• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Obama: Nasi Goreng, Rambutans and Bakso Yummy and Sedap!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama misses nasi goreng
Mr Yudhoyono said he asked Mr Obama if he could squeeze in a stopover to Jakarta, to which the president-elect responded: 'Visiting Indonesia is very important, and I miss nasi goreng, bakso and rambutan.' -- PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS

JAKARTA - US President-elect Barack Obama is eager to come to Indonesia, the tropical country he once called home, saying among other things, he misses the local cuisine, newspapers reported on Wednesday.

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was quoted as saying he had spoken by phone earlier this week with Obama, who will be in the region for next year's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum.

Mr Yudhoyono said he asked Mr Obama if he could squeeze in a stopover to Jakarta, to which the president-elect responded: 'Visiting Indonesia is very important, and I miss nasi goreng, bakso and rambutan.'

Nasi goreng, or fried rice, is one of the country's most popular daily dishes, often served with fried egg, meat, vegetables or seafood. Bakso, a local meatball is usually eaten in soup. And rambutan is a red, tropical fruit native to South-east Asia and closely related to lychee.

Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation, is unabashedly Obama crazy, partly because he lived here during his childhood. He is fondly remembered by former teachers and classmates, who describe him as fun and hardworking. -- AP

EssaiveE

Alfrescian
Loyal
i find it amusing how westerners try to pronounce asian words, with their accents.

"Hi, I'd like some nar-si gore-eng and some rem-byu-tens"