• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS pulls condoms off the shelves of Guardian on campus

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
14cw5zo.jpg

The Guardian started to sell condoms, then a few days later, they were taken off the shelves. Now they use paper to cover the "Family Planning" sign...

From a Facebook post by Low Zoey

Long story short - The Guardian on campus got rid of all the "Family Planning" products at the request of the 'NUS Management', coincidentally mere days after an anonymous comment on the "NUS Confessions" FB page "announced" that condoms were finally available on campus. Previously, the campus Cheers/7-11 did not carry condoms.

A group presentation a couple of years ago on contraception led to me call UHWC (campus health services) to ask if they had safe sex brochures or free condoms that we could distribute.

The embarrassed sounding receptionist informed me that not only do they not have any brochures or learning aids, UHWC does not give out, sell or stock condoms. However, they do prescribe the morning after pill and the contraceptive pill.

Sure, students can always leave campus to get what they need, but what kind of message is this sending? I get the sense that this "world class" university babies us too much (or worse, is in abject denial about the realities of human nature). To be fair, such decisions aren't always their own - they might be avoiding backlash from conservative parents - not that it's any real excuse.

Even a cursory knowledge of teenage pregnancy and STD and HIV prevention will show that access to contraception and adequate knowledge in a supporting environment will go a long way.

The presence of condoms on campus is not going to cause a fornication boom. In fact, this "worst nightmare" is already happening - read the accounts on "NUS Confessions" for one and note the plethora of 'sex scandals' involving NUS students. Why not help us stay safe?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
use the withdrawal method.

no need condom lah!

works for me everytime!

tuayapeh says these NUS fuckers got no sense of reality lor...
tai hart seng buay sio gan eh meh???

i thought a lot of NUS girls do part time and sell pussy also?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lemme guess... the Campus Crusade for Christ, The Navigators or the Varsity Christian Fellowship strong-armed the NUS management into doing that?

God forbid those married couples from having safe sex in their dorm. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lemme guess... the Campus Crusade for Christ, The Navigators or the Varsity Christian Fellowship strong-armed the NUS management into doing that?

you do know that ppl still can have sex without condoms.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This brings back mammaries. Years ago, a spatially challenged member of the Varsity Christian Fellowship Arts drew a poster the heading of which looked like 'VC FARTS.' The less pious among us scribbled under the heading questions like, 'Did it stink?', 'Where?'