• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only 7% of AYG tickets are sold

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal

ONLY 7 per cent of the 52,000 Asian Youth Games tickets released to the public have been snapped up, the Singapore Sports Council revealed yesterday.

But Singapore Asian Youth Games Organising Committee spokesman Alvin Hang said that sales figures are rising steadily, with some events selling out.

"There were about 2,500 fans at the football match between Singapore and Iran and tickets for the final days of the bowling event are almost sold out," said Mr Hang.

The football tournament kicked off on July 22, and Singapore played Iran last Saturday. Bowling starts tomorrow and ends on Monday.

"We would like to reassure everyone that stringent measures are in place to ensure all participants and spectators can enjoy the Games safely. This includes temperature screenings at all venues for spectators," Mr Hang added.

There are so far no new Influenza A (H1N1) cases among the teams, and the Ministry of Health has informed Saygoc that the one remaining case - a footballer from Hong Kong - has recovered and was discharged from SGH yesterday.

Meanwhile, at least two schools have stepped up efforts to get their students to support the Games.

East Spring Secondary School was one of the first to buy up its full allotment of tickets from the Ministry of Education, and principal Ong Teck Hui said students will be allowed to take leave from classes to attend Games events that they have tickets for.

Greendale Secondary School principal Mark Minjoot said at least 66 of their students have bought tickets for sailing, football and athletics, and the school is looking into getting more for other events.

"It will be a good experience especially for our school teams to see the kind of strategies employed by other countries," he said. Ian De Cotta

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rest are sold to "MEMBERS", who will willing buy the tickets, even it cost $80 to make the AYG a success..

Are you a MEMBER?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
"There were about 2,500 fans at the football match between Singapore and Iran and tickets for the final days of the bowling event are almost sold out," said Mr Hang.

The football tournament kicked off on July 22, and Singapore played Iran last Saturday. Bowling starts tomorrow and ends on Monday.

:eek::eek::eek: 2,500 fans?????? Malaysia cup Matches at the National Stadium used to pack in 55,000!

Today is July 1st according to my computer. Why is July 22 being referred to in the past tense??? What sort of cuntry are you living in???:rolleyes:

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
:eek::eek::eek: 2,500 fans?????? Malaysia cup Matches at the National Stadium used to pack in 55,000!

Today is July 1st according to my computer. Why is July 22 being referred to in the past tense??? What sort of cuntry are you living in???:rolleyes:

I think it meant to be June 22 not July 22. The AYG event end on 7th July if I'm not wrong

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
th_pvhmx.jpg

Fret not! Willl ask my ass loon son to mobilise the NS slaves to do the job and charge the ticket cost to the peasants' cpf account! *hee*hee*

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Meanwhile, at least two schools have stepped up efforts to get their students to support the Games.

East Spring Secondary School was one of the first to buy up its full allotment of tickets from the Ministry of Education, and principal Ong Teck Hui said students will be allowed to take leave from classes to attend Games events that they have tickets for.

Greendale Secondary School principal Mark Minjoot said at least 66 of their students have bought tickets for sailing, football and athletics, and the school is looking into getting more for other events.<<<

Using high pressure tactics?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now ticket are on offer. Starhub send SMS offer 25%. Heard that many people are getting free ticket maybe from sponsor/company/AYG organiser if not more empty seat. If free I still have to think twice because waste time and transports/parking charge.
Now AYG sponsor and retailer/shop tenant going to be lost big amount of $$$. No people go mean food/drink/merchandise/souvenir cannot sell.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now AYG sponsor and retailer/shop tenant going to be lost big amount of $$$. No people go mean food/drink/merchandise/souvenir cannot sell.

That will be good news for their staff employees.

Employees : Hooray! Got free meals to tar pau liao!

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

ONLY 7 per cent of the 52,000 Asian Youth Games tickets released to the public have been snapped up, the Singapore Sports Council revealed yesterday.

But Singapore Asian Youth Games Organising Committee spokesman Alvin Hang said that sales figures are rising steadily, with some events selling out.

AYG is just a yard stick for YOG next year; at the rate they are going. Youth Olympic will be the biggest flop yet.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basically, it's silly for Singapore to host Asian Youth Games and Olympic Youth Games. Who got time to be interested even if they can afford the ticket? Seriously, it's going to host without medals. Embarrassing...but then of course, our propaganda machine I trust, will standby lots of "nevermind" "we tried" "we'll improve" stuff. Don't mistaken me, I'd like my own country Singapore to improve in sports too, but is this the way? I don't think so.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Msia boycott LOL

Not kawan....SINgapore is H1N1 hub...might as well ban all SINgaporeans from crossing over to Malaysia...but, encik!...losse money, how!:wink:

What is the AYG? anyway, never heard of it? Asian Games, SEA Games, Olympics..PESTA SUKAN ( what happened to this?)...I have heard.

AYG?..wt..fisshhh!?:smile:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never even knew about AYG.

Even if its free, I wouldn't go. Where got the time? Already competing like mad to keep our jobs from being taken over by FT.

Who cares about watching some adolescents compete! 100m sprint 10.8sec! Whoalao eh!

They also report venues with 100% tickets sold out! (but then the capacity on 150, which means mostly taken by relatives and officials). Damn funny spin man!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not kawan....SINgapore is H1N1 hub...might as well ban all SINgaporeans from crossing over to Malaysia...but, encik!...losse money, how!:wink:

Heard that about 800 people in Spore have caught it. :eek:

When thousands have it wouldn't be surprised if our neighbours close their borders :rolleyes: