• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only men are allowed to buy cucumbers

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read it in Today newspaper.

This is a bit extreme. :o

BAGHDAD — Al Qaeda is losing support in Iraq because of a brutal crackdown on activities it regards as un-Islamic — including women buying cucumbers.

Besides the killings inflicted those who refuse to pledge allegiance to them, Al Qaeda has lost credibility for enforcing a series of rules imposing their way of thought on the most mundane aspects of everyday life.

They include a ban on women buying suggestively shaped vegetables, according to one tribal leader in the western province of Anbar.

Sheikh Hameed Al Hayyes, a Sunni elder, told Reuters: “They even killed female goats because their private parts were not covered and their tails were pointed upward, which they said was haram. They regarded the
cucumber as male and tomato as female. Women were not allowed
to buy cucumbers, only men.”

Other farcical stipulations include an edict not to buy or sell ice-cream, because it did not exist in the time of the Prophet, while hair salons and
shops selling cosmetics have also been bombed.

Most seriously, Sheikh Al Hayyes said: “I saw them slaughter a nine-year-old boy like a sheep because his family didn’t pledge allegiance to them.”

Such behaviour has triggered a backlash among Sunnis, whom Al Qaeda claimed to be protecting, the sheikh and military leaders said.

Lieutenant-Colonel Tim Albers, an American intelligence officer, told Reuters: “Al Qaeda’s very heavy-handed killing of civilians backfired on them. The Sunnis just wouldn’t stand for it any more.

“The self-described protectors of the Sunni community now kill more Iraqi Sunnis than anyone else does.”

The Daily Telegraph

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other farcical stipulations include an edict not to buy or sell ice-cream, because it did not exist in the time of the Prophet

With that, they've got to go back to using sabres and pitchforks. No AK-47s, jeeps or bombs allowed yah. Will make it alot easier for the US Army.

btw weren't there cucumbers back on those days? i don't recall reading about bans like this... What's the difference now?? Women's suffrage? :o

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It only goes to show that this so call muslims have very weak restitutions that they cannot face temptation..

I guess the men must enjoy the cucumbers themselves so much that it's creating a supply problem. Better get rid of the demand from the women :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are taboos & beliefs in every race, religion.....do not know what the women will do with the cucumbers?

So, carrots, lentils, any vegetables elongated, cylindrical, are banned, I assumed.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...very weak restitutions that they cannot face temptation..
splintuh said:
..go back to using sabres and pitchforks. ..btw weren't there cucumbers back on those days? i don't recall reading about bans like this... What's the difference now?? Women's suffrage?
What will they think of next? Hey, what about likes of ladies fingers, brinjals? Case of bad fit, or just texture?:rolleyes::p

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its very hard to try an understand the rationale behind the actions of a culture that is turned on by an exposed neck/wrist

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
With them around no need to keep long hair. Just don't expose your back or else kenna sodomised.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other farcical stipulations include an edict not to buy or sell dounuts, because they did not exist in the time of the Prophet,

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other farcical stipulations include an edict not to buy or sell dounuts, because they did not exist in the time of the Prophet,

They still travel with horses and donkeys in Iraq? I don't think cars existed then too.:rolleyes:

They say about these fundamentalists.. they want everyone to go back living in the Stone Age

bluesky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how these people can relate vegetables to sex objects. Next time better cover the camel kookoojiao!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

What about one of these? Allowed?

jessica-rabbit-vibrator.jpg

Kenshinng

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's a lot of misinterpretations of the religious texts by a lot of the religious bigots... makes life difficult for the believers and non-believers alike.