• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Palermo president Zamparini: I've spent €10m on sacking coaches

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Palermo president Zamparini: I've spent €10m on sacking coaches

The Rosanero supremo has confessed to spending millions on replacing the man at the helm of the Sicilian club during his 25 years in charge

Sep 22, 2012 1:15:00 PM
By Ian Hudson

210888hp2.jpg

Maurizio Zamparini has admitted that he has spent too much on firing coaches after sacking three last season alone.

The 71-year-old Palermo chief is known for not giving the man in charge much time to impress, and has already sacked Giuseppe Sannino after just three Serie A games this term.

“if I thought about the money I’ve spent on coaches, I’d feel like shooting myself," he admitted to Tuttosport.

“It must be more than €10 million, as I’ve been firing people for 25 years. What really hurts me is that a factory worker won’t earn €1m in his entire life, so we ought to give much less [money] to coaches.

“The wages should be a maximum of €100,000. It’s ridiculous that working as a coach for three years means you never have to work again."

New coach Gian Piero Gasperini has his first game in charge of Palermo against Atalanta on Sunday.