• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Paid Millions, but OK With Fark Up Performance. Only PAPee Capable of This!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's throw a challenge to this Lee Bump Yank to find a job in a non-GLC or start his own biz that can still earn him as much!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=452 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Published March 28, 2009
c.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Lee Boon Yang thanked for a job well done
He made a major contribution and Singapore depends on people like him, PM Lee writes in a thank you letter

By CHUANG PECK MING
<TABLE class=storyLinks cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1 width=136 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR class=font10><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD>Email this article</TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD>Print article </TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD>Feedback</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>LEE Boon Yang, who will be retiring as a minister, has made a 'major contribution' to leadership renewal in the government, according to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

<TABLE class=picBoxL cellSpacing=2 width=100 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=caption><TD>'I will take some time off to unwind. Then I will see what opportunities are available and how I can make a contribution to Singapore in the next chapter of my life.'
- Dr Lee</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>In a letter thanking the 61-year-old Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA) for his service and contributions during his 24 years in government, PM Lee noted that Dr Lee knew the Members of Parliament well and, from 1988 to 2001, coordinated the ruling People's Action Party's efforts to identify potential candidates.
'You arranged tea sessions, psychological tests and interviews and prepared them to be fielded in general elections,' he said. 'This was a major contribution to leadership renewal, and to the Party's success in the 1991, 1997 and 2001 general elections.'
PM Lee said that Singapore depends on people such as Dr Lee, 'with integrity and ability, who commit themselves to serve the country and their fellow citizens'.
He said that in all his appointments, Dr Lee applied himself, mastered his responsibilities and brought his experience, judgement and practical sense to bear.
'Your Ministries were not only competently run, but broke new ground dealing with fresh problems and emerging opportunities,' PM Lee said. 'More broadly, the Cabinet has benefited from your steady and sound counsel.'
In his current appointment at MICA, started from 2003, he noted that under Dr Lee's watch, Singapore has kept abreast of social and technological changes. This has led international media companies to set up shop here and local firms to make headway in international markets, contributing to Singapore's progress in building a global media hub.
As Manpower Minister from 1992 to 2003, PM Lee said, Dr Lee ably led his ministry to respond to the Asian financial crisis in 1997 and the post-9/11 recession in 2001. 'You implemented the cut in CPF contribution rates in 1999, which was critical to our recovery from the Asian Crisis,' he said.
PM Lee said that Dr Lee further helped forge tripartism which remains a main pillar of Singapore's socio-economic stability and is 'an enduring source of our competitiveness'.
As defence minister, he said, Dr Lee 'encouraged the SAF to exploit technology to the fullest and initiated research and development tie-ups with foreign defence research institutes'.
'This build-up of our defence science capabilities has been critical in sustaining the sharp edge of the SAF,' PM Lee said.
Thanking the PM for 'the opportunity to serve Singapore as a member of his Cabinet Team', Dr Lee played down his 'achievements'.
In a statement issued to the press, he said: 'Whether in Defence, Manpower or most recently MICA, we have to deal with each challenge as a team. I had the benefit of very capable administrators and civil servants to work with me at each Ministry. We work closely on pushing the boundaries and advancing our mission.'
Dr Lee said that he got 'great satisfaction' in seeing 'the growing vibrancy in the arts and heritage sectors'. The implementation of the Next Generation National Broadband Network is also a project that gives him great satisfaction.
'I will miss the challenge of grappling with big issues and decision-making at national level,' he said. 'I will take some time off to unwind. Then I will see what opportunities are available and how I can make a contribution to Singapore in the next chapter of my life.'

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>