government must also convince Singaporeans that the best way to protect livelihoods and families is to keep Singapore open for talent and business, he added.

He cautioned, “If we just close ourselves up and send away the work pass holders, it will result in fewer jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans, and more hardship for our workers and their families.”

Singaporean PMETs driving Grab

Meanwhile, even without sending away the foreign work pass holders, Singaporean PMETs (Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians) are presently struggling to find jobs.

In a media interview in Feb this year, Jeff (not his real name) who is 49 revealed that he became unemployed last year after he was retrenched from a multinational company. While looking for a new job, he sent out over 500 job applications to numerous companies but only managed to obtain 1 response (Retrenched SG gets only 1 response from 500 job applications; Heng says to “upskill”).

And this was even after he began applying for jobs that offered about $2,000 a month, which is about one third of his $5,900 monthly pay he got while working for the multinational company.

“I have worked for 26 years and so far I’ve only joined three companies. I’m not a job hopper, I’m not the kind to leave for higher pay… It’s very simple, I just need a job to move on with my life,” said Jeff, who needs to get a job because he has a wife, two children and his parents to support at home.

Another PMET interviewed was Alan Lim, 52, who was retrenched by StarHub two years ago. In fact, Alan had been with Starhub for 2 decades and last held the position of senior account manager, drawing $10,000 a month.

He then went for a handful of interviews but continued to be rejected by companies, even though he was asking for only $4,000 a month, a 60 per cent cut from his pay at StarHub.

Faced with multiple rejections, Alan ended up driving Grab instead. He said, “I didn’t want to waste too much of my time. I felt that it was better for me to focus on driving Grab because that’s the only way for (older workers) like us (to earn a living) and that is the only job that is suitable.”

Alan now drives Grab up to 10 hours a day.

Govt thinks retrenched Singaporeans don’t have relevant skills

But the government thinks the reason these middle age Singaporeans couldn’t get a job is due to the fact that they do not have the relevant skills in today’s “knowledge-based economy”.

Earlier this year in Parliament, DPM Heng Swee Keat said, “Born in the 1960s or 1970s, they grew up in a time when our economy was just starting to take off. When they started work, it was normal, even celebrated, to stay with one job, in one company, for life.”

And added, “Some workers in their 40s and 50s have not seen any job or career changes since leaving school, or had the chance to upskill earlier. But they are now facing greater competition, from younger workers and workers overseas. I understand their anxiety.”

To help these workers, Heng announced a “SkillsFuture Mid-Career Support Package”. It remains to be seen how effective the government’s “SkillsFuture” programmes would be in helping retrenched Singaporean PMETs to get jobs.

But not all retrenchments were caused by Singaporeans lacking of skill sets. In Mar this year, a 40-year-old Singaporean was let go from an international finance firm due to her foreign boss intending to replace her with another foreign expat (‘Woman retrenched in favour of foreign talent, MOM says it can’t help‘).

In an effort to cut costs, the company had combined two roles and chose to replace her with a “foreign talent” who was brought over from another branch in the region – essentially an intra-company transferree.

When the Singaporean asked her boss why she was not retained, he told her that he had evaluated both their performances and felt the “foreign talent” was a “better fit” for the company.

She said, “This is not a skill set issue. I agree that some local workers may need to do some re-skilling but that is not the case for me. It’s only fair that you look at my credentials, I have a Master’s in Accountancy.”

She later filed a complaint against the company to Manpower Ministry (MOM). It’s not known if MOM has issued an Employment Pass (EP) for the foreigner taking over her place.

In any case, it would be hard for this Singaporean to believe PM Lee that sending away the foreign work pass holders will “result in fewer jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans”

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN how dare he asked for $4000 a month at 52 KNN my uncle think that's robbery KNN

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies end up Screwrity, grab and Panda, while Sinkies daughters end up washing backside in hospitals. Haha

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky has this derange mental health problem to copy 5 eyes ideas but not creative to start his own. Balless.

The last 25 years was to use population growth and steal talents to drive the economy. Then construction of residential properties and rent seeking to drive the economy. Thats it.

It's all started after the dot-com crash in 2003 was to get fake degree Indian IT cheater ahnehs to replace local IT System Administrators jobs.

So now most jobs are web base knowledge IT jobs and what will he do about it?

pap will never change
only when they lose power via general election, then they will
as long as they get to win power every 5 years, same same story one lah
u lose job, too bad. u die your own problem. we elites have many properties to rent out. we need foreigners to rent them. otherwise our elite assets will depreciate.
haaaa

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other profound PAP logic.....

GST hike will help the poor:.....

“So when we implement the GST increase… it is a package which will fully offset the impact of the GST for these groups and begin to strengthen the social safety nets and tilt the balance in favour of the lower income Singaporeans.”

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Senior Account Manager at Suckhub can earn $10k. Who says no good jobs for Sinkies.... in the past?!

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with meritocracy. It's a numbers game. Part and parcel of the Population White Paper masterplan.
It's a joke that people or pap still use the old story ft created good jobs for Singaporean.
They should just honestly said ft is here to compete with locals.
If locals cannot buck up and government let you die your business.
At least government should be honest.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Senior Account Manager at Suckhub can earn $10k. Who says no good jobs for Sinkies.... in the past?!
Earning $10k in a manager job after 20 years is nothing surprising
Moreover it is Starhub and he hold a senior sales account manager position.
I have friends holding this position earning more.
This is Singapore supposed a first class first world highest cost country.
In fact it is surprising we can find jobs paying $5 an hour here

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I must be daft, because I can't understand the logic.

“If we just close ourselves up and send away the work pass holders, it will result in fewer jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans, and more hardship for our workers and their families.”

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must be daft, because I can't understand the logic.

“If we just close ourselves up and send away the work pass holders, it will result in fewer jobs and opportunities for Singaporeans, and more hardship for our workers and their families.”
We need an honest government.
If they make policy have to let us know real issues not smoke screen
I am not saying all policies are must 100 % benefits singaporean only.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot compete, get out! That's meritocracy!
Meritocracy is about citizens competing among themselves. Not with foreigners who have no obligation to the country whatsoever eg NS. Infact citizens must be be given priority. No difference what a country club member pays a lower green fee compared to a visitor or breaktalk giving discount to their own employees. That is the privilege of a citizen or a club member or employee.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pappy dogs should just come clean and say these foreign trash are necessary because they will be piss and poop's future voters.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
We need an honest government.
If they make policy have to let us know real issues not smoke screen
I am not saying all policies are must 100 % benefits singaporean only.
All policies MUST 100% benefit sinkieland and sinkies, else why we need government for?