• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Open letter to Ho Ching and Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear Madam Ho,

I refer to the news article regarding the sale of the McDonald restaurants in SIngapore and of the Head Office of McDonald's looking for franchisors in Singapore.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mcdonald-s-seeks/2987892.html

May I humbly suggest that your risk management team examine the possibility of purchasing this franchise. The purchase of this franchise will serve many national purpose and contribute to the viability of SIngaporeans and the country. Let me illustrate with the following points:

1) The relatively low price of around $200 million. The Head office of McDonald's is seeking around $400 million for the rights to the Malaysia and Singapore stores. But we need not be concerned with the Malaysian stores, just with the 120 outlets that are in Singapore. The price should therefore be around $200 million, give or take $50 million. This is just a drop in the bucket of all the funds that you manage and in Temasek terms, is a small outlay of funds.

2) By purchasing the stores, you will take over the 9,000 part time and full time staff in these stores. If you implememt a policy of hiring only singapore citizens for these 9,000 jobs, you would alleviate to a large degree the huge number of under employed and unemployed singaporeans. Any singaporeans laid off for a while or in between jobs can work at McDonald's to tide them over. This will go towards offsetting a lot of your husband's detrimental Foreign talents labour practices.

3) Singaporeans will be able to see that their own money in the form of funds with Temasek can be put to good use for the country by buying one of the largest employers in the country and employing only Singaporeans. Not only is there a profit to be made for Temasek, but there is also a excellent social profit to made here too. Singaporeans will not be given hand outs, they will be asked to work for it.

4) School children can be required by the MOE to do their ECA working in McDonald's, a company owned by their own parent's CPF money. How great will that be? They will learn responsibility, discipline, teamwork, earn a paycheque and at the same time find out what the real world is like. I cannot think of a better way for them to prepare for life after school. I am sure that cheap labour like school children (Secondary 2 and above) will also contribute to Temasek's bottom line and that must bring a smile to your face.

5) Lets face it, in the worse case scenario, you cannot lose all your investment money. Not like you have done with your other investments. You will always be able to find someone willing to buy your McDonald's restaurant if you decide to sell them, and probably for a good profit too. And at the end of the 20 year lease, you can always ask your husband to nationalize them and keep them forever. How great is that?

6) In order to increase profits, you can pursuade your husband to enact a National Service enlistment act for females. They will have to serve their 2 years in McDonald's instead of in the SAF. Look at all the money in labour you can save. And think of how equitable it is for males and females now. It will be a fantastic way for females to contribute to their nation, just like Males are doing now.

I conclude by urging you to make this purchase for the social, profitability, and national good of the nation.

Your loyal citizens,

PAPsmearer and Sam Leong

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really need to rework your open letter especially if you are a Sinkie peasant petitioning a natural aristocrat. The addressee is no ordinatry natural aristocrat. She's the spouse of your Chief Natural Aristocrat a/k/a Prime Ministar. It's as if you're writing to the official consort of a sovereign--emperor or king.

Below are my observations:

1. You need to drop "Ho" and simply write "Dear Madam".

2. As a Sinkie peasant, you don't have any right to suggest that Buy-High-Sell-Low ask her risk management team to examine the feasibility of buying the franchise. Re-cast your sentence starting with "May I humbly suggest that ....."

3. Please re-phrase the sentence starting with "This is just a drop in the bucket of all the funds....." From the viewpoint of natural aristocrats, it seems impolite.

4. Please seriously consider dropping the sentence "This will go towards offsetting a lot of your husband's detrimental Foreign talents labour practices." It's a direct affront to your Chief Natural Aristocrat. If you wish to retain it, please do phrase it differently while keeping the sense of what you wish to say.

5. Wow, you really have a death-wish, don't you? What do you mean by "Not like you have done with your other investments."? Please drop it if you wish to avoid super-costly lawsuits from the Bayi-Singh lawyer.

6. In official correspondences, you don't employ phrases like "your husband", "your wife", "your father", etc... as in " you can always ask your husband to nationalize them and...." and "you can pursuade your husband....." It sounds very informal.

7. Are you kidding me? You're going to sign off as PAPsmearer, the one and only fearless smearer of PAP?

N.B.: It's obvious you don't have experience writing official correspondence addressed to sovereigns, heads of state and heads of governments. If I were Ho Jinx, I wouldn't bother reading the rest of your open letter beyond the salutation, which is wrong.

Based on your open letter, you've no inkling whatsoever how natural aristocrats think and behave. They move in a world of their own and while they may appear to be friendly to Sinkie peasants, they're actually living lifestyles that are far removed from your own. Don't be deceived by anecdotes dished out by your Prime Ministar when he described how he preferred mee siam mai hum or tau huey chui or char kuay teow. In short, know your place in Sinkie society.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your open letter is not bad written but will be rejected becos you didn't know who is the boss.

Madam ho will only continue to read if the sign off is

Your loyal citizen
Sam Leong, papsmearer

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Look at the positive PR owning McDonald's can generate for the PAP and Stomachsick. This article below will show that they care for the seniors, if they buy McDonald's. Instead of sending off their grandmothers to rot in a retirement home, as per Penang Cow's rantings, STomachsick can work them to death like this old grammy.

[h=1]McDonald’s Oldest Employee Is 92 and Works in Singapore[/h][h=2]Her only complaint is that she gets a little hot standing near the fryer[/h]

Most people would like to think they’ll be retired and off their feet by the time they reach their 90s. But not one Singaporean great-grandmother, who continues to labor over a hot fryer at one of the city state’s McDonald’s outlets — at the age of 92.
Goh Gwek Eng is the U.S.-based global burger chain’s oldest employee, the Straits Times newspaper reports. Having lived through the occupation of Singapore by Japanese forces in the 1940s, she now has 10 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren.
“Now that most of them are working or have their own families, the house is very quiet,” Goh said of her decision to keep working.
Goh has been working at the Bedok Interchange McDonald’s since 1998. And by all accounts, she is still lovin’ it. Her only complaint is that she gets a little hot standing near the oil where fries are made. “I plan to keep working for as long as I am healthy,” she told the Straits Times.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
5. Wow, you really have a death-wish, don't you? What do you mean by "Not like you have done with your other investments."? Please drop it if you wish to avoid super-costly lawsuits from the Bayi-Singh lawyer.

6. In official correspondences, you don't employ phrases like "your husband", "your wife", "your father", etc... as in " you can always ask your husband to nationalize them and...." and "you can pursuade your husband....." It sounds very informal.

7. Are you kidding me? You're going to sign off as PAPsmearer, the one and only fearless smearer of PAP?

N.B.: It's obvious you don't have experience writing official correspondence addressed to sovereigns, heads of state and heads of governments. If I were Ho Jinx, I wouldn't bother reading the rest of your open letter beyond the salutation, which is wrong.

Based on your open letter, you've no inkling whatsoever how natural aristocrats think and behave. They move in a world of their own and while they may appear to be friendly to Sinkie peasants, they're actually living lifestyles that are far removed from your own. Don't be deceived by anecdotes dished out by your Prime Ministar when he described how he preferred mee siam mai hum or tau huey chui or char kuay teow. In short, know your place in Sinkie society.

Wow, I did not realize my letter was so fraught with danger. LOL