• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One Direction star Louis Tomlinson completes takeover of Doncaster Rovers

Flake

Alfrescian
Loyal

One Direction star Louis Tomlinson completes takeover of Doncaster Rovers

426062_heroa.jpg

By Matthew Rogerson
Jun 19, 2014 5:33:00 PM

The life-long Donny fan is hoping to transfer his success as an international pop sensation onto the pitch at the Keepmoat Stadium as he becomes joint owner of the club

One Direction star Louis Tomlinson has completed his joint takeover of League One club Doncaster Rovers.

Tomlinson will assume co-ownership alongside former chairman John Ryan after contracts were finalised on Tuesday.

With a takeover completion date set for July 18, Tomlinson and Ryan are to work with manager Paul Dickov on transfer targets and on-field business ahead of the new season.

Tomlinson, who comes from Doncaster, featured for the club in a reserve game earlier this year and had been linked with a takeover for a number of months.

"For me, this is all about the football, the community and restoring the excitement and desire to making [sic] Doncaster Rovers the most exciting club to play for in Yorkshire," said Tomlinson.

"I want to see the Doncaster Rovers supporters get the club the success it deserves.

"I grew up in Doncaster and have felt the love for football run through the town. It's for that reason that I have a real personal passion to make Doncaster Rovers a success story.

"This is a big step which I believe will open up opportunities to provide a very, very exciting future for the club and its supporters."

However, it seems likely to be Ryan who will do much of the hands-on work at the Keepmoat Stadium, with the 64-year-old having been chairman of the club for several years prior to stepping down in November - six months before the club were relegated from the second tier.

He was in charge as Doncaster rose through the divisions from non-league football to the Championship.