• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Kenna FUCKED By Catherine.....BIG TIME Fucking!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[COLOR="_______"]As it stands, the environment in this country does not allow for an open discussion of serious matters, let alone disruption. For example, there are no political clubs. In the past we had the Socratic Circle and the Roundtable. Nothing of that kind exists, not even in the universities. There is no foment, no excitement amongst students. To me this apathy is a bad sign because social and political awareness usually begins in the tertiary educational institutions.

Instead, everything is now on the Internet, which I am wary of, because there is a lot of scurrilous rubbish online under the cover of anonymity.[/COLOR]

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Catherine's article is a timely reminder for all those Oppo sympathisers and optimists, who think the next GE will be a watershed one.

Nothing much has changed, really.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just look at the opposition....just look at them....and then draw your conclusion....you trust them to run this country?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at the opposition....just look at them....and then draw your conclusion....you trust them to run this country?

YES I do.

At least with NEW govt, we will know what is being hidden. Do you not want to know?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sir, are the result of the ruling party's decades of propaganda. You must have a brain the size of a pea to think that Singapore will shrivel up and die without the MIW.

We would all do well to heed Abraham Lincoln's words: "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take away everything you have."

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
As it stands, the environment in this country does not allow for an open discussion of serious matters, let alone disruption. For example, there are no political clubs. In the past we had the Socratic Circle and the Roundtable. Nothing of that kind exists, not even in the universities. There is no foment, no excitement amongst students. To me this apathy is a bad sign because social and political awareness usually begins in the tertiary educational institutions.

Instead, everything is now on the Internet, which I am wary of, because there is a lot of scurrilous rubbish online under the cover of anonymity.

Why any FT wants to send their children to study in Singapore's "CONTROLLED EDUCATION" and become 'brainless and spineless like 66.6% of Singaporeans is beyond my comprehension.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's wrong with them, the brazilian clown's slogan "It can't get any worse" does make sense. You got to be game enough, always fearing the unknown will not get you anywhere.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why any FT wants to send their children to study in Singapore's "CONTROLLED EDUCATION" and become 'brainless and spineless like 66.6% of Singaporeans is beyond my comprehension.

They think its a "cheaper" alternative then sending their kids to other countries. If the parents could afford it they would have gone to UK/US/AUST rather then Singapore.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of something funny relating to gambling.

Choosing the PAP or opposition is like playing Roulette.

You have only $10 and you have to either choose the Red/Black to place a bet or buy a single number

Placing a bet on Red/Black is 1:1
Placing a bet on Single Number is 1:35

There's nothing wrong with each person's choice. Some go for the 1:1 payout while some want to go for jugular 1:35 payout. :p

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's wrong with them, the brazilian clown's slogan "It can't get any worse" does make sense. You got to be game enough, always fearing the unknown will not get you anywhere.
i second tat.
we need changes, we cant stay the same forever.
yes, it might be gd/bad. if dun try, nvr know.

furthermore, if opp votes increase, it juz serves as a warning to the govt
that dey cant manipulate tings. this is democratic country isnt it?

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Catherine's article is a timely reminder for all those Oppo sympathisers and optimists, who think the next GE will be a watershed one.

but nsp is full of confidence leh...wanto to field 30 candidates leh....nsp leader goh meng seng is so confident he sold his hdb flat to fund election campaign leh...furthermore set up malay bureau to attract more malay into parliament and turn singapore into a mini-malaysia leh...:rolleyes:

K

Keiji Maeda

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

No joke as clown is Brazil's most voted congressman

SAO PAULO | Mon Oct 4, 2010 1:18pm EDT

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Voters the world over complain about having clowns for politicians, but Brazilians embraced the idea on Sunday by sending a real one to Congress with more votes than any other candidate. Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva, better known by his clown name Tiririca, received more than 1.3 million votes in Sao Paulo state in Brazil's presidential and congressional elections.

That was more than double the votes of the second-placed candidate in Brazil's most populous state. Tiririca caught the attention of disillusioned voters by asking for their support with the humorous slogan: "It can't get any worse" and a promise to do nothing more in Congress than report back to them on how politicians spend their time.

"What does a congressman do? The truth is I don't know, but vote for me and I'll tell you," the 45-year-old said in his campaign advertisements. The clown, whose stage name means "grumpy," usually appears in public wearing a blond wig, a red hat and a garish outfit. He survived a last-minute attempt by public prosecutors to bar him from running because of evidence that he is illiterate.

His candidacy may not have been as spontaneous or innocent as it might appear. Tiririca's well-financed campaign will help elect other politicians because under Brazil's election rules he can pass his substantial excess votes on to other candidates in his coalition, which includes the ruling Workers' Party.

(Reporting by Stuart Grudgings; Editing by Terry Wade)

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i second tat.
we need changes, we cant stay the same forever.
yes, it might be gd/bad. if dun try, nvr know.

furthermore, if opp votes increase, it juz serves as a warning to the govt
that dey cant manipulate tings. this is democratic country isnt it?

I very much think so and I concur for the obvious reason that times have changed. Gone are the so-called bicycle thiefs and clowns/comedians that joined the opposition cause. In its place, we now have qualified candidates who are fighting for a real cause and make no mistake, they have made heavy sacrifices and suffered for their political beliefs.If only the PAP is deemed fit to rule Singapore, then as a nation, we are doomed and condemned forever. No real progress can be made, other than economic progress.Dictatorship, anyone?:rolleyes:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No. PAP is so successful at fixing oppositions that only the clowns are left running the opposition. Smart people will never join politics, esp the opposition.

In fact, the same type of opposition quality dummies are also in government, which explain why we vote in groups, vote one smart one and 3 or more dummies in as well, to fill the numbers. :biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. PAP is so successful at fixing oppositions that only the clowns are left running the opposition. Smart people will never join politics, esp the opposition.

:biggrin:

Smart people don't join politics because they earn more in pte sector and if they are in politics (esp Singapore climate) do right or wrong also kenna fucked.

When you do something wrong, everyone take opportunity to fuck you.
When you do something right, everyone will say that is your fucking responsibility to ensure it is right.

Get the picture?

The smartest ones are those who choose to run away from Singapore and then bitch about everything that is wrong about Singapore.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
In next coming GE, it will be Elites (high income) vs Normal People (Middle & low income).

maybe not... it should be Elites tag team new citizens (birth from other countries) vs normal people (middle and low income who can see that it is essential to get more oppositions into the Parli)..

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are 2 kinds of oppositions.

1st kind already in Parliament, They take care of the interests of their residents as priority and then raise questions during Parliament.

2nd kind fighting to go into Parliament, They concentrate on asking all kinds of questions, whether its good, bad, clever or stupid questions, they will just take asking questions to the govt as priority, and the interests of the residents in their wards will be secondary.

However everyone almost forgotten that only the residents in that ward can vote for that MP, not the whole of Singapore.:p