• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Opinion] Friend wants to go overseas to look for woman he has never met

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an older friend who has worked for many years and is quite senior in his company. Single and unattached but has girlfriends before and not without the occasional piak piak every now and then (He learnt some kung fu from me... :biggrin:). He is damn picky with women. If the looks fail, everything else fails.

Recently he told me he suddenly feels like flying to an overseas country (let’s call it Country X) to meet a woman (I will call her Ms W).

Well, thing is he has never met the woman, nor has he communicated with the woman before!

Here’s what happened. (I have modified certain parts to cut a long story short and for ease of reading),

One day for no apparent reason, he suddenly have the urge to go surfing for some artistic stuff on the internet. He came across this website that showcase the works of this artist (who is Ms W). He got interested and went to google for Ms W and went on to other sites to read about Ms W and watch her appearing in some videos.

Ms W is not exactly stunning looking (average at best), dress conservatively and not exactly very young (in fact slightly older than my friend). From some of her recent photos online, she is also not exactly very thin and she really looks her age (yes, aunty!). According to the web, Ms W is not married.

My friend is slim and fit and looks younger than his age. His taste of women is normal. So when he told me he wants to go look for that woman, I am kind of taken aback. (If she was some hot sexy babe, I can at least understand.)

I asked him why. He does not know why he wants to go meet Ms W! He does not know the exact purpose he will achieve in meeting Ms W. He said just like the feeling that drove him to suddenly surf the web on the artistic stuff, he is suddenly driven to want to meet Ms W.

What makes thing difficult is he does not know exactly where Ms W is. Only information is that she is in Country X. Only way to have a chance to get in touch with Ms W is through one of Ms W’s former associate who has a shop somewhere in Country X. My friend only has the address. No guarantee that this former associate is still in that shop. No guarantee that this former associate will help!

My friend’s enthusiasm seems high. He is ready to leave anytime.

I told him to wait for one month first. This may be a sudden urge that may subside over time. If the feeling to go to Country X to meet Miss W is still strong after one month, then he may go.

I mean, to go and look for that woman means he has to take leave, buy the air tickets, book the hotel, then go to search for this woman. He does not even know why he want to do this nor what outcome he wants, just that “strong feeling” is driving him. All these are beyond my understanding and logic.

Do you think he should go and why?

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i think you have given him good and sound advice. He should wait....have a cooling off period...then reassess his desire to meet her after that.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is Miss W this woman?

29_aung_san_suu_kyi_getty_640x390.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If its Vietnam, Thailand, China or Eastern Europe, pls dissuade your friend, the rest can consider, lol

Marican

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should go.When he loses all he has brought to search for that 'feeling' which I think is high possiblity,least he still has a meal or beer waiting from you to share that adventure.

Plan a nice ktv session to celebrate the return of his senses....and more piak piak..:biggrin::biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my 2 cents. Only 2 outcome, if you support the idea and Miss W turn out to be a devil, you lose a friend. If you against the idea and Miss W turn out to be an angel, again, you lose a friend. My personal opinion is always stay away from affairs of the heart.

Can be the other way also but why take the risk of losing a friend for an unknown Miss W whom both of you don't even know?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's karma. Your friend may have a past life connection with this woman. Ask him to do a Hilarion Reading to understand his urges better.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's karma. Your friend may have a past life connection with this woman. Ask him to do a Hilarion Reading to understand his urges better.

Yes, the karmic link is very strong. However, you should go with your friend in case the karmic link is one of retribution. Wait he kanna chopped in a foreign country and disappear like the poor man in Greece. Your friend can pay for your flight and accommodation.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Safe bet is to wait 2 week to a month to think about it. If still want go then go ahead.

But there is another choice just go there. This will be adventure trip that will not be forget. Such memory not much people have and dare to do. If he really meet up the women then is the best outcome and great memory either they will be together or not that not important.
If never meet up then just still a good adventure and trip. That will forever have many question unanswer???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your friend is an imbecile who believes in 'love at first sight', and I'm using the phrase loosely for he hadn't even yet met her in person.

P.S: Karmic link my arse.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If after one month of cooling-off period, he still has the urge to go overseas to look for Miss x or whatever,he can treat the overseas trip as a holiday trip for his deserved break from work,and if he is lucky to meet Miss X,consider that as a bonus.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If after one month of cooling-off period, he still has the urge to go overseas to look for Miss x or whatever,he can treat the overseas trip as a holiday trip for his deserved break from work,and if he is lucky to meet Miss X,consider that as a bonus.

Hello, cooling-off period only one day under the law leh...

Well, this kind of 冲动 urge usually ends in disappointment.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. tsk tsk tsk!
2. honest, your buddy is just some horny prick that needs the occasional bonking.
3. he may end up prickless or worse, kill in some foreign land.
4. how does he know whether the older woman like him or what?
5. this is diving in with both of his eyes close and blind!
6. get him to take a very cold shower!
7. wake up and smell the coffee.
8. btw, you cannot help him.
9. it is he to help himself.