• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP cock up again - Man dies after exercise at Health Promotion Board Lose To Win

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every year NS men die from running the same distance & here you have some PAP organisation doing the same for overweight people. Don't you think it's asking for trouble :eek:

They are the ones who organised the challenge & set the 2 km target. If the PAP is not to blame then who is :confused:

Just another honest mistake from an irresponsible bunch who didn't think about the consequences:mad:

They just want to score 'brownie points' with their masters, the top person will not be touched; the one nearest to the ground will be 'burnt'. They will still get the honours & announce that it is a success...unfortunately one died!:wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Every year NS men die from running the same distance & here you have some PAP organisation doing the same for overweight people. Don't you think it's asking for trouble :eek:

More people die from complications resulting from obesity and lack of exercise. The event caused the death of one fatty but in the long term, many will improve the quality of their lives and live a lot longer.

I would like to congratulate the PAP for getting people off their big fat butts and into an exercise regime.

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
More people die from complications resulting from obesity and lack of exercise. The event caused the death of one fatty but in the long term, many will improve the quality of their lives and live a lot longer.

I would like to congratulate the PAP for getting people off their big fat butts and into an exercise regime.

the intention is good, but the organizing management is "FUCK TUP"

Gatchaman Jun G-3

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are the ones who organised the challenge & set the 2 km target. If the PAP is not to blame then who is :confused:

Just another honest mistake from an irresponsible bunch who didn't think about the consequences:mad:
Organizers are at fault, that is for sure. But they are not fully to be blamed. I am sure that the man can report that he is feeling unwell while walking. However, all these organizers (regardless of SAF or sports organisation) should ensure that all these people dare to voice out when they are feeling unwell and also, station more health personnel.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Organizers are at fault, that is for sure. But they are not fully to be blamed.

The organisers are blameless. Taking part is voluntary and is a personal decision of the participants. They are responsible for their own actions and have definitely signed an indemnity clause.

Gatchaman Jun G-3

Alfrescian
Loyal
The organisers are blameless. Taking part is voluntary and is a personal decision of the participants. They are responsible for their own actions and have definitely signed an indemnity clause.
As a organiser, it is still better to err on the side of caution, especially when you are talking about people who have not exercised for the last 1 - 2 years. Stationing more medical personnel will help much should shit hits the fan.

However, I think this man's death is mostly attributed to the typical Singaporean bad habit of not opening up their golden mouth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Organizers are at fault, that is for sure. But they are not fully to be blamed. I am sure that the man can report that he is feeling unwell while walking. However, all these organizers (regardless of SAF or sports organisation) should ensure that all these people dare to voice out when they are feeling unwell and also, station more health personnel.

When I ask my cardiologist about exercise he advised me against overdoing it. Don't know what these fat people are trying to prove or what these organisers are trying to prove :confused:

Suspect these fat people were hyped up by the organisers egging them on with all the rah rah yipping. By then I'm sure many of these people would felt the pressure to complete the distance or lost face :rolleyes:

It is useless to go into the "What ifs", the fact is that a person has died during a PAP organised circus & no one will be held responsible for the mistake.

Gatchaman Jun G-3

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I ask my cardiologist about exercise he advised me against overdoing it. Don't know what these fat people are trying to prove or what these organisers are trying to prove :confused:

Suspect these fat people were hyped up by the organisers egging them on with all the rah rah yipping. By then I'm sure many of these people would felt the pressure to complete the distance or lost face :rolleyes:

It is useless to go into the "What ifs", the fact is that a person has died during a PAP organised circus & no one will be held responsible for the mistake.
Good point. But Singaporeans should learn to speak up more. It is not our habit yet. :wink:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is ridiculous to keep blaming PAP for an event organised by MHA, as MHA should be the authority that knows best how to get Singaporeans more healthy. I may have some disagreements on certain policies and how they manage the country, but blindly blaming them for all the ills is unreasonable. One thing, we do know, is that there is a 100% chance we all will die someday after being born. When that will happen is anyone's guess. I know a widower who had four sons all married, his wife passed away some years ago. Inexplicably, the 2nd sone passed away at age 38, and soon after the 3rd son. A few years later the eldedt too died leaving the youngest still alive. Many years later, I heard the youngest too passed away, leaving the old man still alive and he was in his eighties. I understand they all died from heart and liver disease, and most likely they all had this hereditary defect passed to them from their mother. Itis quite common to hear of people dying long before their prime, some in their early thirties even. It is hardly surprising that this 50+ year old guy died from over-stressing himself in a Challenge. What MHA may be faulted perhaps was not ensuring the health of participants before allowing them to take part.

More worrisome for us should be the number of times we hear news of an NS man who died while performing exercises. Mindef never release the figures, but I suspect every year a few of them died. Not known to many perhaps, is that many pilots died or were injured from air crashes, since RSAF began operations. Google it and you may come across the reports which are not made public. What we don't know about these and other deaths that occurred is more a concern and where we should start the blame game. In other words, we are shooting at what little we see, but the bigger targets are hidden from view.

Last edited:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal

obesity is a bigger problem in angmor countries that u loved so much.